IMG_2330.JPG
IMG_2327.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG
P1010361.JPG
P1010360.JPG
P1010359.JPG

#1 13 years ago

I was going to trade my MM and CV last week. I am keeping them. I did go and buy the Family Guy with topper yester day. What a fun and funny pin. Any pinsiders have Family Guy? Any setting that need to be changed?

P1010357.JPGP1010357.JPG P1010358.JPGP1010358.JPG P1010359.JPGP1010359.JPG

#2 13 years ago

pics

P1010360.JPGP1010360.JPG P1010361.JPGP1010361.JPG

#3 13 years ago

Nice grab tatman! I sure the kids are happy now

#4 13 years ago

They like it alot. I am picking up lotr next week. Then i should be set for alittle while. I like the pin to. Lots to do. There is alot of shots.

#5 13 years ago

My first pin was a NIB Family Guy! Mine is running on the factory settings. Be sure and get the Cliffy protector set.

Ill post a few pics of some mods I have done to mine...

Congrats!!!

#6 13 years ago

It does have alot of shots, I like hitting the beer bottle I wish Pat Lawlor would design all the stern games. Sweet on the lotr, thats cool you got to keep mm and cv and got lotr and family.

#7 13 years ago

Originally posted by tatman9999:

"Lots to do. There are a lot of shots ..."

Yep. That's classic Pat Lawlor for you.

#8 13 years ago

Bill2626 What mods are there. I am going to add leds and white rubbers. let see pics of yours. How long have you had your fgy? Is it a keeper ? I played 3 hours last night and could of played 3 more.

#9 13 years ago

Here is a few pics of the mods I mentioned...

I built a bench that Stewie is standing on in front of the mini pinball.

Terry at Pinball Life used to sell a decal set for the mini pinball, I installed it, you will have to see if you can find this decal set.

Notice the evil monkey on top of the Hit Chris Target, as well as the little Stewie and a couple of his favorite toys installed in the mini pinball.

Also notice the very back of the mini pinball, I downloaded pics ans fabricated this back ground.

Of course you will need to order the Quagmire pop bumper cover from Pinball Life.

Please share any ideas you might have!

IMG_2324.JPGIMG_2324.JPG IMG_2326.JPGIMG_2326.JPG IMG_2327.JPGIMG_2327.JPG IMG_2330.JPGIMG_2330.JPG

#10 13 years ago

I haven't added any LED"s yet, I have been busy with restoring my JP. I would never part with it, it was my first machine and my entire family is FG fans. I purchased it NIB about 2 years ago - and we still enjoy the machine very much. We have all played for hours and hours - All our friends gravitate to the FG machine...

I didn't really think about installing white rubber, I like the idea.

#11 13 years ago

I just found what I was looking for... Do you have GameRoom Magazine May 2008? It has a 4 page spread on Family Guy mods. If you don't have or can't find let me know and I will scan and send to you... This article is a must for FG owners..

#12 13 years ago

I just starting getting game room mag. Last year. That would be great if you could scan and email them to me. I am going to mess with LEDs this week.I see the mini pin has LEDs in it already. There is more bounce with white rubbers.

#15 13 years ago

I found stewies mini pinball decals kind of bad. trying to find some that are not this bad.

http://pinballfuel.home.comcast.net/~pinballfuel/stewie_fron2t.jpg

http://pinballfuel.home.comcast.net/~pinballfuel/stewie_side2.jpg

#16 13 years ago

It would be nice to see some pics once you get the LED's in. Ill get the article scanned today...

#17 13 years ago

WOW, $#@*, those would work on my machine, my kids are grown, I'm not sure if you have young ones... I like them!

Ill keep an eye out for the set I have. I wonder if Terry is going to get more? He was selling them for months and months...

#18 13 years ago

Yeah F-Guy's a fun table,

#19 13 years ago

Congrats on another great buy, Tatman!

Myself, I never thought I would, but when I bought Family Guy last year it instantly became one of my fav games! It'll not leave my collection any time soon! Damn damn damn!

Bil2626, really like that bench you made! Any change you got a spare for me?

#20 13 years ago

I don'h have a spare Robin - let me check and see if I have material to make another - its been several months ago that I made it.

#21 13 years ago

I have a Family Guy and LOVE it. The only mod it needs, and I haven't done it yet, it needs something on the Louis ramp on the mini. About half the time you hit the ramp, the ball gets air as it flies off the end of the ramp and bounces behind the flippers. I saw someone fixed a plastic piece near the end of the ramp so that the ball would hit that and just drop instead of fly somewhere frustrating.

Oh, and I'd be very interested in the scans from Game Room magazine!

#22 13 years ago

jalpert if you look real close at the pic of the side of the mini play field I uploaded you will see a blue angle bracket I attached to the side of the playfield (It looks like it is in Brian's hand in the photo) this is the ball stop you are talking about. This ball stop eliminates the problem you mentioned above...

Ill send you a copy in the morning jalpert...

#23 13 years ago

I'm having that exact same problem. Many shots to the lois ramp do not register. Please send me a closeup photo of your solution to that, Bill.very curious how you got rid of that.

I'm also having a problem where the little pinball will sometimes get stuck just above the left flipper (between the left mini pf wall and the screw). It's kind of annoying.

That mini playfield has several issues and that's a shame, the rest of the game is flawless.

#24 13 years ago

Robin I haven’t experienced the second problem you listed, I can’t help with that one. With out being able to look at my playfield at the very moment there must be a way to deal with this. I will check it out when I get home.

The first problem is easy to solve, and let me say I am not the person that penned the solution, so I won’t take credit. I scanned the article as mentioned above and that solution is contained in the article. I can’t post it from work (that’s where I am now) so I sent it to my home and will up load it in the morning. Robin can you help me? Can I upload an Adobe PDF to the site here? Or will I need to e-mail it to you all (anyone that wants it)?

I will send a close up picture of the ball stop as I installed on my machine. It just works great and totally eliminates the problem with the Lois ramp issue.

#25 13 years ago

Here is a few pics...

IMG_2331.JPGIMG_2331.JPG IMG_2332.JPGIMG_2332.JPG IMG_2333.JPGIMG_2333.JPG IMG_2335.JPGIMG_2335.JPG

#26 13 years ago

Here is the information, I can't scan in color, hope you find it useful...

#27 13 years ago

Hey many thanks for that! With that info plus your photos I should be able to make my own fix for this annoyance. Cheers!

#28 13 years ago

The Louis ramp issue is super annoying. Right now I just make it a point to shoot for Louis first, while I have the ball save active.

The thing I like the most about FGY is that when you hit the TV wizard mode, your performance in the other modes factors into your jackpot amount. There is good incentive to play all the games.

#29 13 years ago

Jalpert - thats what I also like about STTNG wizard mode - the more stuff you accomplish during regular play and collect counts towards your points in wizard mode, so much they let you replay modes (if your brave enough) before the final frontier - good stuff

#30 13 years ago

I looked at the pics, and I read through the article, what is the blue piece you are using as a ball stop on the Louis ramp? Also, did you just screw it to the side of the mini's case? It's hard for me to tell.

#31 13 years ago

Yes, A write up on how you made it would be good for the How to section. Looks like you just took a small shelf bracket, painted it and bolted it thru the side of the Mini playfield plastic. I love simple fixes, they usually work the best.

One day I shall play this game. One day.

#32 13 years ago

I made this little bracket out of a piece of sheet metal (you probably could use a small shelf clip) filed it, drilled it, sanded it and finally painted it. I installed a small rubber bumper on the bracket, use can get these at Home Depot, they are used for silencing kitchen cabinets and the like.

I did drill two holes clean through the mini playfield so the bracket would be secure. I did consider using some very thin 3-M double stick tape. I decided to do it the harder way and removed the mini playfield to drill the holes, however once the playfield was out I took advantage to thoroughly clean the playfield and under it. I really doesn’t take much to pull the mini playfield.

Posted by Robin;
I'm also having a problem where the little pinball will sometimes get stuck just above the left flipper (between the left mini pf wall and the screw). It's kind of annoying.

Robin, I looked closely at my playfield about this problem with the ball getting stuck. I do have some ideas about how to correct it. Can you put the mini pinball in the spot that it gets stuck in and post a pic so I can see exactly where it is getting stuck, thanks.

Thanks guys, gook luck...

#33 13 years ago

After thought...

If you are un-easy about the exact placement of the bracket, tape it in place with some tape, play a few games before you commit to drilling the holes.

I will say this, once you install it you will never be removing it, it eliminates the problem!

SealClubber - I hope your day comes soon! Its a great machine!

#34 13 years ago

The only other thing that annoys me about this game is the wait time when you activate the Stewie pinball. I brought up on another forum how we should all e-mail Stern and ask for a firmware update so we can skip the sequence with the double flipper press and the reaction wasn't favorable

Once of the best things about this game are the quotes when you start. Some of them are quick, but some of them are pretty lengthy. Only pinball I know of where a charecter tells you to "kiss the fattest part of his ass" when you start the game.

#35 13 years ago

this game is awesome but the mini flipppers sometimes get sticky on mine i feel like its some kind of quick fix. gonna look under the mini playfield tomorrow

1 year later
#36 11 years ago

HI Guys
I am the one who makes the Stewie Mini Playfield stickers. If you need set just drop me an e-mail.
http://pinballhead.com/stewie-pinball-mini-playfield-stickers-set-family-guy/
[email protected]

Also. another mod you can try. Replacing the Stewie pinball with a smaller one. It makes a huge difference. the ball does not bounce all over the place. I also have several other sticker mods installed on my personal machine that you can check out when I can upload later
Thanks a lot
Joe

#37 11 years ago

I just purchased a set of the mini playfield stickers from Joe. They look fantastic and look like it came from the factory. I highly recommend them for anyone that has FGY.

#38 11 years ago

My game came with the sticker mod. I thought it was standard until I saw a game without it. Insane how they didn't think of it from the factory. Very highly recommended.

Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I am the one who makes the Stewie Mini Playfield stickers.

#39 11 years ago

I changed my 'Mini playfield ending' setting to Sudden Death + Timer. The factory settings has it ending after a drain, but it's way too easy. You can literally keep the ball in play forever. Sudden death adds a nice challenge, forcing you to make every shot count. Also shut the centre post off too, it's cheating

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

The factory settings has it ending after a drain, but it's way too easy.

Agreed....plus there's like a 20-30 second ball save...long.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah, it's no Aztec...

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Yeah, it's no Aztec...

So the truth comes out eh? Damn I LOVE me some Aztec now! Whom knew I could have so much fun on an old game...saw one for sale around me and had to think aboot it for awhile!

I mean Aztec is no Feirenieght 37 (or whatever the actual name is) of course

#43 11 years ago

Nice! When I got back into pinball after a long absence Family Guy is the first one I remember playing and thought it was great!!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The duration of time for the kickback is set during the regular play. You can make it longer by hitting various shots depending on how many times you've already been to Stewie.

Those decals look pretty sweet. I'd snag a pair but I can't decide if I going to keep my FG or trade it . . . tough decision I've been wrestling with the past couple of weeks. I guess I should download the most up to date software (which I've shockingly never done) and make a decision.

1 year later
#45 10 years ago

My family has a new guy topper, side art, and speak leds light.

foto 1 (1).JPGfoto 1 (1).JPG 1381681_549803385074944_470509254_n.jpg1381681_549803385074944_470509254_n.jpg 1209205_543249335730349_1743464353_n.jpg1209205_543249335730349_1743464353_n.jpg foto 4 (1).JPGfoto 4 (1).JPG
#46 10 years ago
Quoted from RicardoMenezes:

Very Nice Ricardo

5 months later
#47 10 years ago
Quoted from RicardoMenezes:

foto 1 (1).JPG 125 KB

1381681_549803385074944_47050925... 62 KB

1209205_543249335730349_17434643... 194 KB

foto 4 (1).JPG 175 KB

Just saw this....where did you get the side panel decals?.....very cool.....

1 month later
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Bill2626:

I don'h have a spare Robin - let me check and see if I have material to make another - its been several months ago that I made it.

Ancient find, I know.....linked by a more current "FG Mod" thread.....any chance you could provide heads up on materials needed or interest in making a Stewie's Bench? Absolutely perfect mod.....belongs on the game....thanks...mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-family-guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.