Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zh2oson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

seller-gold (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    seller-tiers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider troys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

[quoted image]
    Some of you may have already noticed in the past few days: I have added a new feature called "Seller Badges" to our marketplace area. It's a simple concept that hopefully aids you in identifying the great sellers on Pinside.
    Background
    Over the past few years I have worked extremely hard to make Pinside the safest place on the internet to buy and sell (used) pinball machines. We have many systems in place that prevent scammers from abusing our platform. We have the public checks (account and address verification), the basic checks (IP etc) and then also some clever algorithms that recognise scam patterns (which I will obviously not disclose).
    Now, of course, no system can be 100% scammer-proof. But consider the below stats for a moment and the fact that I don't think we've had any scams reported in at least the past 12 months means we're doing pretty well!
    Also a big shout out to all the folks who notify me of suspicious lookin' ads!
    Stats
    On average we currently see around 1,000 games listed on Pinside each month.
    About 40% of those listings end up being marked as "sold".
    The total value going through the Pinside marketplace for machine sales is around $3,000,000 (per month)!
    Having virtually zero scams going on is a testament to enormous effort placed in making Pinside scam free.
    Anyways, enough boasting... Back to the topic: Seller Badges.
    [quoted image]
    Goal
    The goal I have for this feature is to give recognition to Pinsiders who have a great selling record on Pinside. Nothing more, nothing less. These Pinsiders sell plenty of games, have been doing so for a while, they have received good feedback and they pay their sales fees to Pinside
    This system only takes game sales data (not parts or mods sales) into account and badges are updated once a day. The system is automated and purely based on statistics and the criteria (shown below).
    Seller tiers
    There are 4 seller tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond. Each tier has its requirements, listed below, where some requirements are totals (all time minimums) and some are on a rolling basis (past 12 months).
    Criteria
    BRONZE SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧10
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧5
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧3
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧3
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧1
    Successful sales ratio: ≧30%
    SILVER SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧15
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧10
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧5
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧3
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧2
    Successful sales ratio: ≧35%
    GOLD SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧25
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧15
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧8
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧6
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧3
    Successful sales ratio: ≧40%
    DIAMOND SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧50
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧30
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧20
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧10
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧5
    Successful sales ratio: ≧50%
    [quoted image]
    Current distribution of tiers
    Now, in case you're wondering what the current stats look like:
    We currently (november 22, 2022) have...
    136 bronze badge sellers
    88 silver badge sellers
    48 gold badge sellers
    and 8 diamond badge sellers
    The system runs its checks once every day to update all badges. As such, badges are subject to change and can appear/disappear for a seller if he meets (or not) the criteria for a tier.
    I hope you find this feature useful! This is only Version 1. We can build on this with your input, ideas and suggestions!

Amazing new feature, thank you for all you do!

1 week later
    #19 1 year ago

Wow he has permed a ton of games. Think I need to be a pin trader to pay for pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider troys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-feature-pinside-seller-badges?tu=troys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.