Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.
    #101 11 years ago

It would be my first NIB pin ever.

#102 11 years ago

Who do I make the check out to!?!

Steve

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

Well...not yet Greg and I would like to know how many people would be seriously interested in buying a new Elvira themed pinball game. We love the Elvira character and would love to design a new pinball adventure for her.
    Some have argued that Elvira is to old for a new pingame. But we disagree, Elvira is a "character", the game is not about Cassandra, who is still hot by the way. Imagine how Dorothy from WOZ looks now. Or even Capt. Kirk or Spock.
    The Elvira character is great for introducing new adventures with lots of humor. We really wanna' do this!
    Dennis (and Greg)

how about elvira and some other large breasted women all over the playfield and backglass... havent thought of a name or theme, other than a bunch of big breasts
    i would be in for another elvira pin for sure though

#104 11 years ago

some people gave good choice here.
    zombie aliens, in a haunted space station and elvira in charge.
    or aliens turning into zombie when they land in elvira's haunted castle... damn where do i send the money!

#105 11 years ago

My vote is for Elvira's haunted house. Oh and through a few zombies in there and you've hit everything on my pin dream list.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #107 11 years ago

I guess the real question is how much?

I'm on the fence with this one. i loved ss. it one of the the greatest pins ever made imo. i think you're messin with perfection there Dennis.

Would rather see something based on the original Munsters.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from SteveW:

Can Elvira have a sidekick:

Heck...she looks pretty much like the Elvira on my SS backglass. If your going to do an LCD version with real footage, she's a viable choice to portray the character in a younger form.

#109 11 years ago

Other than the boobs, I haven't been exposed to Elvira very much, and I am 33 years old.

I know you guys have a lot of love for her, but has the Elvira brand done anything relevant lately?

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from SteveW:

Can Elvira have a sidekick:
    » YouTube video
    She does a great Elvira impersonation.
    Steve

Damn, that's a great impersonation. What a beautiful pair of eyes!

#111 11 years ago

Eyes, she has eyes? All I noticed was her.......smile

#112 11 years ago

And here's Elvira's reply to Hannah's -

#113 11 years ago

A Cassandra/Hannah collaboration. This was taken in the Macabre Mobile at this year's Comikaze convention.

#114 11 years ago

Is that even a question. Were do I put a deposit?

#115 11 years ago

With all due respect, yesterday is gone for a reason. It's time is past. You guys are pretty clever, do something new. Make history, don't recycle it.

#116 11 years ago

Breast of luck, Dennis.

Kim

#117 11 years ago

Well, Dennis, as you see, there are AT LEAST 100 buyers on this forum alone. If the price is right, I think 250-500 easy would not be a problem.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My vote is for Elvira's haunted house. Oh and through a few zombies in there and you've hit everything on my pin dream list.

I'm in for this!!! ^^^

#119 11 years ago

This theme is not for me, next please.

#120 11 years ago

DENNIS---------Zombies+Monsters w/ Elvira === MY money$$$$
    Enough said!!!

#122 11 years ago

DENNIS---------Zombies+Monsters w/ Elvira === MY money$$$$
    Enough said!!!

hell ya and maybe 2

#123 11 years ago

No Dennis, that would suck! That means I have to save my money and buy another NIB game. Okay...okay! As long as it incorporates all of the things you mentioned earlier (zombies, UFOs, haunted house features, etc).......I'm in. Plus, a great toy as well. No...not those toys!!! But only if you promise to sign one of my man boobs when I pick up the game. OMG....There might be a chance Dennis Nordman will respond to this post (giggling like a school girl at a Justin Bieber concert)

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

With all due respect, yesterday is gone for a reason. It's time is past. You guys are pretty clever, do something new. Make history, don't recycle it.

Personally, I'd rather buy an original-themed horror/haunted pin than yet another superhero, music band, movie theme machine.

This is the first "boutique" pin theme that REALLY interests me.

#125 11 years ago

As long as Stern doesn't make it, I'm definitely interested!

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Personally, I'd rather buy an original-themed horror/haunted pin than yet another superhero, music band, movie theme machine.
    This is the first "boutique" pin theme that REALLY interests me.

no doubt, sick of seeing superhero/movie based pins. i understand the theme helps sell them, but something original would be a really nice change

#127 11 years ago

I didnt vote.......

Yes I definitely would like a new Elivra based machine... Scared Stiff was the first machine I purchased and is responsible for getting me into this hobby.

Having said that, my wife would probably not let me buy one for my house.... she is looking for more kid friendly themes.

However, I would dump a ton of money into a new machine though, so I say go for it!

I agree above that that having her as part of an overall monsters/haunted house type theme might be best.... kind of like Monster Bash... all the mosters share the spotlight... If you could somehow combine Haunted House with Scared Stiff. I will buy (and sneak it into my house)

#128 11 years ago

The possibilities are endless with the b-movie horror theme really...

Elvira_-_Mistress_of_the_Dark.gifElvira_-_Mistress_of_the_Dark.gif Elvira_-_MoDBy.gifElvira_-_MoDBy.gif Elvira_-_MoDTarantula.gifElvira_-_MoDTarantula.gif

#129 11 years ago

Elvira? Original? Maybe 30 years ago. Obviously she's VERY popular and I'm clearly in the minority, but is this the best idea out there? A "campy" retread? What's next, another KISS pin? Why not Charo?

How about a Black Widow theme? Hot chick, spider/zombie babe metamorphosis, etc. dark, but dark humour too. Use Anne Hathaway. Now THAT works.

#130 11 years ago

Would it carry the Whizbang brand or a different one?

Chris

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How about a Black Widow theme? Hot chick, spider/zombie babe metamorphosis, etc. dark, but dark humour too. Use Anne Hathaway. Now THAT works.

I love Anne Hathaway too... but Elvira rules!

Yep - I would love to see that pin - even if I am not a SS lover: I prefer EATPM.
    But probably can't afford it, so I would have to convince rich friends around...

#132 11 years ago

I would consider one... & a Three Stooges one too!

#133 11 years ago

Elvira and the Creatures of the Dead: with guess appearances buy the Cryptkeeper, Pinhead, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, Chucky, Michael Meyers, Pumpkinhead, Dracula, Mummies, hidden episodes of Tales from The Darkside, TZ, etc. A tribute to the old classic horror characters/shows which started the industry. At least it's better than another comic movie pin. I am waiting for a true original themed pin to come out but probably not likely to happen because it’s harder to market and don't get the big bucks for it. I heard JJP will make one eventually. On a side note anyone remember the blond hair girl named Ronda Shear who hosted the cheesy movies on USA and would say up all night. Kind of reminds me like an Elvira of movies as well.

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Sorry guys. I like big milky boobs and decolletage as much as the next guy, but for the amount of time, energy and money that goes into a new pin I think it should be directed towards a theme that; a) isn't a one note joke from the 80s (sorry, just never did much for me), and; b) doesn't already have two other machines.

I voted "yes", but that's damn-near impossible to disagree with.

#135 11 years ago

You and that Freres guy know me well enough that I'd sell a kidney on ebay to see this game done! Hell... I'd even drink another Pabst or something.

Charlie
    http://www.spookypinball.com

#136 11 years ago

What Charlie said

J

#137 11 years ago

Imagine a mix of Nellie with her juicy melons with Elvira and call that pin "Melons from the crypt"

#138 11 years ago

Ah, I should have mentioned this. We are talking full blown modern game. Elvira is one character in this adventure game. Could be zombies, could be UFOs, could be monsters, could be Hello Kitty.

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I would consider one... & a Three Stooges one too!

Dennis would do a great job with the Three Stooges theme. The funny images & sounds...perfect for pinball.

#140 11 years ago

I am in!!!!!!!

#141 11 years ago

Talk about a dream post. I'll start saving now. The idea of Elvira humor, current hot subject matter like zombies, Greg, and Dennis sounds to good to be true.

#142 11 years ago

I would be into this..what price point are you looking at?

#143 11 years ago

Raul likes haunted house style idea , Trap doors , haunted staircase ect

Mark-of-Raul.jpgMark-of-Raul.jpg Mark-of-Raul.jpgMark-of-Raul.jpg

#144 11 years ago

For less than $5K, I'm in, for more than $5K, I'm out...Guess who came up with that limit. Your first clue is...NOT ME!

#145 11 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

No Dennis, that would suck! That means I have to save my money and buy another NIB game. Okay...okay! As long as it incorporates all of the things you mentioned earlier (zombies, UFOs, haunted house features, etc).......I'm in. Plus, a great toy as well. No...not those toys!!! But only if you promise to sign one of my man boobs when I pick up the game. OMG....There might be a chance Dennis Nordman will respond to this post (giggling like a school girl at a Justin Bieber concert)

I might respond, and then again, I might not.

We'll have to ask Elvira what toys she would like to see...

#146 11 years ago

Yeah...if it's gonna be one of them fancy boo-teek machines for $10k...I'm sadly out...

#147 11 years ago
    Quoted from Old_Hutch:

For less than $5K, I'm in, for more than $5K, I'm out...

I'm not saying it couldn't be under 5K, however with where the market is currently I think you should think higher then 5K. I know Skit are going against that trend but at the end of the day the demand is up and the prices are following.

#148 11 years ago

I understand that there are people that won't be excited about an Elvira theme, and that's fine, you can't attract everyone. But, Monster Bash is old monsters, and Farsight and Pinball Arcade are full of old titles. We won't be rehashing EATPM or SS. It would be trendy and now.
    Just tryin' to get you on our side.

So you're thinking of something like "Elvira's Bible Adventures" then? I'm in!

"I say, I say, that's a joke son."

#149 11 years ago

no, I don't like hot, funny women. : (37 votes)
    21 %
    Who is Elvira? : (9 votes)
    5 %
    Who is Greg and Dennis? : (6 votes)
    3 %
    171 Votes

WHAT? Its called google folks. Does this mean 52 people were joking with there vote?

#150 11 years ago

So the next poll should be (if you're serious), "What's the MAX you would pay for an Elvira machine?" I think at $5-6K, pretty much everyone is in. I'd imagine you'd start seeing a lot of drop off around $7-8K.

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.