Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.
    #201 11 years ago

I just wish SS was deeper. I'd get one if that was the case. Best call outs ever IMO.

#202 11 years ago

I guess I should have said that when I'm scared stiff, I just don't find it deep enough.

#203 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am not making a pronouncement on the maturity of the owners, it is just clear we have a different outlook on life. To me, it is not a classy pin. To each, his or her own.

I think your taking this hobby waaaayyyy to serious. Classy pins? Really? Never really considered that while playing them before. I'm just looking for something fun, loaded with features, and themes I find appealing. And yes, I consider boobs, legs, hot chicks a plus. I pity you guys that feel you have to grow up and fit in with the stereotypical older generation. F-that...I'll never have a old man mindset. I'm 40 and my 10 year kid considers me the coolest guy he knows (yes I act silly still) and I plan to stay that way. Life is to short so lighten up a bit and have some fun.

#204 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am not making a pronouncement on the maturity of the owners, it is just clear we have a different outlook on life. To me, it is not a classy pin. To each, his or her own.

I get it, you don't like it. It's okay, you don't have to.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I guess it must take a bigger man to slavishy bow down to cheap boob and dick jokes, than it does to question why I would want that taking up space in my house.

Way to serious, chief. Remember, it is only a game.

#205 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I get it, you don't like it. It's okay, you don't have to.

Way to serious, chief. Remember, it is only a game.

Fair enough, I can accept this.

It is pretty clear that when it comes to some aspects of pin culture, I just don't get it.

I don't want to dog on the CPR guys, but the concept art for the lost vegas project was more trashy than classy. It is possible to do sexy in a classy way (Centaur might be one of the top examples of this looking at the women on the playfield).

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have Big Dick. Its sex, but it ain't sexy.

For what its worth, I am looking forward to playing both Elvira tables on my xbox whenever that update comes out. I just wouldn't spend the $5K+ to put both Elvira tables in my house.

Hmm.... weirdly enough if the question was: Would you pay $5 for a new digital Elvira pin designed by Greg and Dennis... I would glady have said yes. Would I spend $5-10K for one for my house.... I can't see it.

#206 11 years ago

Hey when's the last time anyone's watched Elvira's 1988 movie? I think I saw it in '89 on VHS. I heard it's on DVD now, but does it still hold up? All I remember is her rival in the movie (She was kind of a Flo-ish looking chick? Not Flo from Progressive, but Flo from 'Alice' fame?) having large knockers that turned out to be tissues.

#207 11 years ago

I understand where you're coming from, but generally speaking, pinball is not really highbrow. That being said, some of the artwork in pinball (IMHO) could grace the walls of a Victorian mansion and not look out of place. That is, if it were on canvas and tastefully framed and matted.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have Big Dick. Its sex, but it ain't sexy.

On this point, we agree. It's shock, just for the sake of it with no real theme.

#208 11 years ago

Honch, I think I just found that image online with Google. I don't know if it's an actual poster...I'll check...

#209 11 years ago

Excellent! Thanks, That would definitely be one for the game room.

#210 11 years ago

Yeah,,,I was gonna put a Deadly Spawn monster in there someplace...

#211 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Flo from 'Alice' fame

Oh man..... you just dated yourself there! Sad thing is, I'm in the same club.

#212 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah,,,I was gonna put a Deadly Spawn monster in there someplace.

I want one of those too!!

#213 11 years ago

I have another of the original Scared Stiff posters I bought from Ebay. We'll talk...

#214 11 years ago

The size of the poster is 36x24 !

#215 11 years ago

Hey when's the last time anyone's watched Elvira's 1988 movie? I think I saw it in '89 on VHS. I heard it's on DVD now, but does it still hold up? All I remember is her rival in the movie (She was kind of a Flo-ish looking chick? Not Flo from Progressive, but Flo from 'Alice' fame?) having large knockers that turned out to be tissues.

Have you seen her latest movie Elvira's haunted Hills ? 2002. Just re-released on DVD again in 2011. Also her Movie Macabre TV show started back up in 2010 in syndication with new episodes.

elvira.jpgelvira.jpg

#216 11 years ago

That is such a great picture and explains my previous post for the idea. Maybe I can get the credit or name on the new machine somewhere.

#217 11 years ago

Would love one! SS is one of my favorites.

#218 11 years ago

I like Scared Stiff more than MM...sorry!

1 week later
    #219 11 years ago

#220 11 years ago

yes to elvira. oh, how about a mystery science theatre 3000 pin?

#221 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

yes to Elvira. oh, how about a mystery science theatre 3000 pin?

MST3K... not really commercially viable but having custom voices to heckle the player at every turn would be awesome. Basically what they do with movies... only making fun of every borked shot, flail fest and drain.

Heck, even having somebody sit there and chimp flip could garner some choice responses

Hmm....

#222 11 years ago

So many better pins could be made...........

#223 11 years ago

The Munsters please,could blow the doors off TAF.

#224 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

MST3K... not really commercially viable but having custom voices to heckle the player at every turn would be awesome. Basically what they do with movies... only making fun of every borked shot, flail fest and drain.
    Heck, even having somebody sit there and chimp flip could garner some choice responses
    Hmm....

Love this!

Dennis

#225 11 years ago

I am in, especially with zombies

#226 11 years ago

music and voices from Rob Zombie would be a must also...

#227 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrofnoc:

music and voices from Rob Zombie would be a must also...

I second that, but I doubt we are the majority

#228 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

I second that, but I doubt we are the majority

Third! I'm sure Charlie from Spooky would chime in on this...

#229 11 years ago

I'd be seriously interested, thanks for asking! Please make it happen.

Follows a brief, skippable, personal story with the elvira theme to prove it can't get 'old':
    I only found out about the Elvira character this week, thanks to Pinball Arcade videogame developers.
    I promptly got my hands on the 2 movies and liked them a lot even though I don't like horror, halloween or 'cheap' comedy. Because of that, and not only thanks to the Cleavage, I got quite fond of Elvira as a character and was also amused and surprised to see how there are *good* videogames about her, other than pinball machines.

I would for sure get the 3rd Elvira pinball game as my first machine (!.. youngster) if it included, in any way, a reference to what I consider one of the highest quality moments in movie history:

Elvira.gifElvira.gif

#230 11 years ago

mesmerizing...so..........mesmerizing...(who am i?)...

#231 11 years ago

Elvira 3: Deeper, Harder, Faster.

#232 11 years ago

Whoever posted that Ernest clip is a genius. Haha!

I'd love to see another Elvira machine. Hell, an Ernest themed game would be campy and fun too.

#233 11 years ago
    Quoted from Launchpad:

Whoever posted that Ernest clip is a genius. Haha!

AN EVIL GENIUS!!!

#234 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Have you seen her latest movie Elvira's haunted Hills ?

I have and I much prefer "Mistress of the Dark". Actually, I don't even think it's close.

#235 11 years ago

That Elvira's animation would make an interesting video mode... try to stay focused then !
    Elvira rules. Forever!

#236 11 years ago

Out of date? Any guy under the age of 35 would take one look at her, and would most likely be in heat! I would take out a loan for that machine! Very cool! I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

#237 11 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

Ah, I should have mentioned this. We are talking full blown modern game. Elvira is one character in this adventure game. Could be zombies, could be UFOs, could be monsters...

In.

Love my SS BTW Dennis--just fun to play: Stiff-O-Meter is an enjoyable challenge; Spider Wheel is so neat: got Spider Multiball the other day for the first time...WOW!

#238 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

got Spider Multiball the other day for the first time...WOW!

Curious, how long did it take you to get Spider Multiball? I'm sort of putting that up there in the realm of "I hope I can get it once someday but, I'm not holding my breath".

#239 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

got Spider Multiball the other day for the first time...WOW!

Pretty impressive, Neil. I've had my "Stiff" for three years now (maybe I should see a DR.) and still can't do it. it's the first game I have ever owned, where I couldn't finish every mode.

#240 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hmm....

Was just thinking this same thing. Would work great with an lcd backglass.

#241 11 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Would work great with an lcd backglass.

I was thinking about this the other day. As much as I want to see a modern version of an Elvira pin, I think I'd still prefer some classic artwork by Greg Freres, on a traditional BG. I think a color DMD or a small LCD would be preferable. As far as the rest of the pin goes, state of the art, all the way.

#242 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Curious, how long did it take you to get Spider Multiball? I'm sort of putting that up there in the realm of "I hope I can get it once someday but, I'm not holding my breath".

Let's see...got the game in July of '11 IIRC.

Quoted from Honch:

Pretty impressive, Neil. I've had my "Stiff" for three years now (maybe I should see a DR.) and still can't do it. it's the first game I have ever owned, where I couldn't finish every mode.

Thanks Dale; guess even a sub-par player like me gets lucky every now & then (IIRC, the path to get there was to focus on Extra Balls, right ramps/more spins, and spins as your skill shot).

#243 11 years ago

I have no idea how I managed to completely miss this thread up until now. Dennis is probably my favorite designer of all time, so this is very exciting news indeed. The only problem I have with an Elvira theme is the potentially racy artwork. For example, as much as I love Greg's gorgeous artwork on "Whoa Nellie!", my wife would not be happy if I brought something like that into the house. This is one of the things that appealed to me about BHZA. I love zombies, and JPop is doing a family friendly take on the theme. I'm not suggesting that Dennis and Greg should do a family friendly game. I'm merely pointing out that their new pin may, unfortunately, not be marketed towards someone like me.

#244 11 years ago

Yes Please!!! Another Elvira game will sell! NIB all the way for me. I'd put a deposit down today if I could.

#245 11 years ago

I would put a deposit down on this way before I'd put a deposit down on the hobbit.

#246 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The only problem I have with an Elvira theme is the potentially racy artwork.

I'm surprised how often I've heard guys say this. Honestly, I've had kids(under 12) play my SS and I don't think they have ever picked up on any of the innuendo's of the game. Not to mention, my Wife enjoys the artwork almost as much as I do.

#247 11 years ago

Wanna open the kids eyes and ears...watch 2 Broke Girls!

#248 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Ted, do you know where I can get a poster like that?

You can get a print from the artist here http://www.byronwinton.com/spotlight.php?type=shop&id=198

#249 11 years ago

Wow. Uhm, Cassandra is/was a lot better looking without the Elvira make/get up. Heresy?

#250 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Wow. Uhm, Cassandra is/was a lot better looking without the Elvira make/get up. Heresy?

Totally agree.

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.