Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Elvira's Haunted House.

Zombies, ghosts, bats, etc. Make your way through the house (similar to TAF) with Elvira leading the way and guiding you...

I don't come on here for a couple days and all kinds of good stuff is poppin. BTW Robert, that idea you have would be the ideal way (IMHO) to use the Elvira theme on a pin. If a third Elvira pin happens, it is a mortal lock that I will buy this pin. My first NIB, NICE!!!!!!

#162 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'm speaking for Honch too....

Absolutely. You know I'm all geeked up for this pin. I've been going on about it for a couple years now and it sounds like the pinball gods are listening. I should also add, I'd be willing to go 8k+ on this pin if it happens. That's where I'd be comfortable as far as price is concerned.

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Then how the hell are the Predator boyz doin' it for $4750 (250 machines) []

Good point. It's obviously doable.

#191 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am in the group of people who honestly would be embarassed to have a SS in my collection at this point. I'm 35 years old, do I need to be afraid my mom might come over and start playing it and I'm in the room while Elvira's moaning away "I'm having multiple Jackpots" or whatever other juvenile crap that might come from the pin. "Riiiiide the bony beast...". I mean seriously.

First off, pinball might not be right for you. They are games, of course they are juvenile, that's the point,that's also why they were located in these things called arcades. It's supposed to be an escape from the everyday grind of life. Second, any pin and I mean ANY pin gets repetitive. And I highly doubt that any owners are busting out laughing over the audio after playing the game several times. Lastly, what kind of grown man is worried about what his mommy is gonna think of a GAME in HIS own home. Save the money you might spend on your next pin and go buy yourself a sense of humor.

#197 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It makes more than a few asinine assumptions about me.

Assumptions Huh? You mean like the assumption you made that anyone that owns a SS is juvenile. If there was anything asinine about any part of our exchange, it is clearly coming from your end. You stay Awesome.

#198 11 years ago

Ted, do you know where I can get a poster like that?

#204 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am not making a pronouncement on the maturity of the owners, it is just clear we have a different outlook on life. To me, it is not a classy pin. To each, his or her own.

I get it, you don't like it. It's okay, you don't have to.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I guess it must take a bigger man to slavishy bow down to cheap boob and dick jokes, than it does to question why I would want that taking up space in my house.

Way to serious, chief. Remember, it is only a game.

#207 11 years ago

I understand where you're coming from, but generally speaking, pinball is not really highbrow. That being said, some of the artwork in pinball (IMHO) could grace the walls of a Victorian mansion and not look out of place. That is, if it were on canvas and tastefully framed and matted.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have Big Dick. Its sex, but it ain't sexy.

On this point, we agree. It's shock, just for the sake of it with no real theme.

#209 11 years ago

Excellent! Thanks, That would definitely be one for the game room.

#212 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah,,,I was gonna put a Deadly Spawn monster in there someplace.

I want one of those too!!

2 weeks later
    #234 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Have you seen her latest movie Elvira's haunted Hills ?

I have and I much prefer "Mistress of the Dark". Actually, I don't even think it's close.

#239 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

got Spider Multiball the other day for the first time...WOW!

Pretty impressive, Neil. I've had my "Stiff" for three years now (maybe I should see a DR.) and still can't do it. it's the first game I have ever owned, where I couldn't finish every mode.

#241 11 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Would work great with an lcd backglass.

I was thinking about this the other day. As much as I want to see a modern version of an Elvira pin, I think I'd still prefer some classic artwork by Greg Freres, on a traditional BG. I think a color DMD or a small LCD would be preferable. As far as the rest of the pin goes, state of the art, all the way.

#246 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The only problem I have with an Elvira theme is the potentially racy artwork.

I'm surprised how often I've heard guys say this. Honestly, I've had kids(under 12) play my SS and I don't think they have ever picked up on any of the innuendo's of the game. Not to mention, my Wife enjoys the artwork almost as much as I do.

#250 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Wow. Uhm, Cassandra is/was a lot better looking without the Elvira make/get up. Heresy?

Totally agree.

#253 11 years ago

Cool, thanks.

#260 11 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

I'd like to see a DVD/book in the goodie bag filled with Freres art development along the way, behind the scenes photos/video, copies of communications, etc...everything you'd put into your blog but more, more, more.

Missed this post the first time I read though the thread. This is a F'N great idea!!!

#267 11 years ago

Any word on the feasibility of this project?

#270 11 years ago

I don't care how it happens, but if I had a choice, I would prefer this pin goes the route of the JPOP games that he is currently working on. Small run and hopefully extremely refined. Time frames would not be an issue to me either. I would be fine with a 2 to 2.5 yr window(from initial deposit) as long as it happens. I hate to say it,(not that it would happen) but Stern would not do this theme any justice.

#271 11 years ago

Dennis, I also wanted to say,(while it's still fresh in my mind from these other threads) if this game happens, please,please,please, just make one kick ass version of it. None of this Premium, Pro, LE garbage. I can't even keep it straight as to which one is the most desirable.

Thanks in advance,
    The Honch

#276 11 years ago
    Quoted from kidfresh:

It should happen long before Elvira part three.

Not!!!!!

#278 11 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

jacobs ladders

+1 Love this idea, along with a few Tesla coils.

#280 11 years ago

Tesla, as a theme, is a great idea. I was always fascinated by him and his inventions. Of course, Elvira has gotta come first. If she was with me, that would be very unlikely.

#284 11 years ago

The list just gets bigger and bigger.I think this pin is viable, just based on Pinsiders that would buy this game.

#286 11 years ago

215, really? Wow, I thought maybe a hundred. Isn't 200 the number of games JPOP is producing with his zombie pin. I'm good with a boutique style pin as long as the price doesn't hit 10K.

#289 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

It's not Christmas yet.

I know, I know. Sometimes I need a reality check.

#295 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey Honch!
    Should be fun. We did an interview with Dennis Nordman and are transcribing it now. I'll let you all know when to expect it on PINBALL411.com....lots of fun stuff about Scared Stiff, Party Monsters, behind the scenes stories and photos!

Ted, this is outstanding!! I had no idea you were personally involved with this site. I'm looking forward to it.

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

And, they all have to be signed by Cassandra, obviously.

Another great idea. Hey Pinball Mike, I think you need to be a part of this pinball production. Those are all excellent ideas.

1 month later
    #299 11 years ago

Hey guys, I haven't been around for over a month, anything new on this front?

#301 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You missed the pre-order a couple weeks back

That would be my luck, here lately.

#303 11 years ago

Yes, hence the

#304 11 years ago

Besides, I would expect SPFX Ted to tip me off if I am out of circulation for a few weeks and something that monumental was goin down.

#306 11 years ago

Ted, how is it going? When can we expect to see the interview with Dennis?

#308 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I've been so damn busy

I can relate to that these days! Regardless, I look forward to it, whenever you get the chance to release it.

2 months later
    #322 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Depends on who does it.

Anybody but Stern. I don't think they would do the artwork any justice.

#327 11 years ago

Me too!

#329 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Nordman and Freres are a must if Elvira 3 is going to get made.
    Elvira even said it herself! No Dennis and Greg, no third game!

Absolutely! If they weren't involved, it would probably be a deal breaker for me.

#331 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Here are a pair that are quite a bit younger...stays fairly true to the character

I remember, about 5 years ago when they were searching for the next Elvira. I don't know what ever became of the winner.

2 months later
    #345 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Anybody but Stern. I don't think they would do the artwork any justice.

I take this post back. After seeing the comic book style artwork of Metallica (it rules), I have some new found faith in Stern and believe they could pull it off. Ultimately it would still have to be Greg's artwork and it looks like they would give him the sort of flexibility he would need to flesh it out. Pun intended, BTW.

#351 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

PS : my first pin was SS. (actually just bought it last month!)

Now that is the way to start off a collection!!! Only problem is, you've got nowhere to go but down for your next pin. BTW, you pretty much nailed it in your description of why Elvira is the perfect theme.

#353 10 years ago

It does look pretty good. The trick with any mod is to make it look like it should have been there all along.

#360 10 years ago

My only concern is whether or not Nordman feels like this project is dead. I think interest is as strong for this title as anything else floating around.

4 months later
    #404 10 years ago

Haven't been on here in a while and sadly it looks like this dream has all but died.

#409 10 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Elvira and the Haunted House seems like a good direction

Quoted from vid1900:

Elvira vs the Zombies would be sweet.

I think this is what's great about Elvira as a theme for pins. It can literally be combined with anything associated with the horror genre.

Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I have a feeling this theme could turn up as a "Heighway Pinball" model

Man, do I hope you're right!! I actually have never heard of Heighway Pinball, before.

#411 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Elvira is just a character, much like Bond, Superman, etc....they don't age

It's amazing how many times this has to be explained.

#413 10 years ago

Ted, any word from Dennis, lately?

#417 10 years ago

Connery is still the best Bond ever.

#420 10 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Sorry, it's Craig now

Never seen any of his Bond movies. I'll have to check them out.

#431 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wouldn't it be interesting if a new Elvira took the place of the original like they have done with Bond?

They tried something like that a few years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Search_for_the_Next_Elvira

1 month later
    #434 10 years ago

Still holding out hope for this title. I will bump this thread every once in a while, just to keep it in the public conscience.

#439 10 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

You know maybe we shouldn't give up hope. If you had asked anyone on this tread if a remake of MM will ever happen it would have been a resounding, unfortunately No Way

That is exactly why I think anything in pinball is possible at this point in time.

#442 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

but a couple things happened at the time to kill it.

Ted, can you expand on that at all? I know licensing costs were an issue, but was there anything else?

#449 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

but Stern should be all over this!

I don't know if Stern would give this title the effort it would deserve. And you're right, JJ would never do this theme, it's not family friendly.

#451 10 years ago
    Quoted from ahorrorstory:

PLUS it can have a family mode.

The last thing I would want is a "family mode" Elvira. I agree with your point though. Elvira, ultimately never gives you anything but the inclination. She is the ultimate tease.

1 week later
    #456 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

There's a family mode on Scared Stiff? (Never checked never going to!)

Good one and so true.

#464 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'd of course want Greg Freres to do the art,

Because the artwork is such a big part of the Elvira pins, Greg's work is the only one that would suffice for me. I will say, that link of that artwork is right down my alley and I would love to see something like that on a new pin (horror genre of course).

3 months later
    #476 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

God damnit every time this thread gets bumped I read the title and the author and get excited for half a second before I remember it's just that old thread that someone probably zombied up

Sorry in advance. I said a while back I would bump this thread every now and then just to keep the idea out there. It's been a long time since I've been on the forum and it doesn't seem like anything has changed, but I'm still holding out hope. It was and is the only NIB I would consider. That is of course, only if Dennis and Greg are the ones building it.

#478 10 years ago

Ted, I take it, that there haven't been any rumblings on this front?

#480 10 years ago

What does that stand for?

#483 10 years ago
    Quoted from DnDPins:

I am a big fan of you and Greg and have several of both of your machines in my collection including SS. I do however feel that the theme is dated and would be much more inclined to purchase a different original themed machine by you two great talents.

Nice compliment sandwich. Post what you really want to say in the middle of two "smoke blowing" comments.

#484 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I believe Nordman is tied up with Lexy Lightspeed at the moment

That's a bummer, but it looks like he is working on something innovative.

#486 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons

Thanks.

#488 10 years ago

Yeah, I really dropped the ball on that one.

#493 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why do you say that? Some people would love to see it done. If your not interested that doesn't mean others aren't.

Exactly! If you're not interested, then move along.

#505 10 years ago

I agree, Ted. Even though,I do like the artwork on the EATPM back glass better.

#513 10 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

No more Elvira. I am on my stupid phone, so that's all I'll say.

Quoted from isJ:

MORE Elvira. I am on my stupid phone, so that's all I'll say.

There, I fixed it for you, Chief.

#522 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

It's so good to me why would they try to top it?

You answered your own question.

#529 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Elvira and the Monster Entourage! ...or ...EATME

I hate to look like a cheerleader, Ted, but that wins for me.

Quoted from Aurich:

there isn't another System 11 game that I would want to buy. EATPM is just a special game.

I think you're missing out on some great or greatest pins of all time.

#533 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, I'm honestly not a giant System 11 fan. I appreciate them, I'll play them if they're around, but own? Not really my thing.

I was a teenager in the 80's, so if you're not in that age range I could understand if you're not in love with system 11 games. I actually could have nothing but system 11 pins in my collection and be totally content. Of course I'd still have to slip in a Scared Stiff somewhere in the collection.

#535 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pinball isn't about nostalgia for me, I just love the game.

It's definitely a combination of the two for me. If I had the money(and room) I'd have something from every era too. At the end of the day, I think pins of the 90's are generally the best. I also would love to get my hands on a Metallica pin, that thing looks awesome.

2 months later
    #541 9 years ago

Still nothing on Elvira 3? Not even a BS rumor I could pretend is real for the next six months.

#543 9 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Stop teasing me with updates to this thread that just end up being more inquires!

Several months back, I did threaten to keep this thread alive so that the idea will stay alive. As long as Dennis and Greg are walking the Earth, there has gotta be a chance for this to happen. Updating this thread is torture, but it's got to be done.

#545 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

The gameplay of SS, while fun, is sort of a modernized Elvira reboot, even though the character is the same.

Agreed. That's why I'd love to see an Elvira pin with the depth of something like WOZ. The Elvira character is so versatile the pin could go in any direction and work.

#547 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

wasn't Elvira's silhouette used in another game

The only thing I can think of is the Monster Bash translight. There is a small image of Elvira on there along with Elvis and a few other characters.

#557 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Out of the 410 (so far) that say they want the new pin if it was made I wonder how many would actually buy it.

I would only be a definite if it was Dennis and Greg creating the pin. Otherwise I would take a "wait and see" approach.

1 week later
    #566 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think if they made just one model in-between a Pro and Premium they would sell more and would do good on route.

That would be my preference too.

#571 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

My wife would make me buy a new Elvira pin regardless of price.
    She loves Elvira.
    We got both EATPM and SS already.

That is how i met my wife,
    bought EATPM pin from her on ebay 4 yrs ago,
    (she was regrettably down sizing her household at the time)
    Bought Scared Stiff for her for her Birthday this year.

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

#574 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

SS is such a classic I still don't see a need for another Elvira game. Her act isn't the most relevant anymore and for those nostalgic souls there are already not one but two pins themed on her.

Well, you could say that about rock bands or superheros and even Star Trek. They exist, so why make more? I'll tell you why, because they sell. And few themes (probably none) are better suited to pinball than Elvira, especially if you're like me and want something that would entail spectacular artwork. Most of us want to see what Dennis and Greg could do with this theme and state of the art hardware. BTW, Elvira will always be relevant to those of us who love the Horror genre. Besides, characters don't age.

#582 9 years ago

I'll never understand people protesting against a theme. If it doesn't interest you then move along. It's not like if Elvira #3 is made then the theme you really want is getting shit canned. It's not an either or situation. I'm not interested in the Mythbusters theme that Skit B is doing or the Hobbit by JJP, but I'm not gonna be bashing them every chance I get.

2 months later
    #616 9 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Seeing that it's October and this theme fits perfectly, I just thought I'd bump this thread.

Thanks, I've been slacking lately.

#617 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

a new Elvira themed would be just as relevant to the hobby

Damn straight!! It's the only title that could get me to participate in the pre-order nonsense.

2 months later
    #621 9 years ago

Hey Dennis, if you have some free time I have some freed up cash.With all the other nonsense going on in pinball, why not?? Maybe this one would actually get completed.

#624 9 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

In Red! Wow, another pre-order situation.

I thought you were kidding until I clicked on the link.

#635 9 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

Well, Dennis should have some time freed up now,

What about Greg? The the only way it could work is if those two are on board. It's a pipe dream, but these days you never know.

5 months later
    #640 8 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Damn straight!! It's the only title that could get me to participate in the pre-order nonsense.

Statement is officially recanted.

#642 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

If Dennis was involved, I would still be IN.

Quoted from spfxted:

If Dennis was involved, I would still be IN.

Maniac!! I'd be Tempted, but would have to bow out. The most I'd consider is a $500 dollar deposit. After that It's COD or nothing.

#644 8 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I would REALLY like to see an Elvira 3 developed.

You and me both! I wouldn't give a damn about how many they produced either.

4 months later
    #646 8 years ago

Since it's October, I figured I'd check in. Dennis, are you there? Still hoping someday it will happen.

#656 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Ummmm,
    She's Elvira for starters.
    Who needs a movie to go off of when you have THE queen-b of double entendres? She is sharper than a freshly minted adamantium tack and can deliver any kind of dialogue she feels; that also fits the chosen theme.
    Hell, it can even be a simple black and white 50's campy drive-in sci-fi/horror type game for all I care, just as long as she can continue to extend/build upon what made the last two games so great.
    Shame to hear Charlie won't be participating in it but, I guess that's life...
    Dennis and his trusty Nordmanite will surely prevail one of these days and I really hope it's sooner, rather than later!
    Sooooo,
    Don't make me go*Elvira 3*get those*Elvira 3*headphones Dennis*Elvira 3*and Greg!

I totally agree, Nimble. The beauty of the theme is the versatility. And besides, it's Elvira.

2 months later
    #694 8 years ago

I'm glad to see this thread still has some legs.

3 months later
    #734 7 years ago

Trilogy?

1 year later
    #1126 6 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm perfectly happy with a REAL backglass drawn by Greg Freres on this.

Exactly! That's non-negotiable IMHO. If it's not Greg and Dennis its not a true trilogy. That doesn't mean it couldn't be great, but com on, man!! How anyone could think that anybody but Greg should do the artwork is beyond me.

#1127 6 years ago

Dp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game?tu=honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.