Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#774 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

How many downvotes will you get? Let's count...

I'll start things off with one. Besides, those tits have been heavily moded to counteract gravity.

#986 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are you complaining about that?
    The wheels are in motion, and this was an early hype sesh. Sam Jones from Flash Gordon was there and he didn't even get to announce a new game!
    When pinball companies rush with the details is when they get in trouble. Why present some half-ass sketch or concept details when you have no idea of your exact timeline just to get the haters in the peanut gallery a head start? Really don't understand the complaints here. This is a Stern project and they don't announce things that don't happen so just sit tight bro.

I agree completely. Everyone at the show was dying for the announcement to happen and what better time when all 3 of them were on stage. It sounded like it will be after Steve's next game so it could be at least 6 months before we see much. That's fine by me as it give's Whizbang time to get everything perfect. Dennis claimed it is going to have several brand new things and he's proven he can make any type of layout that you could think up. I know I'll be passing on SW and waiting out Elvira 3 with my pin money.

This has a chance to be a great year for pinball. AFMr is coming and priced to sell, DI will start shipping in a few months, AP with Houdini looks to be the real deal with a pile of money to back them, new stern games in progress from Steve, both John's, and Nordman. Then you have Alien which looks like it might be starting to pick up speed, Spooky #3 with Ben already working on #4, and I won't mention Dutch and they suck balls right now and don't deserve to be mentioned with companies that actually deliver games. There will be the most competition for pin money ever this year so why not announce it and let people know it's coming.

#993 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

We wish. The line would be longer than the alien and Houdini lines combined.

The line for Elvira was already longer then probably all of the pins at the show combined.

2 months later
    #1019 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to this game. From what little rumors I've heard it's still a ways off though. Glad to see another Nordman game coming out.

Quoted from Sinestro:

My GB is like a rock, thank you very much!

Your stern defense is as solid as a rock, I'll give you that.

#1024 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Any particular reason you just downvoted my post? Are you claiming Stern Premiums are $8,500?

Down voted it because you also had the wrong price but somehow needed to justify that the other person is still wrong. Are you still claiming they are $6700?

#1026 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern is still selling Premiums for that price. Some of their newer ones are over 7K now, but nowhere near the $8,500 claim.

Ohhh noooo, why did you down vote my last post?????????

The last 3 releases were $7800, 7100, and now 7300 best street price. Sure you can get a GB for $6800, but the guy seemed to be talking about the latest release price. For BM66 his $8500 is closer then your $6700. You both were wrong, it's not a big freaking deal.

#1054 6 years ago

What is everyone hoping for out of this game? I'm kind of torn. I'd love a completely fresh take, but at the same time I wouldn't hate kind of an all star version of the previous 2 games.

#1057 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping for something with enough depth that it's worth keeping. I loved owning EATPM and Scared Stiff, two of my all time favorites, but I'm not running a museum, games gotta earn their keep with gameplay. EATPM is a System 11, pass for being simple, but Scared Stiff just got old. When you're hitting the wizard mode twice in one game and you're not that amazing of a player it's an issue, especially when there's really no way to approach it differently.
    And no, I never got Spider Multiball. I never really tried, shooting the scoop and trying to time the spider spin isn't compelling enough to do over and over.
    If I had room I'd have kept them both, but when it came time to be ruthless about space both ended up leaving.
    They're arcade era games, it's not a knock on them, but for the money if you're not catering to the home collector now I'm not a buyer.

I think deeper code these days is just a given. Hopefully they can do some creative new things with it. It hasn't been announced who would be on the code yet has it?

#1059 6 years ago

With the LCD in play I think a cartoon type look like AS has would be awesome. Do people prefer that look or original show clips.

#1087 6 years ago

How did this turn into JJP vs stern?

Why can't some of you people just like pinball and be happy that you have options. The JJP people are every bit as annoying as the stern lovers. There's about 5 people on each side that turn every thread into this.

#1094 6 years ago

If it truly is Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, and Lyman this really could be incredible. I'm not looking forward to what stern is going to think it's worth, but that is one group of epic pinball people. I love Ritchie and Borg, but Dennis is by far my favorite designer, so creative and different with each game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.