Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Av2_(1).jpg
    Av1.jpg
    tommy5.jpg
    tommy4.jpg
    tommy3.jpg
    tommy7.jpg
    tommy1.jpg
    tommy.jpg
    Hamster.jpg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Think we're overdue for our own ongoing thread.

Spot any good local deals? Got something for sale or trade? Know a good place for some hot dogs? Post about it here!

MA, RI, CT, ME, NH, VT - let's do this!

If you're from any of those other crappy places in the world - BEAT IT! (Kidding, you can stay)

#2 10 years ago

If you didn't already know about it. Check out neacf.com

#3 10 years ago

Cool, I did not know about neacf, going to register. I'm new to Pinside and have just recently remembered how much I love pinball. I live in West Newton, just outside of Boston. Since I have jumped back into pinball I have found only a few places to play:

Game Undergound in Framingham has 1 machine (super Mario Bros) and if I have the time I head up to Pinball Wizard Arcade in Lowell, but its about an hour away and I can't get up there much. Know of any other places to play some pins in the area??

Would love to get my own machine, but right now my place is way too small.

#4 10 years ago

Cool, Game Underground is right near my work. Not sure I'd make the trip there for a Super Mario Bros though, hah.

Might be looking to unload my freshly shopped Tommy if anyone has trade offers. It's super mint with Cliffy protectors installed on all holes. LEDs throughout.

#5 10 years ago

I have registered twice at neacf.com and haven't ever heard back from them after even a couple weeks. Still can't access. ???

#6 10 years ago

Hi, I'm in Keene, NH. Not much for pins on location over in these parts. If I want to play location stuff I used to go up to Funspot but now I just hop over to Pelham to the Pin Wiz arcade. I didn't know about neacf.com...I'll have to join, thanks. I have a Big Guns that I'm in the middle of shopping that will eventually be for sale. I have a Maverick and Twister that need shopping that I'm considering parting with too. I like them all but I'm out of room!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from rustybomber79:

Cool, I did not know about neacf, going to register. I'm new to Pinside and have just recently remembered how much I love pinball. I live in West Newton, just outside of Boston. Since I have jumped back into pinball I have found only a few places to play:
    Game Undergound in Framingham has 1 machine (Super Mario Bros) and if I have the time I head up to Pinball Wizard Arcade in Lowell, but its about an hour away and I can't get up there much. Know of any other places to play some pins in the area??
    Would love to get my own machine, but right now my place is way too small.

Lanes and Games in Cambridge MA is a great place to play pinball. Its close to the Alewife T stop. They have about 10 or so machines, mostly recent Sterns. All the machines are in fantastic condition. There is usually a friday night monthly tornament get together. The next one will probably be the Metallica launch party.

#8 10 years ago

+1 for Lanes and Games. They stock all the lastest Sterns and have a nice little bar upstairs. I also like Pinball Wizard she has a ton of pins there.

#9 10 years ago

New England rules!!! (except maybe Connecticut)

#10 10 years ago

Nude Hamstah' checking in.
    Hamster.jpgHamster.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Aww VT is in New england To

#12 10 years ago

Vermont is only good for 3 things:

1. Ben & Jerry's
    2. The Alchemist
    3. Guaranteed speeding ticket from some fat sheriff

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

If you're from any of those other crappy places in the world - BEAT IT! (Kidding, you can stay)

Sounds like the exact philosophy and mind set of the "New England Arcade Collectors Forum" ... but at least you were "kidding" ...Right?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Cool, Game Underground is right near my work. Not sure I'd make the trip there for a Super Mario Bros though, hah.

I don't really care for that machine too much either, but its also super close to my work and I will hit it on my lunch break sometimes.

And sorry, I said Lowell, I meant Plaham for Pinball Wizard arcade, Don't want anyone to think there is 2 locations.

Quoted from docquest:

Lanes and Games in Cambridge MA is a great place to play pinball. Its close to the Alewife T stop. They have about 10 or so machines, mostly recent Sterns. All the machines are in fantastic condition. There is usually a friday night monthly tornament get together. The next one will probably be the Metallica launch party.

Cool, I didn't know they had that many, I thought they had like 2 and wasn't sure if it would be worth the trouble, but for 10 I will make that trip.

I actually made the trek to Funspot last weekend, the pins were kind of disappointing, most of them were not in very good conditon. The Adams Family, and Funhouse seemed to work ok, but almost all of the others I played were not working right...... but they are only 1 token, so I can't complain too much. It's a 2 hour trip for me and I will probably not be going back too soon.

#15 10 years ago

and here's the link:

http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

Metallica will be in soon!!!

#16 10 years ago

Metallica is coming boys! Party at L&G's!!!!!!!!!!! Mike, we need a kick ass Metallica launch party!! I am talking wet pinball T-shirt contests and Hooters & Tilted Kilt girls dancing on the Lanes and dancing on the games! Let's party like it's 1992 and The Adams Family pin was just released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok..........I guess it's time for me to take my medication.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from john041160:

Aww VT is in New england To

Oops, forgot Vermont. Added!

Quoted from marlboroman:

Sounds like the exact philosophy and mind set of the "New England Arcade Collectors Forum" ... but at least you were "kidding" ...Right?

Sorta. I mean the idea is to meet and trade with local people... But everyone is welcome.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Metallica is coming boys! Party at L&G's!!!!!!!!!!! Mike, we need a kick ass Metallica launch party!! I am talking wet pinball T-shirt contests and Hooters & Tilted Kilt girls dancing on the Lanes and dancing on the games! Let's party like it's 1992 and The Adams Family pin was just released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok..........I guess it's time for me to take my medication.

Works for me.

#19 10 years ago

You definitely need to get to Pinball Wizard, but for closer to home, Lanes & Games ROCKS!

NH is pretty awesome. We have a drive-in theater too.

#20 10 years ago

Happy weekend New Englanders.

Beer and bowling with the neighbors tonight. Then home for pinball.

Heads up: eabundy has a POTO for sale in CT

#21 10 years ago

Yay NH!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Sorta. I mean the idea is to meet and trade with local people... But everyone is welcome

Well, I'll be in Portland, Maine July 4th weekend and Boston the first week of August. I can offer up for trade: 2 NIB TFLE, 1 NIB HULK LE and 1 NIB AC/DC BIBLE. Looking for a BBB but open to other offers as well.

-Mauro

#23 10 years ago

I 2nd that! REPRESENT!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#24 10 years ago

Hey Rick,

Are you ready to move that Indiana Jones yet?

-Mauro

#25 10 years ago

Got my Tommy up for sale.

Shopped. Stripped down, hardware replaced where needed. New rubbers of course. Plastics are good (One replacement plastic came late that I still need to slap on). Lots of LED (most everything under playfield). 3 piece Cliffy set installed to cover minor wear around holes and protect against any future wear (Included a shop out pic so you can see holes are in pretty great shape). Cab in great shape. Very, very minor wear around flipper buttons.

Let me know if you have questions or trade offers.

Price: $2900

Video:

tommy.jpgtommy.jpg tommy1.jpgtommy1.jpg tommy7.jpgtommy7.jpg tommy3.jpgtommy3.jpg tommy4.jpgtommy4.jpg tommy5.jpgtommy5.jpg

#26 10 years ago

Ugh...one of the few remaining games on my short list....too bad I have nothing to trade

#27 10 years ago

Hey Rascal, when do I get to road test that Tommy before you sell it ?
    Check your pin mail ?

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fixie:

Hey Rascal, when do I get to road test that Tommy before you sell it ?
    Check your pin mail ?

Tomorrow maybe! Gotta double check with my office to make sure they don't need me. Sent you an email.

#29 10 years ago

Hey guys (and girls)..Noob here. Putting my AVLE Blue up for trade.

Has the Tesseract v2 light up mod and Captain America pop caps (still have originals also). Also upgraded flashers to led.

I can supply more pics if anyone is interested...

As a noob i'm pretty much interested in everything but in particular looking for Data East titles (TFTC, POTO, etc..) , along with X-men Pro, JD, JM, and TSPP (plus cash depending on the trade).

Thanks,
    Andy

Av1.jpgAv1.jpg Av2_(1).jpgAv2_(1).jpg

#30 10 years ago

Hi from CT! Just posted a very nice NGG for sale or trade.

#31 10 years ago

Hey from CT. Just saying Hi. Not many places to play in CT. I guess Newtown has a big lineup there for the kids but I am not sure how it works cause it's all set for free I heard. Must raise money through donations at the door. That's the only place I know of.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Krakatoa:

Hey guys (and girls)..Noob here. Putting my AVLE Blue up for trade.
    Has the Tesseract v2 light up mod and Captain America pop caps (still have originals also). Also upgraded flashers to led.
    I can supply more pics if anyone is interested...
    As a noob i'm pretty much interested in everything but in particular looking for Data East titles (TFTC, POTO, etc..) , along with X-men Pro, JD, JM, and TSPP (plus cash depending on the trade).
    Thanks,
    Andy

Cool, I work in Framingham. Good luck with sale / trade. If Tommy is a DE title you like let me know.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

1. Ben & Jerry's
    2. The Alchemist

and maple syrup!

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

Funny, I've never had that problem.

If any of you have registered at NEACF and not been given access, make sure you posted in the Introduce Yourself thread. Tell them you were told about NEACF from this thread. Sometimes the mods get busy and miss someone, but they are usually pretty quick about approving members.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Got my Tommy up for sale.
    Shopped. Stripped down, hardware replaced where needed. New rubbers of course. Plastics are good (One replacement plastic came late that I still need to slap on). Lots of LED (most everything under playfield). 3 piece Cliffy set installed to cover minor wear around holes and protect against any future wear (Included a shop out pic so you can see holes are in pretty great shape). Cab in great shape. Very, very minor wear around flipper buttons.
    Let me know if you have questions or trade offers.
    Price: $2900
    Video:
    » YouTube video

Tommy is trade pending.

#36 10 years ago

It's starting to look like we might need a King Philip/Triboro pin group.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

1. Ben & Jerry's
    2. The Alchemist

While Heady Topper is excellent, obviously you haven't tried Lawson's Finest Liquids.

(...and I wouldn't turn down most Long Trail or Magic Hat...)

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

It's starting to look like we might need a King Philip/Triboro pin group.

Count me in ?

#39 10 years ago

Where's the "crazy enough to live next to Boston and have pins" crew?! Represent! Here's to high cost of living and small spaces.

#40 10 years ago

I'm from New England I think.
    :: looks around ::
    Yeah, seems like it.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from riggy469:

If any of you have registered at NEACF and not been given access, make sure you posted in the Introduce Yourself thread. Tell them you were told about NEACF from this thread. Sometimes the mods get busy and miss someone, but they are usually pretty quick about approving members.

I was booted out from that forum by mods and members! ... Reason: I'm not from "New England"

-Mauro

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

I was booted out from that forum by mods and members! ... Reason: I'm not from "New England"

That sucks! You guys border NE and that should be good enough. Didn't know NEACF was so Xenophobic.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

That sucks! You guys border NE and that should be good enough. Didn't know NEACF was so Xenophobic.

You can't be booted out if you were never in. It's a small and local New England group that doesn't want to be big. Xenophobia has nothing to do with it. NEACF stands for New England arcade collectors forum. It's just a New England group, that's all.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

You can't be booted out if you were never in.

Are you questioning me? Here you go have a look for yourself. http://neacf.com/mb/index.php?topic=4451.0

If the link doesn't work do a search on Marlboroman.

Its too bad because I know many pinheads in New England and Montreal is closer then certain other State to States. It would have been nice to meet other pinheads less then 5 hours away from my home and possibly make deals with... Oh well

Example: I believe I ended up with your old Scared Stiff from Rick in New Hampshire ( not sure)

-Mauro

#45 10 years ago

I'm a long time NEACF member, as well as a mod there... I don't want to be a PIA, but QC isn't in the USA let alone New England. As was stated, NEACF/NEPF is for New England. New York people arn't even let in unless a well known member has met the person and can vouch for them.

All that aside, this isn't NEACF- it's pinside! So who cares!

#46 10 years ago

Marlboro is in Mass? That didn't count?

#47 10 years ago

Nah, there's a rowdy hoodlum doctor that lives around that area... so that section of the state is off the map

#48 10 years ago

LOL Dr Dave.... I was at his place last week. Nice stuff. He does good surgery.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nightstick:

Hey from CT. Just saying Hi. Not many places to play in CT. I guess Newtown has a big lineup there for the kids but I am not sure how it works cause it's all set for free I heard. Must raise money through donations at the door. That's the only place I know of.

Was just there tonight working on some of the games for thr owner. Up to 15 now and we've made a nice acquisition to add to the lineup that will be here next week.

Arcade is free to kids of newtown. Everyone else is welcome for a 5 dollar entry fee. All games are on freeplay. Every donation counts and is all that keeps the doors open. No one is making any money with this arcade. Definetly support it to keep a place to play pins alive in a CT. Check Facebook for their hours.

We also are starting the CT division of the New England Pinball League there in a couple of weeks. I will post the league info up in a minute for everyone. If you live in New England you should join! Hope to meet some more of you CT people there soon. It's going to be a good time. Let's represent CT strong with big numbers

-Jim

#50 10 years ago

League info:

Ready to play some more league pinball, well lets start this up again.

We are now up to 4 states in the mix now, below are the locations and the starting dates for each.

Maine (JR's & Coast City Comics) - Thursday 6-6-13 @ JR's 7:30pm
    New Hampshire (Pinball Wizard Arcade) - Monday 6-3-13 7:30pm
    Massachusetts (Lanes & Games Arcade) - Wednesday 6-5-13 7:30pm
    and the newest location
    Connecticut (Sandy Hook Arcade Center) Tuesday 6-4-13 8pm

This will be an 8 week session, and the cost will be $30. $20 goes towards the prize pool, and the other $10 goes towards the finals party (food, etc.)

Payment is due no later than the 2nd meetup. This means you can try it out the first night, and if you don't like it, you are not out anything. (but I'm pretty sure you'll like it).

The finals will be held at Lanes & Games (date still undecided either 8-3-13 or 8-24-13)

There are players of all levels, and your groupings on a weekly basis are randomized.

Each week works something like this. The on site organizer will take note of people who arrive (please be there at least 10-15 minutes early, so it can start on time). Once it starts you will most likely will not be able to join in.

Next the organizer will make groups, and the order people will play in (groups of 3 or 4 people). Once the groups are set you go off and play. Each person in a 4 player group picks a game ( in a 3 player group player 1 picks 1st & 4th game).

You all play the game (extra balls are not played - just plunged). At the end of the game you document all the scores. In a 4 player match up the highest score gets a 5, 2nd scores a 3, 3rd scores a 2, and last scores a 1. (In a 3 player grouping its 5,3,1).

You continue until you play all 4 games. Tally up your sheet, and give it to the site organizer.

The organizer will then submit the scores to Bowen, who will post it up to the website ( www.tinyurl.com/nepinball )

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-england-pinsiders-represent-regional-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.