(Topic ID: 177959)

ROBO-FRENZY - A New EM Arcade Game!

By bingopodcast

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (1) (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    dev.jpg
    player1.jpg
    title.jpg
    robo.gif
    US2945624.pdf (PDF preview)
    holding pawl  asembly v3 (resized).png
    holding pawl bushing v65 (resized).png
    holding pawl 1 v22 (resized).png
    holding pawl bushing v6 (resized).png
    US2532205.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2806701.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2599903.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2618719.pdf (PDF preview)
    US2707637.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imake50spinparts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 4 years ago

what you are doing is great it is to bad that they don't make em game parts anymore. I have a CNC plasma cutter so I'm trying to make my own parts (relays. relay banks. stepper units score reels score motors) and many more parts from scratch.

4 months later
    #242 4 years ago

this old technology is really cool. attached here is a pdf of the 1950s score reel patent so make sure you download it. I hope to be able to make them again
    someday. I have been trying to model the design in a cad program and here it is the frame part. here is what it will kind of look like when it is finished

I. am also trying to design new electro-mechanical game using the parts I am designing

US2779200.pdfUS2779200.pdfscore reel frame 1 v21.pngscore reel frame 1 v21.pngcomplete score reel asembled v18.pngcomplete score reel asembled v18.png
    #245 4 years ago

Thank's mark. I really think the electro-mechanical games are a lot more fun than today's solid state games and that they should still make them today

I seem to have good patent interpretation skills this even works with old parts catalogs I'm also good at cad design so. I am trying to bring these good old parts back into production. I'm have been designing a new electro- mechanical game and I do not feel it is right to rob these old parts off games to make this one so I have decided to make my own parts from scratch

attached here are some other united mfg patents you might want

US2532205.pdfUS2532205.pdfUS2599903.pdfUS2599903.pdfUS2618719.pdfUS2618719.pdfUS2707637.pdfUS2707637.pdfUS2806701.pdfUS2806701.pdf
    #246 4 years ago

here it my attempt to copy Durant's score reel design: this is the pawl that keeps the ratchet from turning backwards when the unit steps up

pic#1 is the bushing not yet crimped without pawl pic#2 pawl without bushing pic#3 bushing with pawl but not yet crimped.

pic#4 finished pawl crimped on to bushing

holding pawl bushing v6 (resized).pngholding pawl bushing v6 (resized).pngholding pawl 1 v22 (resized).pngholding pawl 1 v22 (resized).pngholding pawl bushing v65 (resized).pngholding pawl bushing v65 (resized).pngholding pawl  asembly v3 (resized).pngholding pawl asembly v3 (resized).png
    2 months later
    #248 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

That red score reel looks very similar to the Keeney Poker Face pin I'm working on right now... do you know how I could confirm if in fact Keeney used Durant's design for their pin or bowler score reels? Only difference I can see is that my Keeney game score reels are green with white text and they're plastic, not metal.

keeny did use Durant's score reel design for their 1952 domino bowler. keeny did not make their own score reels at first they used united's cardboard reels an then switched to Ballys plastic score reels in the late 1950s

here is the patent for your reels

US2945624.pdfUS2945624.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imake50spinparts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-em-arcade-game?tu=imake50spinparts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.