Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.
    #151 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

So the next poll should be (if you're serious), "What's the MAX you would pay for an Elvira machine?" I think at $5-6K, pretty much everyone is in. I'd imagine you'd start seeing a lot of drop off around $7-8K.

That's it exactly. 5-6k is the sweet spot for a new game with appealing features and theme that many here will purchase. 7-8k puts it mostly in the hands of a small group of collectors that pretty much buy every new pin that comes out anyway regardless of the theme, just because its new and they have the cash.

#152 11 years ago

So the next poll should be (if you're serious), "What's the MAX you would pay for an Elvira machine?" I think at $5-6K, pretty much everyone is in. I'd imagine you'd start seeing a lot of drop off around $7-8K.

or should the next poll be, "Pick one boutique pin theme to buy into: The Big Lebowski, or, another saucy Elvira pin" ?

#153 11 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

I might respond, and then again, I might not.
    We'll have to ask Elvira what toys she would like to see...

If I can help choose the toys for Elvira I might change my mind!

#154 11 years ago

It's wild how the votes keep coming in yet the distribution is still exactly the same.

#155 11 years ago

Someone has obviously cheated and voted for 'Who are Dennis and Greg' 7 times however.

#156 11 years ago

Thank you all for taking the time to voice your opinions (both for and against) concerning a new Elvira game. We don't have a target price yet, just testing the waters. We will keep you informed about any progress towards a decision.

#157 11 years ago

Get-er-done!

#158 11 years ago

with this team together, you really can't go wrong.

plus i LOVE the theme. Scary stuff, funny stuff, double - entendre. So many options for great design and great sound bytes.

what'tre you guys waiting for??

#159 11 years ago

Jersey Jack??

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You and that Freres guy know me well enough that I'd sell a kidney on ebay to see this game done! Hell... I'd even drink another Pabst or something.
    Charlie
    http://www.spookypinball.com

Charlie, isn't it pronounced Fah-rare-ez?

#161 11 years ago

Elvira's Haunted House.

Zombies, ghosts, bats, etc. Make your way through the house (similar to TAF) with Elvira leading the way and guiding you...

I don't come on here for a couple days and all kinds of good stuff is poppin. BTW Robert, that idea you have would be the ideal way (IMHO) to use the Elvira theme on a pin. If a third Elvira pin happens, it is a mortal lock that I will buy this pin. My first NIB, NICE!!!!!!

#162 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'm speaking for Honch too....

Absolutely. You know I'm all geeked up for this pin. I've been going on about it for a couple years now and it sounds like the pinball gods are listening. I should also add, I'd be willing to go 8k+ on this pin if it happens. That's where I'd be comfortable as far as price is concerned.

#163 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Elvira + Zombies = insta-buy for me.
    Marcus

If the theme was zombie based with Elvira as a supporting character I'd be interested. But if it's another Elvira themed pin then no....it's been done, twice.

#164 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's it exactly. 5-6k is the sweet spot for a new game with appealing features and theme that many here will purchase. 7-8k puts it mostly in the hands of a small group of collectors that pretty much buy every new pin that comes out anyway regardless of the theme, just because its new and they have the cash.

Agreed. Sadly, just don't know if $5-6k is economically feasible for a small scale manufacturer these days. $6-8k for a toy (don't kid yourselves) is a lot of money. Ya people pay more than that for boats, motorcycles, etc. but thats a one and done proposition. Love the theme, love the concept, hope/wish I could justify it. I'm a 90+%'er ( as they like to classify people these days) but I still think my retirement account is more important than a new pin.

Price it at $7500 and I'm sure you can sell 750+ of them. $5500 and I bet you can double that. I still doubt that's feasible for even a run of 2000 machines given the economics of small scale manufacturing. I do think an Elvira theme would be popular though.

#165 11 years ago

Then how the hell are the Predator boyz doin' it for $4750 (250 machines)

#166 11 years ago

I'd be curious to see the level of interest within Cassandra's social media outlets, I imagine a good number of purchases would be from fans who never had pinball on their radar.

#167 11 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

I'd be curious to see the level of interest within Cassandra's social media outlets, I imagine a good number of purchases would be from fans who never had pinball on their radar.

Now here's an interesting comment. If Elvira herself would push the game a bit and inform her facebook fans that could result in quite a demand (if the game is priced reasonably).

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Then how the hell are the Predator boyz doin' it for $4750 (250 machines) []

Good point. It's obviously doable.

#169 11 years ago

Does Elvira warrant a third pin? I can't see it myself.

I am in the group of people who honestly would be embarassed to have a SS in my collection at this point. I'm 35 years old, do I need to be afraid my mom might come over and start playing it and I'm in the room while Elvira's moaning away "I'm having multiple Jackpots" or whatever other juvenile crap that might come from the pin. "Riiiiide the bony beast...". I mean seriously.

Add in that I have a wife and 2 kids, and you have a non-starter for my collection.

I can see an Elvira + other theme where Elvira is a supporting character or announcer/storyteller being neat... but another sexual innuendo drenched pin is not terribly interesting to me. I'm all for a laugh... but how many times does a person have to hear the expression bony beast to find it less than funny?

Are there that many collectors like Beavis and Butthead?

"Bony Beast". Huh huh. Uh huh huh.
    "He said Bony beast." Huh huh. Uh huh huh.
    "Riiiiide the Bony Beast". There it is, he said it again. This game Rules! Huh huh. Uh huh huh.

Lather, rinse, repeat apparently forever...

#170 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am in the group of people who honestly would be embarassed to have a SS in my collection at this point. I'm 35 years old, do I need to be afraid my mom might come over and start playing it and I'm in the room while Elvira's moaning away "I'm having multiple Jackpots" or whatever other juvenile crap that might come from the pin. "Riiiiide the bony beast...". I mean seriously.
    Add in that I have a wife and 2 kids, and you have a non-starter for my collection.
    I can see an Elvira + other theme where Elvira is a supporting character or announcer/storyteller being neat... but another sexual innuendo drenched pin is not terribly interesting to me. I'm all for a laugh... but how many times does a person have to hear the expression bony beast to find it less than funny?
    "Riiiiide the Bony Beast". There it is, he said it again. This game Rules! Huh huh. Uh huh huh.

SS is my wife's favorite machine, and I'm very sure that most of the adult jokes in SS are not understood by youngsters that are not thinking that direction too much already. (If so, does SS spoil them then?)

Furthermore, I wouldn't feel bad if my mom would enter my gameroom while I'm playing SS.
    When I read your post I only feel more blessed than ever, not being (or feeling) judged so much.
    (I'm 33 FYI)

Added to this, I would consider another Elvira machine for sure!

#171 11 years ago

That's hilarious!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Aww man, you just made me feel terrible for owning a SS.......NOT!!!! LOL

Sounds like you have some self confidence issues, sorry to hear that. BTW, its my wife and kids favorite pin. My kid doesn't get any of the sexually slanted jokes, they go completely over his head and when the day comes that he does, well...I'd say its not going to be any big corrupting revelation to him at that point.

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

You are 35 and still worried about being embarassed in front of your mom.....wow.

SS is a family favorite and I will definitely be in line for a new Elvira game.

A humorous, entertaining pin would be a refreshing change from the music band and comic book drivel that Stern keeps spitting out. To each their own I guess.......

#174 11 years ago

I personally would not buy it, especially at boutique prices, but I think it would be a good theme for the art style that you and Greg acheived with Big Juicy Melons. An Elvira pin would look nice next to the Big Juicy Mellons, as I can think of two things that they would have in common.

#175 11 years ago

I was about to state my case against another Elvira pin, but I guess if you can make a pin in 2013 out of the Wizard of Oz then there is no theme too old or lame to resurrect.

#176 11 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

Thank you all for taking the time to voice your opinions (both for and against) concerning a new Elvira game. We don't have a target price yet, just testing the waters. We will keep you informed about any progress towards a decision.

So is this a low run like Whoa Nellie, or more of a Stern or JJP type of thing?

#177 11 years ago

It's gotta be pretty big as there are gonna be about 150 people from this forum alone buying one!

#178 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I'm 35 years old, do I need to be afraid my mom might come over and start playing it and I'm in the room while Elvira's moaning away "I'm having multiple Jackpots" or whatever other juvenile crap that might come from the pin. "Riiiiide the bony beast...". I mean seriously.

When my parents and in-laws stop by to play they love the sexual innuendo and humour in SS and BBB. In the past several gatherings I found more people playing SS and RFM than anything including Tron and AFM. We dont have kids but I could see where you might not want to explain the moans. Maybe an family friendly mode could be included?

I'm would never be embarassed by my collection or for that matter my interests. To quote Rod Tidwell from Jerry Meguire "...These are the ABC's of me baby!..."

#179 11 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

So is this a low run like Whoa Nellie, or more of a Stern or JJP type of thing?

It won't be Stern or JJP. That's for sure. I think it would be a much higher run than WN, especially since only 4-5 complete machines were actually done.

An interesting scenario might be a conversion kit using P-ROC. Take any WPC game as the base. Utilize the cabinet, backbox, all boards (minus the CPU of course), power wiring, harnesses, etc. Make a drop in playfield, cabinet/backbox decals, and software for the P-ROC and you've got a full system.

You don't need to produce cabinets and the majority, if not all, of the hardware is already done. Comes down to software, artwork, and playfield design/engineering at that point. And the price point would be *significantly* lower doing this.

Assuming the playfield is supplied as a complete assembly, people could use just about any WPC game for the conversion.

I'm in for the software design/coding...

#180 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It's gotta be pretty big as there are gonna be about 150 people from this forum alone buying one!

Until they ask for a deposit

#181 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am in the group of people who honestly would be embarassed to have a SS in my collection at this point. I'm 35 years old,

(...)

Add in that I have a wife and 2 kids, a

Well, I am 10+ years older, also got a wife and two kids... and way past the embarassement. May be that's the privilege of being in the 40' - 50' zone. I don't care. Elvira at home would be fun !

#182 11 years ago

And the machine too!!

#183 11 years ago

This poll makes the OP look like an asshat. :-p
    Yes I like hot women. No, God please, no more Elvira pins!!!

#184 11 years ago

And that comment makes you look like one....

#185 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

This poll makes the OP look like an asshat. :-p
    Yes I like hot women. No, God please, no more Elvira pins!!!

It was obviously (to most) a tongue-in-cheek reference, similar to the "Who are Greg and Dennis" choice.

Maybe someone should make yet another, Star Trek/Star Wars pin instead. Oh wait, that's already rumored to be happening.

#186 11 years ago

Or better yet...Metallica...zzzzzzz

#187 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My vote is for Elvira's haunted house. Oh and through a few zombies in there and you've hit everything on my pin dream list.

What about Elvira's Diabolical/Demented Demons?

Elvira's DDs.

#188 11 years ago

I STILL like Elvira And The Monster Entourage. (EATME)

#189 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I STILL like Elvira And The Monster Entourage. (EATME)

Yep, that one gets my vote

#190 11 years ago

Just tell us where to send the money.....

Moving-picture-flipping-through-hundre.gifMoving-picture-flipping-through-hundre.gif

#191 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

First off, pinball might not be right for you. They are games, of course they are juvenile, that's the point,that's also why they were located in these things called arcades. It's supposed to be an escape from the everyday grind of life. Second, any pin and I mean ANY pin gets repetitive. And I highly doubt that any owners are busting out laughing over the audio after playing the game several times. Lastly, what kind of grown man is worried about what his mommy is gonna think of a GAME in HIS own home. Save the money you might spend on your next pin and go buy yourself a sense of humor.

#192 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

First off, pinball might not be right for you. They are games, of course they are juvenile, that's the point,that's also why they were located in these things called arcades. It's supposed to be an Escape from the everyday grind of life. Second, any pin and I mean ANY pin gets repetitive. And I highly doubt that any owners are busting out laughing over the audio after playing the game several times. Lastly, what kind of grown man is worried about what his mommy is gonna think of a GAME in HIS own home. Save the money you might spend on your next pin and go buy yourself a sense of humor.

Thank you for your personal and very classy response. It makes more than a few asinine assumptions about me. I'll just leave it at that to keep things pleasant around here .

#193 11 years ago

Cool.

elvira_group_sm.jpgelvira_group_sm.jpg

#194 11 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

You are 35 and still worried about being embarassed in front of your mom.....wow.

+1....wow man grow a pair.

There is also a family mode adjustment in there too.

#195 11 years ago

of balls? why? Balls are weak. It would make more sense to grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding

#196 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

of balls? why? Balls are weak. It would make more sense to grow a vagina.

So true! My balls get busted regularly by a person with a vagina.

#197 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It makes more than a few asinine assumptions about me.

Assumptions Huh? You mean like the assumption you made that anyone that owns a SS is juvenile. If there was anything asinine about any part of our exchange, it is clearly coming from your end. You stay Awesome.

#198 11 years ago

Ted, do you know where I can get a poster like that?

#199 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Assumptions Huh? You mean like the assumption you made that anyone that owns a SS is juvenile. If there was anything asinine about any part of our exchange, it is clearly coming from your end. You stay Awesome.

Elvira IS a pin with a juvenile sense of humour; if it happens to match your sense of classy, I guess that is possible.

I am not making a pronouncement on the maturity of the owners, it is just clear we have a different outlook on life. To me, it is not a classy pin. To each, his or her own.

As far as manliness/maturity goes, I'll let all those who would say "grow a pair" in response to somebody daring to go against the tide of pinball group think. Its easy to pile on. I really don't care; never have, never will.

I guess it must take a bigger man to slavishy bow down to cheap boob and dick jokes, than it does to question why I would want that taking up space in my house.

#200 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Elvira IS a pin with a juvenile sense of humour; if it happens to match your sense of classy, I guess that is possible.
    I am not making a pronouncement on the maturity of the owners, it is just clear we have a different outlook on life. To me, it is not a classy pin. To each, his or her own.
    As far as manliness/maturity goes, I'll let all those who would say "grow a pair" in response to somebody daring to go against the tide of pinball group think. Its easy to pile on. I really don't care; never have, never will.

I honestly wonder what the family settings on this pin does... that is something I was unaware of

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.