(Topic ID: 177959)

ROBO-FRENZY - A New EM Arcade Game!

By bingopodcast

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (1) (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    dev.jpg
    player1.jpg
    title.jpg
    robo.gif
    US2945624.pdf (PDF preview)
    holding pawl  asembly v3 (resized).png
    holding pawl bushing v65 (resized).png
    holding pawl 1 v22 (resized).png
    holding pawl bushing v6 (resized).png
    US2532205.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2806701.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2599903.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2618719.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2707637.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Hmm. Not much progress tonight. Drew up a rough rivet drawing to try to figure out current spider positions and how my circuit design will work. Short answer is that I don't think it will?
    I am thinking about ways to make it work.
    My current thought is a third relay bank. But I have another issue.
    I'm using a modified Bally timer unit. It's an 8 step unit with the modern spider connection (ruggedized). Well, it gets all tangled when I swap in a 40 point gear (duh!). I should be able to remove the cladding and wiring to stepper fingers.
    I'm going to think on this for a day or two. I have nother thought that would require another motor... But I don't really like that idea.
    The relay bank would allow me to trip, trip, trip, trip pause reset.
    Lamps are no big deal, but the way the hit detection works will create an issue without the relay bank.
    Kind of a major redesign. This thing is going to be in a gun game cab before I'm done. Haha!
    My idea for the motor is really really neat, but I don't think I want that complexity.
    Hopefully that makes some kinda sense. Stream of consciousness off.

I agree with this new stream of conscience...adding one more unit does not necessarily warrant your worry of it getting out of control. I think you're just understandably a little reluctant to give up the grand idea of One Unit To Rule Them All...as it were. LOL. The design of that stepper may actually limit you later on, whereas adding another relay bank or stepper or whatever may conversely open new avenues as your design evolves.

A challenging and fun project! ) I got too many EM pinballs to restore, so I have to live vicariously off your imaginative projects...keep it up Bingo Guy/Guru!! ;o)

Sean

7 months later
    #139 5 years ago

That's for keeping the post up to date Nick! Silently(mostly) following...

Sean

#146 5 years ago

Yay!! There's my relay bank!! Proud papa...lol

Text me with the specs of the WLMS relays you end up needing...I got shittons of those it seems, and very little need for them. Especially the 70s style...

Sean

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-em-arcade-game?tu=stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.