Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ARTMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

guess_the_finish.jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I was back in my laboratory mixing and munging and out comes a finish that is ridiculous.

It's a forged black steel with a hint of silver miniflake, a chrome substrate that results in a mirror finish topped off with a clear vision top coat.

Zoom in to see the detail. Taking mirror finishes to a new level.

guess_the_finish.jpgguess_the_finish.jpg

#2 11 years ago

would help if the pic loaded properly..

Fixed.

#3 11 years ago

WOW.

Outstanding.

Thank you for fixing the pic.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Dude, thats sick! How many coin doors can you do at once?

#5 11 years ago

Damn that's a sexy color on that wheel. I would love to do a color like that to my challenger

#6 11 years ago

Real nice! It looks just like black chrome.

#7 11 years ago

Alex,
    Awesome... whooo that would look so nice on a lot of machines..
    Hope to be sending you stuff one day soon..

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Dude, thats sick! How many coin doors can you do at once?

Honestly? Probably 100 or so? (Not stern doors. I can do them but the coin slots and returns are plastic so those have to stay plastic black)

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Probably 100 or so?

Group buy discount? Whos in?

#10 11 years ago

Yes please remember that formula. That would be awesome on my creech

#11 11 years ago

Awesome finish. Nice work!

#13 11 years ago

Sweet. I may have to send you my foose wheels to redo them. Not happy with the flat black they are. If you do rims that aren't local pm me your rate please. They are 20 inch.

#14 11 years ago

Ill group buy anything and discount batches. I wrote a php app to keep track of my mixes so I can duplicate mass batches.

Tons of off the shelf and not so off the shelf colors become amazing when combined.

In the powder world mixing yellow and blue powder doesn't make green. It makes a funky blue yellow hue

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Sweet. I may have to send you my foose wheels to redo them. Not happy with the flat black they are. If you do rims that aren't local pm me your rate please. They are 20 inch.

2 piece, 3 or monobloc. Just the centers or the lip done as well . All depends on whether I am taping or unbolting them.

Endless options when doing wheels.

P.S. I love the c3 and c4 Vettes.

#16 11 years ago

Wonder if you could do the scoop on AFM in that color

#17 11 years ago

The outside SOL scoop? Sure.

Afm is better suited to charcoal sparkle though. Check out the thread I made for PinmikeD and robertmee

#18 11 years ago

looks sweet

#19 11 years ago

Would look good on SM. Might have to get it done.

#20 11 years ago

And that is one hell of a color. Niiiiice

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Capper96:

Yes please remember that formula. That would be awesome on my creech

Yeah! Don't forget the formula!!! You've got a winner there!!!

#23 11 years ago

Time to send back all my high speed parts to get redone. Good thing i didnt install them yet.

#24 11 years ago

Bwaaahahah. No way. If I have to do that machine again I'm going to do charcoal sparkle with a slatted stripe in the side rails to make it look like a highway to match the playfield

#25 11 years ago

That would be sweet. If I stumble upon a spare set if rails I will send them your way. It will be your game someday after all.

#26 11 years ago

Great job. Does it look as good as black nickel in person?

#27 11 years ago

It's pretty close. Black nickel is slightly smoother but BN is also about 1100 dollars to do the game in if you can find someone to do it. I don't think MikeC is doing it anymore and I don't anymore because the shit is caustic as hell.

I made this to try and mimic it as closely as possible. It's pretty close but I get creative freedom to overlay this on top of another color. I can do this with a blue hue or a green hue or a red hue.

Imagine "blue chrome"

#28 11 years ago

It really looks good.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Imagine "blue chrome"

I can't. Need pics.

#30 11 years ago

Ill try to shoot some to see if I can photograph it. Very difficult to get the colors to show properly.

#31 11 years ago

Looks good Till the road salt gets to it.

#32 11 years ago

Lol. A few coats of clear helps but you are right. Salt screws it up something fierce. That's why on people's winter sets I recommend textured finishes. Significantly more rugged and you can do crazy crap with texture.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Looks good Till the road salt gets to it.

Pin-it... You put road salt on your pin???

#34 11 years ago

Where do I find side rails for Centaur. I would love to do Centaur armor like this.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from jkmboler:

Pin-it... You put road salt on your pin???

Nah Im saying the rims look nice ,but as soon as road salt gets on metal items it corrodes it something awful. On a pin ,nah unless your spilling soda on it!

Quoted from Pinchroma:

few coats of clear helps but you are right. Salt screws it up something fierce

Ditto on that ^^^^
    You should see the brake and transmission lines I have replaced recently, they looked really rusted bad and getting swiss cheesed looking.
    *Dangerous to say the least* ,as a matter of safety you should check em` if any doubts.

Yeah if you put a few good coats of clear on them you have an edge over salt.

#36 11 years ago

Alex, that is pretty damn close to what I am looking for on my Spidey. Kind of a black chrome, etc. Can you do that with a lil sparkle added?

#37 11 years ago

I certainly could... Remove the clear vision and change to an envision sparkle clear.

#38 11 years ago

Holy name change Batman!

#39 11 years ago

Yup. Figured it was more relevant

#40 11 years ago

I dont know man...theres a dude named Alex that will give a run for your money. Nice color!

#41 11 years ago

Yeah I don't like that dude

#42 11 years ago

Name change confuses me

#43 11 years ago

I wish robin could symlink my old name to new

#44 11 years ago

Looks cool. I get the feeling that the picture isn't doing it justice.

2 months later
    #45 11 years ago

Save yourself time and money and ship it to Tommy Espo, that's the guy actually do the work.
    https://www.facebook.com/EsposPowderCoating

#46 11 years ago

Pinchroma isn't the guy doing the work? Are you sure? Alex is a great guy so I could really care less.. we need more guys like him in our hobby.

#47 11 years ago

Dont wanna get in nothing here or disrespect anyone but Alex is a good guy. Dont wanna see his rep get Tarnished. He and Tommy from Espos are great friends and Alex works hand in hand with him. Dont wanna speak for Pinchroma(Alex) but check your facts please. Thanks

#48 11 years ago

Pretty amazing looking might go well with black mirror blades. Might use this in my next project(s).

#49 11 years ago

Looks awesome Alex! Your rep is safe with me buddy!

#50 11 years ago

Would look great on Stern legs.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-finish-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.