Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#807 7 years ago

Arrgghhh I hate the title of this thread. Just saw it and got all excited, check the thread and it's not actually about a new Elvira pin being announced Maybe change the exclamation in the thread title with a question mark?

#893 7 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Video I shot of announcement
    » YouTube video

Boom, and there it is! This will be my first nib pin Thanks for that link.

#949 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

jetsons
    oldvira
    alice cooper
    aerosmith
    bm66
    i am glad pinball is keeping up with the times. is everybody into pinball of retirement age?

It's unlikely that the people who can afford pinball machines are in the 21 year old range. It's just numbers man, you target those who have disposable income, which is far more likely to be the case with those that are older. Hit them additionally with a dose of nostalgia and you have a sale.

#965 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I'm kinda new to pinball so maybe I just don't get how it works. As far as I can tell this is what happened.
    - Elvira herself was brought in (CP that is)
    - and the designers of the first 2 Elvira pins
    - and they showed all kinds of cool details about the first two and their artwork
    - then they said "there is a new Elvira pinball machine coming"
    - the end?
    There are no pictures of it at all. No drawing, no concept, no artwork, no nothing.
    There is no information about how it will work, what tech it will have, etc.
    There is no indication of when it is coming. Next month? Next year? 10 years?
    There is no indication of the pricing.
    There is no other news about it anywhere, such as Stern website (that I can see)
    I'm confused. Seems strange to me. Unless I am missing something. Or maybe that's just the way it works.

Other industries do this all the time. Check the video game industry, hardware and sometimes software is teased or leaked a year in advance to build hype and gauge interest. The car industry does it as well, nothing unusual here. If anything it does show how important theme is to pinball.

2 weeks later
    #1011 7 years ago
    Quoted from DonnyC:

Down payment ready!

Ditto, but seems like it won't be coming this year from what others here have said

Quoted from Rondogg:

Just my 2 cents. After all the sub par releases, playfield issues, cabinet issues and incomplete code, Stern still has the ability to overcharge for a completely unproven title that has already been done (twice). Once again people are falling for the hype and lining up to pay retail NIB prices and Stern has zero reason to change their business model.

Thing is the hate for Stern on pinside is so out of control that I don't take it seriously anymore, especially since I've played the same games people regularly crap on here and they work and play fine, people love them. It's only when I come here that the sky is always falling. It's like anything else, when there is so much concentrated hate against one individual or entity I tend to get suspicious and not believe it. So to each their own, I'm buying Elvira 3.

1 month later
    #1041 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Now, now guys. Let's keep this thread related to the princess of darkness Elvira. I don't know about the rest of the people but I'm getting sick of seeing new post show up and start hoping for a morsel of information and it just a few people bickering. Come on with some damn news!!!!!!!

Yup same here but unfortunately seems like most threads have people constantly bitching about price over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

If the mods are not going to delete these posts that do nothing but add thread bloat, can we maybe make a new Elvira 3 thread that is only actually about the damn game? Or would that simply be impossible and having to weed through non topic posts is just the new pinside norm?

Seriously, I just want to know more info about the new Elvira pinball machine as the thread title implies.

#1082 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

What is everyone hoping for out of this game? I'm kind of torn. I'd love a completely fresh take, but at the same time I wouldn't hate kind of an all star version of the previous 2 games.

For me theme is the most important part of a pin which is why I love the Elvira pins, I have both and have no intention of ever selling either. But what really helps make it easy to keep both, in my opinion, is that Scared Stiff and Party Monsters play so completely different that they can both sit comfortable side by side. So for the third Elvira pin my main hope is that they differentiate it from the first two Elvira pins. I'm sure it'll be different than Party Monsters, but I'm hoping its also somehow far different from Scared stiff. Aside from the large lcd being a differentiator, I wouldn't mind new toys like the magna slings being used since that will make it play different than the past two. Maybe a split level playfield, a ball launch like on the new Aerosmith, a video mode like on the new Star Wars, i dunno, just thinking aloud. Ideally I'd love it if I could have all three side by side and they all play different. My main fear is that they will botch the art package, that's such a huge part of it for me but I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.

1 month later
    #1114 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

When first confirmed, an Elvira LE was a "must buy" for me. But continuing problems with code and build quality on recent titles, as well as the stunning cash grab on Batman and Star Wars LEs have caused me to reconsider. It may make more sense to skip the LE, skip the initial order all together and just wait and see how Elvira 3 plays out before buying. E3 should be a good seller, but a stripped down Elvira isn't going to do it for me ...

Excellent idea, everyone needs to follow this! That way it will make it easier for me to get an LE I wonder though if they will ever try an SLE again or of that was a one off test case.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game?tu=reality_studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.