Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#770 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

If it's a standard machine and not a can crusher/Dominos/Juicy Melons type machine, I don't see how I could resist buying one

Same here, I'd definitely be in for one if that's the case!

#771 7 years ago

How awesome would it be if you beat the final wizard mode if she pops up on the LED screen and flashes you?

#787 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Be careful what you wish for.

Thanks for ruining everyone's night o-din!

#790 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, that dude looks nothing like this lady.

That's one of the most awesome pics I've ever seen!

#892 7 years ago

Take my money NOW dammit!! Do you hear me Gary???

#921 7 years ago

I have a feeling that this game is going to be EPIC!

#925 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

woo Hoo!....now 6 - 8 months of expectations...and rumors...and bullshit.
    How about show a product when you have done the work.

Because hype and rumors are fun and it makes companies $$$. Hype is a good thing imo.

#926 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I know right. .....it will be like g.o.t with the super high expectations and rumours and then they release the pics and info ........then we have a bunch of unhappy pinsiders that expected way to much out of stern ......

GOT was a letdown? I think GOT is bad ass and it sold pretty well if I'm not mistaken?

#928 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Mark Ritchie is doing Pulp Fiction.

Who cares about Pulp Fiction iceman, just get your checkbook out for Elvira bro!

#932 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm liking the idea of it That theme intrigues me with an LCD.
    Star Wars will have 4 magnets that transport the ball at warp speed from bottom to top. Based on 4/5/6 trilogy

Two words iceman......Dream Theme!

#933 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Go back and look at some of the older threads .... people had really really high expectations and then were really let down once pics and gameplay were released. It was a crazy rollercoaster with lots of folks...

I know a lot of people may not have liked the artwork much but honestly it's not that bad in person and the game itself is phenomenal.

#936 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats all great ... im just saying that the last time people were expecting something super super awesome and had high expectations , they seemed to very underwhelmed once details were released. Unfortunately thats just pinside for the most part lol. I know better to get super high hopes bc not much of anything meets ones expectations.
    Its wasnt just g.o.t thats just one that stuck out to me that was a similar situation .

That can definitely happen but man I sure hope it doesn't with this game here. You also don't have to go back as far as GOT to find a pin that really underwhelmed people. I'm not even going to mention the game because I don't want to get anyone fired up lol. I'm sure that you can figure it out.

#945 7 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I Just would prefer JJP built this one then Stern.

Oh sure, id much rather have to pay 10k-12k instead of 5-7k and it take 3 years to get built instead of 6 months. What a great F'ing idea!!

#951 7 years ago

Standard JPP game is around 8000$. To get the whole gameplay package with Stern this is Premium over 8500$.
    And Stern playfield quality is way crappy.
    So I like fucking idea.

So because Stern had some playfield issues that means that their playfields are going to be forever bad I guess right? JJP has had some playfield issues as well, remember? I also think DI is 9k isnt it? A Stern pro is almost 4k cheaper than that.

#953 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nah, I'd rather go with a bieber or a lady gaga pin... or maybe vampire diaries! What do you think?

Heck yeah, or maybe even Miley Cyrus! Woo Hoo

#955 7 years ago

Stern gets playfield issues since several games. Got dimples on my GoT, GB, x-men, TWD, and it goes on with B66.
    Stern knows their playfields are crappy before production but they build them. I hope Aerosmith will be without any issue. Nobody should buy a 6k pin with that kind of issue.
    here, standard Dialed in is 8350€ and Batman Premium is 9100€. (GB Premium is 8590€)

Not worth arguing about and I dont want to derail this awesome thread. Go buy a new JJP game if that makes you happy.

#980 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Really!?! Ask extremepinball how many more Sterns he can't wait to route. If you get a good one, great, if not you are fucked.

Tacshose your constant Stern bashing posts are really starting to get old dude. Nobody really cares what you have to say. People on this forum are grown men and if they want to buy a New Stern your ignorant comments aren't going to stop them from doing so. Now go ahead and give this post here a downvote also ok? You just love chasing me around the forums like a little girl downvoting every post that I make so you may as well downvote this one also. You are one weird dude and you need to get a life for real.

2 months later
    #1101 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

With the LCD in play I think a cartoon type look like AS has would be awesome. Do people prefer that look or original show clips.

I think the LCD should be AS type animations, but if you can beat the wizard mode a real life video of Elvira pops up there and flashes you! (o)(o)

1 month later
    #1106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

I think this is spot on. We might hear something around christmas.
    It would be great to hear some details etc but i doubt it.

I would say you are probably right, but wouldn't it be perfect to release it around Halloween, which is only about 3 months away? Hmm.....

#1109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

This would be a good idea on Sterns behalf.
    If this were the case i definitely need to get my savings into gear!

Same here because Elvira is definitely a must buy for me and my next pin unless they screw it up badly. This game really needs to be special. If it is they are going to sell a bunch of them!

#1110 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Ummm ... that would require marketing savvy. This is Stern we are talking about.

I know I know, but lets pretend everything is going to go perfect!

#1120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I have Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff. One being a system 11 and pretty loaded playfield for thar era. The other a wpc95 which is also loaded with fun stuff. I'm very scared that Stern will create another Zizzle and the Elvira series will come crashing down. Come on Stern, up your game. Let's do this.

Stern has been putting out awesome games. I say keep doing what they are doing. Maybe up their game on some really cool playfield toys for this one because it needs to have awesome toys.

#1124 6 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

Based on how they treated Star Wars I'm setting my expectations very low. Also pretty sure Zombi Yetti is working on the rumored Slayer pin. Which is a bummer because He's my fav artist at the moment. I would have loved to see what he'd had done with Elvira.
    Hope its going to be good, but they burned me bad on Star wars. I'm skeptical.

How did you get burned? I think SW is pretty damn cool myself, but if you don't like it just keep your money and pass on it and wait and see what comes out next. Not a big deal really. If I was a SW fan though I'd buy one for sure.

1 week later
    #1144 6 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

I am a Star Wars fan, and was 100% planning to buy one. I was VERY excited to throw money at them and get a Star Wars pin. Then the reveal came, and I was devastatingly underwhelmed. If you sat me down the day before, and had me make a list of all the things I wanted to see in a star wars pin, Stern would have not gotten a single thing right on my list.
    last week I got to actually see the pin in person at San Diego Comic Con and play it quite a bit. And while some things I realized I was overly harsh on (like the art package) weren't AS BAD as I thought.... The game is still a stripped-down budget machine with no special features and a higher than ever price tag. It's also boring to boot, has major code problems, and the scoop eject is really problematic.
    aaaaanyway... I am cautiously optimistic about an Elvira machine. and in preporation to my Joy/disapointment, heres my bullet point list of wants and don't wants:
    WANT!
    - Original hand drawn artwork on the playfield. (NOT photoshopped paint-overs from her movies, like star wars did...)
    - Original hand drawn backglass art (real backglass would be nice, but honestly, as long as its not a photo, or paint over)
    - TONS of callbacks from Elvira being hilariously inappropriate.
    - At least a few spooky sculpted plastic art features on the playfield, or large feature like the snake ramp in SS, or skull mouth on party monsters. Stern has been using fewer and fewer I have noticed. Weird in the age of 3D printing...
    - A few different multi-ball modes.
    - Scripted 'moments' like "the stiff in the coffin" or "Monster multiball" from scared stiff. Something that pauses and adds a little narrative to the game, rewards you for accomplishing something. (Star Wars has NONE of this)
    - Wizard mode in the code day 1. (star Wars will just go black and stop working if you beat all the modes right now)
    - Same mini LCD screen Star Wars has But framed to look like Elviras TV set. (That screen is actually cool to have, one of SW's only good features)
    - Would nice to see a return of the Deadheads, and the Frogs.
    DO NOT WANT!!
    - Bad flash animation on the big LCD like Aerosmith has. They look like a Metallocalipse cover band, and that Font is re-used from Austin Powers... So bad...
    - Any photos in the art package, and painted over photos in the art package...
    - Incredibly bright flashers and strobes designed to blind you (I'm looking at you 'Walking Dead'.... er... trying to.)
    - the theme to try and be 'updated' for a hip young crowd. Art looking like stylized 'Bratz' artwork, crap like that.
    - another Ghostbusters sized flipper Gap. (unless it also includes a center post)
    - A scoop on the left or right that shoots the ball to the opposite side's flipper.
    as for price, if they do an even average job with this machine I will drop huge cash on it. If they pull a Star wars and hit almost nothing on that want list? screw it. I'll just buy a Scared Stiff instead.

I agree with everything you said except the AS animations. Great list you put together though and I hope someone from Stern sees your post!

#1145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I love the Elvira series. But there are two reasons I'm not getting Elvira 3.
    1. Stern
    The other is I want my pinballs to have:

How about clear coat chipping off the playfields, are you ok with that?

2 years later
    #1178 4 years ago

That artwork is horrendous. I hope it looks better in person.

#1182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I like the artwork....I think it lines up well with the 2 previous Elvira's

The LE with her on the side of the cab isn't too bad but I don't like the Premium at all. Looks like the big castle on the playfield could be very cool though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.