4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yoko2una
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I'm wondering if there has ever been a machine where you hit a captive ball(s) into the pop bumpers? This area would be otherwise not be accessible. While the captive ball(s) is in the pop bumpers the value of the playfield is doubled (or multiplied by the number of balls). I was thinking about this because for the most part I enjoy pop bumpers, but in most games they are used in a standard layout that results in little benefit outside of temporary parking a ball or in modes that require multiple switch hits. I'm just wondering if this already exists.

#2 4 years ago

Kiss Prem+ starchild area would kind of like that if it had a captive ball?

#3 4 years ago

Hollywood Heat has a captive ball you hit into a pop bumper.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

and it's later clone Tee'd Off.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

That's probably the closest to what I was thinking. I need to play that machine again. I have a soft spot in my heart for games from that era. They seems to get a bad rap, but those I've played have been a lot of fun.

#7 4 years ago

Yup, gnr has exactly that

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Guns N Roses?

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the captive ball accessing all the pop bumpers, but the idea is certainly out there in Hollywood Heat and Guns N' Roses.

#9 4 years ago

The captive ball lane in WWE ends at a jet bumper which is the switch that lets the cpu know the shot was made.

#10 4 years ago

Stern Indy has something similar with slings instead of pops.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-feature-captive-balls-into-pop-bumpers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.