Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 9 years ago

If Cassandra is involved, I will buy a new Elvira machine. If Dennis is the designer, I will preorder an LE as soon as a distributor will take my deposit.

Pinball is about nostalgia for many - a new Elvira themed would be just as relevant to the hobby as MMR or WOZ or AMH or TBL.

2 months later
    #630 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

You remember mine? EATME (Elvira And The Monster Entourage)

If there is ever another Elvira game, this HAS to be the name ...

#633 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

This game must be made and Dennis nordman must design this.
    Spooky pinball must produce this and I must own this.

Agree 100%.

But I don't think it will happen.

2 years later
    #924 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

woo Hoo!....now 6 - 8 months of expectations...and rumors...and bullshit.
    How about show a product when you have done the work.

Some of us who have to make room for the game appreciate the heads up.

I'm in as long as the game looks fun and the playfield production issues have been fixed. If I get the game in 2018, that's fine. Gives me time to find a buyer for Haunted House.

IMG_6500 (resized).JPGIMG_6500 (resized).JPG

#988 7 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

is this going to be another "whoa nellie" style game? or is that still unknown?

No, not a Nellie retheme.

2 months later
    #1100 6 years ago

I want the game to have enough nods to the first two both in camp and gameplay (maybe the left lock shot?). It absolutely has to have some crazy loopy dippy ramps, boobs, double entendres, cartoony art. It needs to look like it fits with the other two but it needs to be a much deeper game and make great use of video assets. It needs a lot of Cassandra custom voice work.

Stern needs to let Greg and Dennis alone and not hamper them with "here are the toys you can do (or can't)". I'd love to see the toy chest from Areosmith repurposed - using the ball launch into a crate/coffin would be awesome.

If Lyman is indeed doing software - wow! That's an unexpected bonus.

1 month later
    #1104 6 years ago

More likely first release next year. Maybe announced this year, but not shipped.

#1108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would say you are probably right, but wouldn't it be perfect to release it around Halloween, which is only about 3 months away? Hmm.....

Ummm ... that would require marketing savvy. This is Stern we are talking about.

#1111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here because Elvira is definitely a must buy for me and my next pin unless they screw it up badly. This game really needs to be special. If it is they are going to sell a bunch of them!

When first confirmed, an Elvira LE was a "must buy" for me. But continuing problems with code and build quality on recent titles, as well as the stunning cash grab on Batman and Star Wars LEs have caused me to reconsider.

It may make more sense to skip the LE, skip the initial order all together and just wait and see how Elvira 3 plays out before buying. E3 should be a good seller, but a stripped down Elvira isn't going to do it for me ...

#1113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Elvira....and stripped down.......that would do it for plenty of others

I had to put a double entendre in an Elvira thread ...

#1115 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Excellent idea, everyone needs to follow this! That way it will make it easier for me to get an LE I wonder though if they will ever try an SLE again or of that was a one off test case.

I said it may make more sense to skip the LE. That doesn't mean I'm smart enough to take my own advice.

#1125 6 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

Based on how they treated Star Wars I'm setting my expectations very low.

Ditto. However, I'm hoping that Dennis (and Greg) are designing the game and Stern is just manufacturing it. I want to see what Dennis, Greg and Cassandra want - not what Stern thinks they should do.

Elvira 3 is money in the bank for Stern from me. Unless they manage to screw it up.

#1129 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

So if its a whiz bang design do you think Dennis amd Greg will be just design one version or will it follow the pro, premium, LE model Stern likes?

My guess is that they do two versions - a "Premium" and an LE, where the LE is additional bling, not playfield features. Maybe a special base (coffin?) like on Nellie and a real backglass.

I don't think we will see a typical Stern Pro/Premium/LE model and that it will be more like Batman where there is no Pro, partly because I see Elvira being more of a niche/collector title than a game that will be a huge route title.

#1131 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I have a spot I would definitely route a pro, I don't think I'd route a premium, not at $7k+ anyway. I hope they do a pro, not having a pro may keep me from picking this one up.

I have absolutely no inside info on this one, so my comment was strictly a guess.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.