Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.
    #1051 6 years ago

Oh my god both of you. Get a room! (Pm each other)

#1052 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

HA!

#1053 6 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

No, I actually use your posts as proof. Would you like for me to quote them for you? I know you are just getting use to using things like forums.

No, you're acting childish.

For the THIRD time, back to Elvira.

Let's see if you can resist the juvenile temptation to get the last word.

#1054 6 years ago

What is everyone hoping for out of this game? I'm kind of torn. I'd love a completely fresh take, but at the same time I wouldn't hate kind of an all star version of the previous 2 games.

#1055 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

What is everyone hoping for out of this game? I'm kind of torn. I'd love a completely fresh take, but at the same time I wouldn't hate kind of an all star version of the previous 2 games.

I'm hoping for something with enough depth that it's worth keeping. I loved owning EATPM and Scared Stiff, two of my all time favorites, but I'm not running a museum, games gotta earn their keep with gameplay. EATPM is a System 11, pass for being simple, but Scared Stiff just got old. When you're hitting the wizard mode twice in one game and you're not that amazing of a player it's an issue, especially when there's really no way to approach it differently.

And no, I never got Spider Multiball. I never really tried, shooting the scoop and trying to time the spider spin isn't compelling enough to do over and over.

If I had room I'd have kept them both, but when it came time to be ruthless about space both ended up leaving.

They're arcade era games, it's not a knock on them, but for the money if you're not catering to the home collector now I'm not a buyer.

#1056 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

No, you're acting childish.
    For the THIRD time, back to Elvira.
    Let's see if you can resist the juvenile temptation to get the last word.

It is to fun messing with you!

#1057 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping for something with enough depth that it's worth keeping. I loved owning EATPM and Scared Stiff, two of my all time favorites, but I'm not running a museum, games gotta earn their keep with gameplay. EATPM is a System 11, pass for being simple, but Scared Stiff just got old. When you're hitting the wizard mode twice in one game and you're not that amazing of a player it's an issue, especially when there's really no way to approach it differently.
    And no, I never got Spider Multiball. I never really tried, shooting the scoop and trying to time the spider spin isn't compelling enough to do over and over.
    If I had room I'd have kept them both, but when it came time to be ruthless about space both ended up leaving.
    They're arcade era games, it's not a knock on them, but for the money if you're not catering to the home collector now I'm not a buyer.

I think deeper code these days is just a given. Hopefully they can do some creative new things with it. It hasn't been announced who would be on the code yet has it?

#1058 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Neither has used "I'm rubber, you're glue..." yet, so I'm afraid they're not done yet.

Quoted from jgentry:

What is everyone hoping for out of this game?

Scared Stiff is my absolute favorite pin. It's gorgeous to look at and fun to play. A new Elvira game from Stern should make the best use possible of the new LCD screen with plenty of video clips of Elvira. But the more the new game resembles Scared Stiff the less likely I will want one.

#1059 6 years ago

With the LCD in play I think a cartoon type look like AS has would be awesome. Do people prefer that look or original show clips.

#1060 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Neither has used "I'm rubber, you're glue..." yet, so I'm afraid they're not done yet.

I'll up vote that.

#1061 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

With the LCD in play I think a cartoon type look like AS has would be awesome. Do people prefer that look or original show clips.

I would like the cartoon look with a classic feel to it carried over from the previous two games.

#1062 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I think you'd have a lot more creative freedom with animation vs show clips. My vote would be for the animation.

#1063 6 years ago

I just hope it doesn't feel like the lastest Stern games, when it comes to materials, otherwise I am not sure I will buy one.

#1064 6 years ago

Although Cassandra is beautiful for 65, I think she's probably past getting dressed up in the Elvira costume to record some new footage for the LCD. However, if they animate it, she can lend her voice, and I think everyone would happy with the results. The alternative would be to show stock clips from her old TV show or movie, and I think nobody wants too much of that.

#1065 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I was hoping JJP was doing it. I have EATPM and SS. Two great games. I just feel based on the last set of games out by Stern, it's going to be a huge letdown.

#1066 6 years ago

New Elvira game? It's a No Brainer!

5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg

#1067 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Although Cassandra is beautiful for 65, I think she's probably past getting dressed up in the Elvira costume to record some new footage for the LCD. However, if they animate it, she can lend her voice, and I think everyone would happy with the results. The alternative would be to show stock clips from her old TV show or movie, and I think nobody wants too much of that.

I think it still could be done, possibly. Her face is still pretty pure, which is sort of unbelievable really. Now, dressing up and appearing in person somewhere live - that is one thing. But creating a video - you can make things appear sometimes as they really aren't in real life. A professional setup with makeup and carefully constructed costume with a pro videographer could pull it off!

#1068 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I think it still could be done, possibly. Her face is still pretty pure, which is sort of unbelievable really. Now, dressing up and appearing in person somewhere live - that is one thing. But creating a video - you can make things appear sometimes as they really aren't in real life. A professional setup with makeup and carefully constructed costume with a pro videographer could pull it off!

(edit - a picture slipped in there that didn't belong)

#1069 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I was hoping JJP was doing it. I have EATPM and SS. Two great games. I just feel based on the last set of games out by Stern, it's going to be a huge letdown.

Would tend to agree, but we can hope something changes.

#1070 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

People look at her face?

#1071 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I think deeper code these days is just a given. Hopefully they can do some creative new things with it. It hasn't been announced who would be on the code yet has it?

Lyman

#1072 6 years ago

People look at her face?

Well, I am not about to confess anything, but if you looks at my little avatar picture thingie over there you might see that there is a certain theme I like in my pinball machines. These features are highly present in two of my machines, bringing together the blonde on Bon Voyage and the redhead on Strikes and Spares. And seeing as I DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE AN ELVIRA MACHINE, I have an incomplete trio

#1073 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

You wanted it delivered to you in 2020?

#1074 6 years ago

Just in case I have not made it clear, here is my home arcade signage. I so desperately need an Elvira machine. Expectations are low - only need two things from it....
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).pngsign jims arcade sm (resized).png

#1075 6 years ago

Anyone got any idea on a release date? This fall? Next spring?

#1076 6 years ago

He will be busy working on BM66.

#1077 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Although Cassandra is beautiful for 65, I think she's probably past getting dressed up in the Elvira costume to record some new footage for the LCD. However, if they animate it, she can lend her voice, and I think everyone would happy with the results.

She was developing an animated series. It that happens they could base the game art/video on that.

http://ihorror.com/elvira-will-return-in-animated-television-series

Quoted from xsvtoys:

A professional setup with makeup and carefully constructed costume with a pro videographer could pull it off!

You can do a lot with good makeup. I thought the "de-aged" Kurt Russel in Guardians of the Galaxy was created via CGI. However it was about 90% makeup. Very impressive work.

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2017/05/10/guardians-of-galaxy-2-young-ego-kurt-russell/

#1078 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flato:

Early next year/Spring is my guess.

#1079 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You could say the same about code and Stern games, so there is that as well.

#1080 6 years ago

It's going to need one decked out BOM to make it feel right. Basically the polar opposite of what Stern has been doing lately.

Otherwise, its just going to be an injustice to the theme.

Lyman rumors on code I've heard too, hope that ends up true (after he's allowed to properly finish BM66) but ya the toys and light show need to be top notch to do this right. I'm excited to have all 3 together in the game room. A trio of fun to play and look at Let's hope they don't cost cut it into mediocrity.

#1081 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Let's hope they don't cost cut it into mediocrity.

EXACTLY!

#1082 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

For me theme is the most important part of a pin which is why I love the Elvira pins, I have both and have no intention of ever selling either. But what really helps make it easy to keep both, in my opinion, is that Scared Stiff and Party Monsters play so completely different that they can both sit comfortable side by side. So for the third Elvira pin my main hope is that they differentiate it from the first two Elvira pins. I'm sure it'll be different than Party Monsters, but I'm hoping its also somehow far different from Scared stiff. Aside from the large lcd being a differentiator, I wouldn't mind new toys like the magna slings being used since that will make it play different than the past two. Maybe a split level playfield, a ball launch like on the new Aerosmith, a video mode like on the new Star Wars, i dunno, just thinking aloud. Ideally I'd love it if I could have all three side by side and they all play different. My main fear is that they will botch the art package, that's such a huge part of it for me but I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.

#1083 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

For me theme is the most important part of a pin which is why I love the Elvira pins, I have both and have no intention of ever selling either. But what really helps make it easy to keep both, in my opinion, is that Scared Stiff and Party Monsters play so completely different that they can both sit comfortable side by side. So for the third Elvira pin my main hope is that they differentiate it from the first two Elvira pins. I'm sure it'll be different than Party Monsters, but I'm hoping its also somehow far different from Scared stiff. Aside from the large lcd being a differentiator, I wouldn't mind new toys like the magna slings being used since that will make it play different than the past two. Maybe a split level playfield, a ball launch like on the new Aerosmith, a video mode like on the new Star Wars, i dunno, just thinking aloud. Ideally I'd love it if I could have all three side by side and they all play different. My main fear is that they will botch the art package, that's such a huge part of it for me but I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.

Hey given that you have two, will you sell me one of them?

Kidding. I agree with what you said about the art package. Please don't mess that up.

#1084 6 years ago

You could say the same about code and Stern games, so there is that as well.

At least with Stern you have something to flip in the meantime besides your tool!

#1085 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

My main fear is that they will botch the art package, that's such a huge part of it for me but I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Greg Freres was on art, the same person that did the first two. So I am pretty confident the art will be good.

#1086 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

At least with Stern you have something to flip in the meantime besides your tool!

Perhaps. However, without quality code some might have more fun flipping their tool.

#1087 6 years ago

How did this turn into JJP vs stern?

Why can't some of you people just like pinball and be happy that you have options. The JJP people are every bit as annoying as the stern lovers. There's about 5 people on each side that turn every thread into this.

#1088 6 years ago

Perhaps a bit of hypnosis is in order?

IMG_5832 (resized).pngIMG_5832 (resized).png

"Allll pinball is GOOD...Allll pinball is GOOD..."

#1089 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flato:

Probably Texas showing in March.

#1090 6 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Greg Freres was on art, the same person that did the first two. So I am pretty confident the art will be good.

Correctamundo

#1091 6 years ago

I'm not worried about the art to be honest. I think they will knock it out of the park as they have on the last 2.
    I'm more worried about how much stern will dictate the toys on the playfield. I wont be interested if it ends up a boring, barren playfield just because stern has cut the guys back on what they can use etc

I want to see something new and different and i have no doubt that Dennis and Greg will try their best to deliver it, as they are just as big a fans as the rest of us.

#1092 6 years ago

Hey gang, we've had some reports that there is an excessive amount of back and forth bickering going on in this thread the last two pages.

I'm about to be out of pocket for a few hours, so rather than rushing in and moderating someone without reading the entire exchange (and risk being wrong because I rushed), I'm just simply going to ask that the back and forth bickering (if there is in fact any that is not good natured) be taken to PM.

Enjoy yalls Friday night. I'm off to Bourbon Street.

#1093 6 years ago

To try and help get on track I'll tell you why Elvira as a theme still excites me, even though I've already owned versions of it twice.

It's one of the rare licenses where you don't know what's coming. With Star Wars or Alien or Ghostbusters or whatever they can all be great games, with licenses you love, but you kind of already know what you want and what you'll get. There's gonna be the "game over man!" quote, and we're going to hear "use the force" and there's the Ray Parker theme, and it's all kind of fun and familiar. Nothing wrong with that, people would be disappointed to not get those things, but it's like a comfy t-shirt. It's broken in and and feels good, but it's not really exciting to put on, you don't think about it when you grab it from your drawer.

I have no clue what to expect this time. I assume LCD screen, and presumably that means show clips or whatever to help fill the content bucket, but the actual theme of the game? Who knows? Haunted house? Monster hunting? A best of B-movies hits?

But you do know there's gonna be innuendo, and yes, boobs, and it's gonna have that campy horror vibe that I love so much. The foundation feels solid, it's just that I don't know what exploring the house will feel like yet. And that's a rare thing in this world of licenses where you feel familiar with the game before you've even played it.

#1094 6 years ago

If it truly is Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, and Lyman this really could be incredible. I'm not looking forward to what stern is going to think it's worth, but that is one group of epic pinball people. I love Ritchie and Borg, but Dennis is by far my favorite designer, so creative and different with each game.

#1095 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I want quality not quanity!!!

#1096 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If it truly is Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, and Lyman this really could be incredible.

When mnpinball leaks I listen.

#1097 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

When mnpinball leaks I listen.

I've been away from posting to pinside. A subtle tidbit here and there.

House of Horrors. It's out there.

#1098 6 years ago

A Elvira haunted house theme sounds awesome

#1099 6 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I've been away from posting to pinside. A subtle tidbit here and there.
    House of Horrors. It's out there.

I can't like this idea enough!

#1100 6 years ago

I want the game to have enough nods to the first two both in camp and gameplay (maybe the left lock shot?). It absolutely has to have some crazy loopy dippy ramps, boobs, double entendres, cartoony art. It needs to look like it fits with the other two but it needs to be a much deeper game and make great use of video assets. It needs a lot of Cassandra custom voice work.

Stern needs to let Greg and Dennis alone and not hamper them with "here are the toys you can do (or can't)". I'd love to see the toy chest from Areosmith repurposed - using the ball launch into a crate/coffin would be awesome.

If Lyman is indeed doing software - wow! That's an unexpected bonus.

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/22?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.