Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.
    #301 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You missed the pre-order a couple weeks back

That would be my luck, here lately.

#302 11 years ago

You realize he's kidding right?

#303 11 years ago

Yes, hence the

#304 11 years ago

Besides, I would expect SPFX Ted to tip me off if I am out of circulation for a few weeks and something that monumental was goin down.

#305 11 years ago

You got THAT right, brother!

#306 11 years ago

Ted, how is it going? When can we expect to see the interview with Dennis?

#307 11 years ago

Oh gee...I've been so damn busy. Sorry about that! I did transfer some of it (great stuff). I'll try to get more done this weekend. I was even going to have a “pinball person” do the transcription, but forgot Dennis told me some of the stuff is not to be let out. Hmmm, maybe I'll see if the wife can help....

#308 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I've been so damn busy

I can relate to that these days! Regardless, I look forward to it, whenever you get the chance to release it.

#309 11 years ago

I'm in for a new Elvira anything! Scared Stiff is my girlfriend and mine'd favorite game. Love the humor, theme, rule-set, difficulty- a near perfect game. Just make sure you include the tassels this time around. (Full motion video back glass would be amazing!)

2 months later
    #311 11 years ago

Yep

#312 11 years ago

so excited- i posted twice!

#313 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Sorry guys. I like big milky boobs and decolletage as much as the next guy, but for the amount of time, energy and money that goes into a new pin I think it should be directed towards a theme that; a) isn't a one note joke from the 80s (sorry, just never did much for me), and; b) doesn't already have two other machines.

This.

I love scared stiff- best callouts ever!

But if you're gonna make a new boobalicous pin- time to upgrade the boobs to about 40 years younger ... Maybe Kate Upton or Christina Henricks as Elvira's granddaughter

Something shouldn't get remade.... this is one of them.

How about combining the babes (timeless) and zombies (currently hot) ... maybe a Resident Evil Pin? resident_evil_movie_wallpaper9_by_etha.jpgresident_evil_movie_wallpaper9_by_etha.jpg Resident-Evil-Afterlife.jpgResident-Evil-Afterlife.jpg

#314 11 years ago

We've been asking for that (Resident Evil) for years now. Its not going to happen, especially since the last movie was somewhat of a dud. I would have liked it to be after the games more but, would have taken the movies for the chicks no doubt about it.

#315 11 years ago

A new Elvira themed pin would be the one NIB pin my wife would insist that i buy.

#316 11 years ago

Yup! And Elvira never gets old...the CHARACTER.

#317 11 years ago

Bring on Elvira. Third times a charm

#318 11 years ago

I can't say it enough - this would be a 'day one' purchase for me.

#319 11 years ago

Would sell easy, the difference between an elvira and a resident evil movie pin is that the movie pin will age whereas a pin based on a pop culture character can be timeless if done well.

#320 11 years ago

I'm interested in it, but do want it to be more over the top than Scared Stiff. Can that happen?

#321 11 years ago

Depends on who does it.

#322 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Depends on who does it.

Anybody but Stern. I don't think they would do the artwork any justice.

#323 11 years ago

Yeah, but who else is out there right now? Not JJP, not Skit-B, ....

#324 11 years ago

Bring it on!

#325 11 years ago

ok, well i guess i'll get it rolling then.

Hey Charlie! How about you getting together with Nordman and making "Elvira" Spooky Pinball #2?

Seems like a perfect fit to me!

#326 11 years ago

I LIKE it !

#327 11 years ago

Me too!

#328 11 years ago

Nordman and Freres are a must if Elvira 3 is going to be made.
    Elvira even said it herself! No Dennis and Greg, no third game! I would also agree with her, it just wouldn't feel right to have some other team at the helm.

#329 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Nordman and Freres are a must if Elvira 3 is going to get made.
    Elvira even said it herself! No Dennis and Greg, no third game!

Absolutely! If they weren't involved, it would probably be a deal breaker for me.

#330 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

But if you're gonna make a new boobalicous pin- time to upgrade the boobs to about 40 years younger ...

Here are a pair that are quite a bit younger...stays fairly true to the character

#331 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Here are a pair that are quite a bit younger...stays fairly true to the character

I remember, about 5 years ago when they were searching for the next Elvira. I don't know what ever became of the winner.

#332 11 years ago

Bring it On?

Hmmm... yes... i could get behind a cheerleading themed machine as well!

1 week later
    #333 11 years ago

I'm all for a new Elvira pin. I love my EATPM and have been looking for years for an SS. I would definitely buy a new Elvira. Sign me up.

#334 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

or Christina Henricks as Elvira's granddaughter

This would make me reconsider my original assessment.

#335 11 years ago

Elvira and her monsters from the past: Pinhead, Freddy, Chucky, Michael Meyers, Cryptkeeper, Rod Sterling, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. A littler of everything.

#336 11 years ago

Elvira And The Monster Extravaganza

#337 11 years ago

I already have the website registered! EATME

#338 11 years ago

Yes, yes, and yes!

Bob Redding: "I, ah... I can only play G-rated movies."

Elvira: "Oh well, there's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence."

#339 11 years ago

Another elvira would be so much fun

Quoted from Jackontherocks:Elvira and her monsters from the past: Pinhead, FREDDY, Chucky, Michael Meyers, Cryptkeeper, Rod Sterling, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. A littler of everything.

Man imagine if back in the day they made a pinball machine called pinhead?

#340 11 years ago

Hello Dennis and Greg
    Yes ! Yes and Yes again. Absolutely love the mistress of the dark. So does the whole family and everyone I know. One of the best themed games out there. Timeless just like Elvira / Cassandra herself. She was on the Kount Kustoms TV show recently and time has not touched her...WOW ! Is all you can say... ahem. Please make another! I would ante up for sure. Make it a widebody and throw everything into it and I am sure there will be a long line of customers. Hotties, horror and pinball go hand in hand.
    I am sure you and your 'crew' will turn this into a masterpiece. I for one cannot wait to go on another adventure.
    Best regards and 'Thank you boys!' ha ha
    Hawk

#341 11 years ago

#342 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I remember, about 5 years ago when they were searching for the next Elvira. I don't know what ever became of the winner.

The winner, April, only did one or two appearances as Elvira after that. She is no longer affiliated with Elvira.

#343 11 years ago

There is only One...

#344 11 years ago

Yes there is only one but I think this chick has a couple of redeeming assets

Quoted from Rody:Here are a pair that are quite a bit younger...stays fairly true to the character
    » YouTube video

1 month later
    #345 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Anybody but Stern. I don't think they would do the artwork any justice.

I take this post back. After seeing the comic book style artwork of Metallica (it rules), I have some new found faith in Stern and believe they could pull it off. Ultimately it would still have to be Greg's artwork and it looks like they would give him the sort of flexibility he would need to flesh it out. Pun intended, BTW.

#346 10 years ago

hey!...it STILL could happen...

#347 10 years ago

Maybe we need to start up a Nordman/Elvira primer fund.

#348 10 years ago

He is trying to work something out.....

#349 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I already have the website registered! EATME

Ha! Should we put a tilt warning on that? A pinball machine and domain name for a 3rd Elvira installment named: "eat me".

Quoted from NimblePin:

Nordman and Freres are a must if Elvira 3 is going to be made.

Agreed!

Dennis, as others have mentioned, some cult-culture classics will never really fade away. I was still a baby when Cassandra's 'Elvira' character was just getting started and I still love all her old stuff, and the new stuff, today. As others mentioned, a mix of Elvira with all the fun modern "scary stuff" like zombies (thinking about funny types of zombies like in plants-vs-zombies video game) would be great. Imagine all the potential for funny dialogue between Elvira and the zombies!!

With all the new modern day gadgetry you guys can have so much fun designing features in this game. e.g., a trapped ball can land in, and ride around the playfield in Elvira's black Thunderbird. More modern-style "deadheads" (I've read some were left out of SS due to ROM space limits..). It can be a really fun "dark" or "night time" theme. "Elvira and her (un)pleasant dreams" ?? Guess you've already thought about it - you could even ask Cassandra for her all time favorite scary movies (or old funny B-movies) and incorporate some of those themes into the game (with the new full-color displays, depending on licensing fees, there can even be short clips and quotes from the movies..).

In my book, Elvira is definitely a winner. It's not often there's such a mix of wit, charm, sexiness, cheekiness, appeal - to a wide audience (my wife loves playing SS) - and all around fun, all bottled up in one character. Perfect material to use on a modern pin!

So YES. I'm interested too, and would sign up to be on the list of buyers for the first wave of deliveries.

cheers,
    Tommy

PS : my first pin was SS. (actually just bought it last month!)

#350 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

my first pin was SS. (actually just bought it last month!)

You have good taste...

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.