7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg

There are 1199 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
    #1101 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

With the LCD in play I think a cartoon type look like AS has would be awesome. Do people prefer that look or original show clips.

I think the LCD should be AS type animations, but if you can beat the wizard mode a real life video of Elvira pops up there and flashes you! (o)(o)

#1102 2 years ago

1 month later
    #1103 2 years ago

How soon y'all think this is coming? This year?

#1104 2 years ago

More likely first release next year. Maybe announced this year, but not shipped.

#1105 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

More likely first release next year. Maybe announced this year, but not shipped.

I think this is spot on. We might hear something around christmas.

It would be great to hear some details etc but i doubt it.

#1106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

I think this is spot on. We might hear something around christmas.
    It would be great to hear some details etc but i doubt it.

I would say you are probably right, but wouldn't it be perfect to release it around Halloween, which is only about 3 months away? Hmm.....

#1107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would say you are probably right, but wouldn't it be perfect to release it around Halloween, which is only about 3 months away? Hmm.....

This would be a good idea on Sterns behalf.
    If this were the case i definitely need to get my savings into gear!

#1108 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ummm ... that would require marketing savvy. This is Stern we are talking about.

#1109 2 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

This would be a good idea on Sterns behalf.
    If this were the case i definitely need to get my savings into gear!

Same here because Elvira is definitely a must buy for me and my next pin unless they screw it up badly. This game really needs to be special. If it is they are going to sell a bunch of them!

#1110 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Ummm ... that would require marketing savvy. This is Stern we are talking about.

I know I know, but lets pretend everything is going to go perfect!

#1111 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here because Elvira is definitely a must buy for me and my next pin unless they screw it up badly. This game really needs to be special. If it is they are going to sell a bunch of them!

When first confirmed, an Elvira LE was a "must buy" for me. But continuing problems with code and build quality on recent titles, as well as the stunning cash grab on Batman and Star Wars LEs have caused me to reconsider.

It may make more sense to skip the LE, skip the initial order all together and just wait and see how Elvira 3 plays out before buying. E3 should be a good seller, but a stripped down Elvira isn't going to do it for me ...

#1112 2 years ago

Elvira....and stripped down.......that would do it for plenty of others

#1113 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Elvira....and stripped down.......that would do it for plenty of others

I had to put a double entendre in an Elvira thread ...

#1114 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

When first confirmed, an Elvira LE was a "must buy" for me. But continuing problems with code and build quality on recent titles, as well as the stunning cash grab on Batman and Star Wars LEs have caused me to reconsider. It may make more sense to skip the LE, skip the initial order all together and just wait and see how Elvira 3 plays out before buying. E3 should be a good seller, but a stripped down Elvira isn't going to do it for me ...

Excellent idea, everyone needs to follow this! That way it will make it easier for me to get an LE I wonder though if they will ever try an SLE again or of that was a one off test case.

#1115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Excellent idea, everyone needs to follow this! That way it will make it easier for me to get an LE I wonder though if they will ever try an SLE again or of that was a one off test case.

I said it may make more sense to skip the LE. That doesn't mean I'm smart enough to take my own advice.

#1116 2 years ago

An Elvira 3 LE with a REAL backglass featuring artwork by Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti could be awesome!

#1117 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

An Elvira 3 LE with a REAL backglass featuring artwork by Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti could be awesome!

Doubt this will happen. Dennis and Greg have always worked together on the Elvira pins.

#1118 2 years ago

I have Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff. One being a system 11 and pretty loaded playfield for thar era. The other a wpc95 which is also loaded with fun stuff. I'm very scared that Stern will create another Zizzle and the Elvira series will come crashing down. Come on Stern, up your game. Let's do this.

#1119 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I'm perfectly happy with a REAL backglass drawn by Greg Freres on this.

#1120 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I have Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff. One being a system 11 and pretty loaded playfield for thar era. The other a wpc95 which is also loaded with fun stuff. I'm very scared that Stern will create another Zizzle and the Elvira series will come crashing down. Come on Stern, up your game. Let's do this.

Stern has been putting out awesome games. I say keep doing what they are doing. Maybe up their game on some really cool playfield toys for this one because it needs to have awesome toys.

#1121 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

It may make more sense to skip the LE, skip the initial order all together and just wait and see how Elvira 3 plays out before buying.

Oh but that's not the way it's done here on Pinside you know that.

#1122 2 years ago

Dennis and Greg will most certainly not let us down on this fUtUrE cLaSsIc, I'm sure of it!
    (Unless Gary sees the robust "triple-R" BOM first of course... )

#1123 2 years ago

Based on how they treated Star Wars I'm setting my expectations very low. Also pretty sure Zombi Yetti is working on the rumored Slayer pin. Which is a bummer because He's my fav artist at the moment. I would have loved to see what he'd had done with Elvira.

Hope its going to be good, but they burned me bad on Star wars. I'm skeptical.

#1124 2 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

Based on how they treated Star Wars I'm setting my expectations very low. Also pretty sure Zombi Yetti is working on the rumored Slayer pin. Which is a bummer because He's my fav artist at the moment. I would have loved to see what he'd had done with Elvira.
    Hope its going to be good, but they burned me bad on Star wars. I'm skeptical.

How did you get burned? I think SW is pretty damn cool myself, but if you don't like it just keep your money and pass on it and wait and see what comes out next. Not a big deal really. If I was a SW fan though I'd buy one for sure.

#1125 2 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

Based on how they treated Star Wars I'm setting my expectations very low.

Ditto. However, I'm hoping that Dennis (and Greg) are designing the game and Stern is just manufacturing it. I want to see what Dennis, Greg and Cassandra want - not what Stern thinks they should do.

Elvira 3 is money in the bank for Stern from me. Unless they manage to screw it up.

#1126 2 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm perfectly happy with a REAL backglass drawn by Greg Freres on this.

Exactly! That's non-negotiable IMHO. If it's not Greg and Dennis its not a true trilogy. That doesn't mean it couldn't be great, but com on, man!! How anyone could think that anybody but Greg should do the artwork is beyond me.

#1127 2 years ago

Dp

#1128 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Ditto. However, I'm hoping that Dennis (and Greg) are designing the game and Stern is just manufacturing it.

So if its a whiz bang design do you think Dennis amd Greg will be just design one version or will it follow the pro, premium, LE model Stern likes?

#1129 2 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

So if its a whiz bang design do you think Dennis amd Greg will be just design one version or will it follow the pro, premium, LE model Stern likes?

My guess is that they do two versions - a "Premium" and an LE, where the LE is additional bling, not playfield features. Maybe a special base (coffin?) like on Nellie and a real backglass.

I don't think we will see a typical Stern Pro/Premium/LE model and that it will be more like Batman where there is no Pro, partly because I see Elvira being more of a niche/collector title than a game that will be a huge route title.

#1130 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I see Elvira being more of a niche/collector title than a game that will be a huge route title.

I have a spot I would definitely route a pro, I don't think I'd route a premium, not at $7k+ anyway. I hope they do a pro, not having a pro may keep me from picking this one up.

#1131 2 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I have a spot I would definitely route a pro, I don't think I'd route a premium, not at $7k+ anyway. I hope they do a pro, not having a pro may keep me from picking this one up.

I have absolutely no inside info on this one, so my comment was strictly a guess.

#1132 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I have absolutely no inside info on this one, so my comment was strictly a guess.

I figured as much, but one could make a good argument for what you said. Time will tell

#1133 2 years ago

I vote to go get Dave Christensen and have him draw her

1 week later
    #1134 2 years ago

IIRC, Dennis was asked last fall if this was going to be a joint WhizBang-Stern product like Nellie. He said no, it would be a regular Stern release.

IIRC.......

#1135 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

regular Stern release.

One thing we know for sure: this pin will feature lots of "GHOST_ing_S"...

#1136 2 years ago

And TIlTS....
    ....that's tilts!

#1137 2 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

One version.

#1138 2 years ago

No pro= no buy for me

#1139 2 years ago

If I don't have the opportunity to submit a video explaining why I deserve to own one, I think I'm out--too!

#1140 2 years ago

Coming soon. Ok soon could be this year, next year who knows?

el (resized).jpg

#1141 2 years ago

I love the Elvira series. But there are two reasons I'm not getting Elvira 3.

1. Stern

The other is I want my pinballs to have:

Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg

#1142 2 years ago

ell (resized).jpg

#1143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

How did you get burned? I think SW is pretty damn cool myself, but if you don't like it just keep your money and pass on it and wait and see what comes out next. Not a big deal really. If I was a SW fan though I'd buy one for sure.

I am a Star Wars fan, and was 100% planning to buy one. I was VERY excited to throw money at them and get a Star Wars pin. Then the reveal came, and I was devastatingly underwhelmed. If you sat me down the day before, and had me make a list of all the things I wanted to see in a star wars pin, Stern would have not gotten a single thing right on my list.

last week I got to actually see the pin in person at San Diego Comic Con and play it quite a bit. And while some things I realized I was overly harsh on (like the art package) weren't AS BAD as I thought.... The game is still a stripped-down budget machine with no special features and a higher than ever price tag. It's also boring to boot, has major code problems, and the scoop eject is really problematic.

aaaaanyway... I am cautiously optimistic about an Elvira machine. and in preporation to my Joy/disapointment, heres my bullet point list of wants and don't wants:

WANT!

- Original hand drawn artwork on the playfield. (NOT photoshopped paint-overs from her movies, like star wars did...)

- Original hand drawn backglass art (real backglass would be nice, but honestly, as long as its not a photo, or paint over)

- TONS of callbacks from Elvira being hilariously inappropriate.

- At least a few spooky sculpted plastic art features on the playfield, or large feature like the snake ramp in SS, or skull mouth on party monsters. Stern has been using fewer and fewer I have noticed. Weird in the age of 3D printing...

- A few different multi-ball modes.

- Scripted 'moments' like "the stiff in the coffin" or "Monster multiball" from scared stiff. Something that pauses and adds a little narrative to the game, rewards you for accomplishing something. (Star Wars has NONE of this)

- Wizard mode in the code day 1. (star Wars will just go black and stop working if you beat all the modes right now)

- Same mini LCD screen Star Wars has But framed to look like Elviras TV set. (That screen is actually cool to have, one of SW's only good features)

- Would nice to see a return of the Deadheads, and the Frogs.

DO NOT WANT!!

- Bad flash animation on the big LCD like Aerosmith has. They look like a Metallocalipse cover band, and that Font is re-used from Austin Powers... So bad...

- Any photos in the art package, and painted over photos in the art package...

- Incredibly bright flashers and strobes designed to blind you (I'm looking at you 'Walking Dead'.... er... trying to.)

- the theme to try and be 'updated' for a hip young crowd. Art looking like stylized 'Bratz' artwork, crap like that.

- another Ghostbusters sized flipper Gap. (unless it also includes a center post)

- A scoop on the left or right that shoots the ball to the opposite side's flipper.

as for price, if they do an even average job with this machine I will drop huge cash on it. If they pull a Star wars and hit almost nothing on that want list? screw it. I'll just buy a Scared Stiff instead.

#1144 2 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

I am a Star Wars fan, and was 100% planning to buy one. I was VERY excited to throw money at them and get a Star Wars pin. Then the reveal came, and I was devastatingly underwhelmed. If you sat me down the day before, and had me make a list of all the things I wanted to see in a star wars pin, Stern would have not gotten a single thing right on my list.
    last week I got to actually see the pin in person at San Diego Comic Con and play it quite a bit. And while some things I realized I was overly harsh on (like the art package) weren't AS BAD as I thought.... The game is still a stripped-down budget machine with no special features and a higher than ever price tag. It's also boring to boot, has major code problems, and the scoop eject is really problematic.
    aaaaanyway... I am cautiously optimistic about an Elvira machine. and in preporation to my Joy/disapointment, heres my bullet point list of wants and don't wants:
    WANT!
    - Original hand drawn artwork on the playfield. (NOT photoshopped paint-overs from her movies, like star wars did...)
    - Original hand drawn backglass art (real backglass would be nice, but honestly, as long as its not a photo, or paint over)
    - TONS of callbacks from Elvira being hilariously inappropriate.
    - At least a few spooky sculpted plastic art features on the playfield, or large feature like the snake ramp in SS, or skull mouth on party monsters. Stern has been using fewer and fewer I have noticed. Weird in the age of 3D printing...
    - A few different multi-ball modes.
    - Scripted 'moments' like "the stiff in the coffin" or "Monster multiball" from scared stiff. Something that pauses and adds a little narrative to the game, rewards you for accomplishing something. (Star Wars has NONE of this)
    - Wizard mode in the code day 1. (star Wars will just go black and stop working if you beat all the modes right now)
    - Same mini LCD screen Star Wars has But framed to look like Elviras TV set. (That screen is actually cool to have, one of SW's only good features)
    - Would nice to see a return of the Deadheads, and the Frogs.
    DO NOT WANT!!
    - Bad flash animation on the big LCD like Aerosmith has. They look like a Metallocalipse cover band, and that Font is re-used from Austin Powers... So bad...
    - Any photos in the art package, and painted over photos in the art package...
    - Incredibly bright flashers and strobes designed to blind you (I'm looking at you 'Walking Dead'.... er... trying to.)
    - the theme to try and be 'updated' for a hip young crowd. Art looking like stylized 'Bratz' artwork, crap like that.
    - another Ghostbusters sized flipper Gap. (unless it also includes a center post)
    - A scoop on the left or right that shoots the ball to the opposite side's flipper.
    as for price, if they do an even average job with this machine I will drop huge cash on it. If they pull a Star wars and hit almost nothing on that want list? screw it. I'll just buy a Scared Stiff instead.

I agree with everything you said except the AS animations. Great list you put together though and I hope someone from Stern sees your post!

#1145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I love the Elvira series. But there are two reasons I'm not getting Elvira 3.
    1. Stern
    The other is I want my pinballs to have:

How about clear coat chipping off the playfields, are you ok with that?

#1146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

How about clear coat chipping off the playfields, are you ok with that?

100% not ok with it. It has to stop. My Addams Gold, Monster Bash, etc... are all over 20 years old and don't have playfeld issues.

#1147 2 years ago

I know scarybeard will be pleasantly surprised with this game.

#1148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

100% not ok with it. It has to stop. My Addams Gold, Monster Bash, etc... are all over 20 years old and don't have playfeld issues.

#1149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Because they are made of quality Baltic birch plywood not balsa wood !

#1150 2 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Because they are made of quality Baltic birch plywood not balsa wood !

Is Baltic birch plywood not available anymore?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 219.00
    $ 26.95
    $ 199.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 89.99
    $ 42.00
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 85.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 1199 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside