Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zh2oson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

seller-gold (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    seller-tiers (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    Some of you may have already noticed in the past few days: I have added a new feature called "Seller Badges" to our marketplace area. It's a simple concept that hopefully aids you in identifying the great sellers on Pinside.

Background
    Over the past few years I have worked extremely hard to make Pinside the safest place on the internet to buy and sell (used) pinball machines. We have many systems in place that prevent scammers from abusing our platform. We have the public checks (account and address verification), the basic checks (IP etc) and then also some clever algorithms that recognise scam patterns (which I will obviously not disclose).

Now, of course, no system can be 100% scammer-proof. But consider the below stats for a moment and the fact that I don't think we've had any scams reported in at least the past 12 months means we're doing pretty well!

Also a big shout out to all the folks who notify me of suspicious lookin' ads!

Stats
    On average we currently see around 1,000 games listed on Pinside each month.
    About 40% of those listings end up being marked as "sold".
    The total value going through the Pinside marketplace for machine sales is around $3,000,000 (per month)!

Having virtually zero scams going on is a testament to enormous effort placed in making Pinside scam free.

Anyways, enough boasting... Back to the topic: Seller Badges.

seller-tiers (resized).jpgseller-tiers (resized).jpg

Goal
    The goal I have for this feature is to give recognition to Pinsiders who have a great selling record on Pinside. Nothing more, nothing less. These Pinsiders sell plenty of games, have been doing so for a while, they have received good feedback and they pay their sales fees to Pinside

This system only takes game sales data (not parts or mods sales) into account and badges are updated once a day. The system is automated and purely based on statistics and the criteria (shown below).

Seller tiers
    There are 4 seller tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond. Each tier has its requirements, listed below, where some requirements are totals (all time minimums) and some are on a rolling basis (past 12 months).

Criteria

BRONZE SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧10
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧5
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧3
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧3
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧1
    Successful sales ratio: ≧30%

SILVER SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧15
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧10
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧5
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧2
    Successful sales ratio: ≧35%

GOLD SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧25
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧15
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧8
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧6
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧3
    Successful sales ratio: ≧40%

DIAMOND SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧50
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧30
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧20
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧10
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧5
    Successful sales ratio: ≧50%

seller-gold (resized).jpgseller-gold (resized).jpg

Current distribution of tiers
    Now, in case you're wondering what the current stats look like:

We currently (november 22, 2022) have...

136 bronze badge sellers
    88 silver badge sellers
    48 gold badge sellers
    and 8 diamond badge sellers

The system runs its checks once every day to update all badges. As such, badges are subject to change and can appear/disappear for a seller if he meets (or not) the criteria for a tier.

I hope you find this feature useful! This is only Version 1. We can build on this with your input, ideas and suggestions!

#2 1 year ago

I like the qualification that one must continuously remain active selling games per 12 month period to remain recognized in this system.

#3 1 year ago

Great job robin and the team

The safer the better

#4 1 year ago

Way to make me feel like an addict with a 6 pin lineup.

#5 1 year ago

Is that rating also in your Pinside profile someplace or will it just pop up on for-sale ads? I didnt see one in my profile but I dont sell a lot of games......

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Is that rating also in your Pinside profile someplace or will it just pop up on for-sale ads? I didnt see one in my profile but I dont sell a lot of games......

Good suggestion, I will also add this to Profile > Market tab.

Maybe also to the side of your user name? Or is that too much? I mean, it's kind of an honor badge.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

O suggestion, I will also add this to Profile > Market tab.
    Maybe also to the side of your user name? Or is that too much? I mean, it's kind of an honor badge.

I like that idea, the more you know about a fellow Pinsider at a glance the better, to me. If someone is giving sales advice and they've sold 1 game in 4 years, I'd like to know that.

And like you said, an honor badge, like the red heart next to your name.

#8 1 year ago

I think it’s a great idea!

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

[quoted image]
    Some of you may have already noticed in the past few days: I have added a new feature called "Seller Badges" to our marketplace area. It's a simple concept that hopefully aids you in identifying the great sellers on Pinside.
    Background
    Over the past few years I have worked extremely hard to make Pinside the safest place on the internet to buy and sell (used) pinball machines. We have many systems in place that prevent scammers from abusing our platform. We have the public checks (account and address verification), the basic checks (IP etc) and then also some clever algorithms that recognise scam patterns (which I will obviously not disclose).
    Now, of course, no system can be 100% scammer-proof. But consider the below stats for a moment and the fact that I don't think we've had any scams reported in at least the past 12 months means we're doing pretty well!
    Also a big shout out to all the folks who notify me of suspicious lookin' ads!
    Stats
    On average we currently see around 1,000 games listed on Pinside each month.
    About 40% of those listings end up being marked as "sold".
    The total value going through the Pinside marketplace for machine sales is around $3,000,000 (per month)!
    Having virtually zero scams going on is a testament to enormous effort placed in making Pinside scam free.
    Anyways, enough boasting... Back to the topic: Seller Badges.
    [quoted image]
    Goal
    The goal I have for this feature is to give recognition to Pinsiders who have a great selling record on Pinside. Nothing more, nothing less. These Pinsiders sell plenty of games, have been doing so for a while, they have received good feedback and they pay their sales fees to Pinside
    This system only takes game sales data (not parts or mods sales) into account and badges are updated once a day. The system is automated and purely based on statistics and the criteria (shown below).
    Seller tiers
    There are 4 seller tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond. Each tier has its requirements, listed below, where some requirements are totals (all time minimums) and some are on a rolling basis (past 12 months).
    Criteria
    BRONZE SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧10
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧5
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧3
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧1
    Successful sales ratio: ≧30%
    SILVER SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧15
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧10
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧5
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧2
    Successful sales ratio: ≧35%
    GOLD SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧25
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧15
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧8
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧6
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧3
    Successful sales ratio: ≧40%
    DIAMOND SELLER
    Game ads placed (all time): ≧50
    Games ads sold (all time): ≧30
    Positive feedback (all time): ≧20
    Game ads sold (last 12 months): ≧10
    Positive feedback (last 12 months): ≧5
    Successful sales ratio: ≧50%
    [quoted image]
    Current distribution of tiers
    Now, in case you're wondering what the current stats look like:
    We currently (november 22, 2022) have...
    136 bronze badge sellers
    88 silver badge sellers
    48 gold badge sellers
    and 8 diamond badge sellers
    The system runs its checks once every day to update all badges. As such, badges are subject to change and can appear/disappear for a seller if he meets (or not) the criteria for a tier.
    I hope you find this feature useful! This is only Version 1. We can build on this with your input, ideas and suggestions!

Amazing new feature, thank you for all you do!

#10 1 year ago

Great idea! I'd prefer to drop the 12 month requirement though - there are a lot of great sellers (myself included) that just don't sell many games per year but have a lot of sold game history and excellent feedback. I think it would be an extremely rare case for a historically excellent seller to morph into a poor seller.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Great idea! I'd prefer to drop the 12 month requirement though - there are a lot of great sellers (myself included) that just don't sell many games per year but have a lot of sold game history and excellent feedback. I think it would be an extremely rare case for a historically excellent seller to morph into a poor seller.

I disagree.

The feedback section already exists for sellers like you. This is different.

This recognizes those who maintain a frequent seller status. It's a more difficult achievement that deserves a special designation.

#12 1 year ago

This is a great feature indeed! Thanks Robin!

#13 1 year ago

Hi Robin, I sent you a message on this about a week ago, great idea! I don't see it on my ads though? I was wondering why?

Also, is there any consideration for people who do featured ads?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Hi Robin, I sent you a message on this about a week ago, great idea! I don't see it on my ads though? I was wondering why?
    Also, is there any consideration for people who do featured ads?

Probably the “sold rate” falling below 30% per 12 month period? If it’s marked as unsold then I’m guessing it counts “against” you

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Yeah, it's something that seems to want to recognize more commercial focused people instead of really solid hobbyists.

#16 1 year ago

the parameters to meet the different levels is far too hard to achieve , with 90,000 plus members I may be wrong on this number , and only less then 300 qualify

#17 1 year ago

Apparently I’m one of the few diamond members and am purely a hobbyist.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Apparently I’m one of the few diamond members and am purely a hobbyist.

Haha - you change games more frequently than some people change their underwear.

But I will admit - if anyone is deserving of a diamond, Vitty is the guy - he's one of the best sellers on Pinside!

#19 1 year ago

Wow he has permed a ton of games. Think I need to be a pin trader to pay for pins.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I completely agree - check my seller feedback & length of time my account has been open as well. Perhaps make the yearly number of games sold less like 4 or so? I believe I qualify for diamond if only that requirement were lowered somewhat or removed. I just periodically sell games, not similar to a dealer in volume but I provide a top notch experience to all of my Pinside buyers throughout the whole sale process

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I like the qualification that one must continuously remain active selling games per 12 month period to remain recognized in this system.

Totally agree with this comment, great system for businesses but individual sellers don't usually sell 3 games a year on average. Seems a little unfair to private sellers that have a good solid reputation. Thanks.

4 months later
    #22 1 year ago

robin - I assume this only takes into account Game For Sale ads...not Games wanted ads?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-feature-pinside-seller-badges?hl=troys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.