Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.
    #51 11 years ago

I'm speaking for Honch too....

#52 11 years ago

Dennis, Greg,

You guys should do themes you guys want to do. If someone has a beef with a new Elvira title, tough. They need to make their own titles.

#53 11 years ago

Dennis making another Elvira?!?! Break a leg Dennis! Oh wait......

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

boo!!

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

I've been think about Bathwater or Dishwater.

Elvira's Bathwater, then. Kills two birds with one stone.

#56 11 years ago

Ah, I should have mentioned this. We are talking full blown modern game. Elvira is one character in this adventure game. Could be zombies, could be UFOs, could be monsters, could be Hello Kitty.

Oh hell you should have started this thread mentioning hello kitty.... Sign me up

#57 11 years ago

Well...not yet Greg and I would like to know how many people would be seriously interested in buying a new Elvira themed pinball game. We love the Elvira character and would love to design a new pinball adventure for her.
    Some have argued that Elvira is to old for a new pingame. But we disagree, Elvira is a "character", the game is not about Cassandra, who is still hot by the way. Imagine how Dorothy from WOZ looks now. Or even Capt. Kirk or Spock.
    The Elvira character is great for introducing new adventures with lots of humor. We really wanna' do this!
    Dennis (and Greg)

Holy crap yes! SS is one of my favorite pins, with superb humor...and this Nordman dude is one of my favorite designers.

There were prior threads on this subject when there was rumor that a Elvira themed pin would be JJP's second pin. I was completely in support of it then, and I'd love to see you and Greg pick it up now.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Quoted from davewtf:

Elvira's Bathwater, then. Kills two birds with one stone.

You guys are killin' me!

#60 11 years ago

"Get it in there"

#61 11 years ago

i'm in, but something new, not a part two of something already done, something new, fresh!
    put zombie in there somewhere and boom instant sale!

i'm so tired of music pin or super hero... please make this happen!

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i'm in, but something new, not a part two of something already done, something new, fresh!
    put zombie in there somewhere and boom instant sale!

Good thinkin' there, beatmaster! Nice braiiiiins!

#63 11 years ago

non-fan layout? yes
    whimsical humor? yes
    double entendre? yes
    original artwork? yes, yes!
    a feast for the eyes? yes, yes, yes!

Elvira? --meh--

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I voted no. Not because the previous games aren't good, or that Elvira is/was not an interesting character, it's that pinball would be better served by going forward.
    So.... NEW pinball, Yes!
    Senior citizen lady who had her day..... respectfully, no.

Understood and accepted. But remember, it's not about a senior citizen (hey! I'm one of those!) it's about a cool, vampy, campy character that we can create any environment and modern story that we want. Consider, Monster Bash- old monsters, WOZ-old story, AC/DC, Rolling Stones - old men, X-Men-old story, Avengers- old story, Twilight Zone and Adams Family - old stories and old people.

Just sayin'.

#65 11 years ago

Ya just can't argue with fact!

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

Amen to that...what a rut Stern is in. Enough of the over priced cheaply built comic book super hero crap. Also kinda like baseball card subsets.....you want that pin in Pro, Elite, LE, Super Elite LE, Tall, Vente, Grande? Jeez....just build the damn pin already.

A good haunted house/monster/zombie/Elvira theme would be an instant hit, especially with Dennis and Greg at the helm. Go boys go.......

#67 11 years ago

Everyone keeps saying its such an old theme for old people, I am pretty sure the people that can afford NIB pins aren't 22 year olds.

#68 11 years ago

What HE said!

#69 11 years ago

Would be cool to do it like a nostalgic treasure hunt; like a more in depth Taxi mixed with Monster Bash. Break everyone out of the zombie nursing home

Start with Elvira and the Macabre mobile break out other undead passengers maybe have each passenger be timed via making a combo shot or successful ramp shots and if they "expire" they go back to the home and have to be rescued again. Once the car is full you can break out and start multiball maybe get to the Party? . I'd love to see another multiball like in I500 where you need to load it up and make the shots to get the super jackpot.

-c

Understood and accepted. But remember, it's not about a senior citizen (hey! I'm one of those!) it's about a cool, vampy, campy character that we can create any environment and modern story that we want. Consider, Monster Bash- old monsters, WOZ-old story, AC/DC, Rolling Stones - old men, X-Men-old story, Avengers- old story, Twilight Zone and Adams Family - old stories and old people.
    Just sayin'.

#70 11 years ago

Dennis - dependent on the feedback you get from this forum & any other sources you may have consulted; do you plan to get back with us to let us know if you & Greg ultimately decide to make a run of it? And if you do decide to proceed, will you establish another social media account for updates, much like you did for WhizBang / Whoa, Nellie!?

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

Break everyone out of the zombie nursing home

Now that's funny, right there.

How about the Macabre Mobile IN the Indy 500!

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Dennis - dependent on the feedback you get from this forum & any other sources you may have consulted; do you plan to get back with us to let us know if you & Greg ultimately decide to make a run of it? And if you do decide to proceed, will you establish another social media account for updates, much like you did for WhizBang / Whoa, Nellie!?

yes

#73 11 years ago

If I were to spend the money on a new machine, an Elvira themed game would be at the top of my list. Heck, I can even think of a few games I would clear out to make the space.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

And if you do decide to proceed, will you establish another social media account for updates, much like you did for WhizBang / Whoa, Nellie!?

I'd like to see a DVD/book in the goodie bag filled with Freres art development along the way, behind the scenes photos/video, copies of communications, etc...everything you'd put into your blog but more, more, more.

#75 11 years ago

yes please , loved scared stiff . sooo cool if this happened .

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It seems like a Monster Bash Too would be a little more mainstream or appealing to a broader market. Elvira is not known by most under the age of about 30-35 years old. There are a lot of new people in the hobby that are a whole new generation brought in by the Farsight Williams Collection and Pinball Arcade.

I feel I should mention that I am under 30. The very first machine I bought was a EATPM, which I purchased mainly because of the theme. Even though I've got what many consider "A" titles all of them may come and go, but EATPM is never leaving.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

I'd like to see a DVD/book in the goodie bag filled with Freres art development along the way, behind the scenes photos/video, copies of communications, etc...everything you'd put into your blog but more, more, more.

VERY interesting idea.

#78 11 years ago

could you um "borrow" the I500 pit multiball animation with the crew gassing up the car? all passengers have to make a "pit stop" before time runs out or be left out and have to be rescued from the home again. you get back to the race with whatever passengers make it back from the can. would be a great multiball restart opportunity after the last ball drains and you make the pit stop in time. The trapped ball is Elvira and each subsequent ball is another rescued passenger.

-c

Now that's funny, right there.
    How about the Macabre Mobile IN the Indy 500!

#79 11 years ago

Ah, I should have mentioned this. We are talking full blown modern game. Elvira is one character in this adventure game. Could be zombies, could be UFOs, could be monsters, could be Hello Kitty.

Elvira, Aliens, Area 51 - throw it all together

#80 11 years ago

Game would turn out better if more difficult like EATME, while humor and graphics similar to SS. If based on current pictures of Casandra, game could be called Scared Straight. Older pics (those taken long ago, not pics of the older Elvira) would be best

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It seems like a Monster Bash Too would be a little more mainstream or appealing to a broader market. Elvira is not known by most under the age of about 30-35 years old. There are a lot of new people in the hobby that are a whole new generation brought in by the Farsight Williams Collection and Pinball Arcade.

I understand that there are people that won't be excited about an Elvira theme, and that's fine, you can't attract everyone. But, Monster Bash is old monsters, and Farsight and Pinball Arcade are full of old titles. We won't be rehashing EATPM or SS. It would be trendy and now.

Just tryin' to get you on our side.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Game would turn out better if more difficult like EATME, while humor and graphics similar to SS. If based on current pictures of Casandra, game could be called Scared Straight. Older pics (those taken long ago, not pics of the older Elvira) would be best

An Elvira game called EATME would rule!

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Elvira, Aliens, Area 51 - throw it all together

Now yer talkin'.

#84 11 years ago

This gonna be a 5k pin or a 10k pin, I want to know how much money I need to start saving now.

#85 11 years ago

An Elvira game called EATME would rule!

Hah! YES! Elvira And The Monster Entourage! EATME!
    ...and $5K please...we want EVERYBODY...

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! YES! Elvira And The Monster Entourage! EATME!
    ...and $5K please...we want EVERYBODY...

Gotta remember that one!

#87 11 years ago

How about a Portal opens up over Area 51, allowing Alien Greys to attack earth. Elvira has to summon her powers and friends/monsters to defeat them!

#88 11 years ago

You mean summons...her Monster Entourage....Eatme!

#89 11 years ago

Wow this group is fickle.

Or we've got a whole lot of dreamers.

What happened to the last 'gotta have it' theme, which was based off The Big Lebowski?

Is that like, so, 10-minutes ago?

#90 11 years ago

Elvira's Haunted House.

Zombies, ghosts, bats, etc. Make your way through the house (similar to TAF) with Elvira leading the way and guiding you...

And here I was all ready to retheme/update SS using P-ROC...

#91 11 years ago

From Facebook:

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (official)
    199,275 likes · 25,777 talking about this.

With nearly 200K people following her on FB, I think the game would sell pretty well.

Tom

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Elvira And The Monster Entourage! EATME!...

I think we have an official title for this new pin!

#93 11 years ago

I think people have been calling for a new Zombie pin....and a 3rd edition of Elvira will fit the bill...you guys should be able to sell every one you produce.....oh yeah, Cassandra is STILL HOT!!

#94 11 years ago

Dennis, the poll is flawed. I hate Elvira. I do not think she is funny or hot. I find her extremely irritating.

But if you are making the game I would be extremely interested in buying it just for that reason alone. So if you're asking if I like Elvira, the answer is a strong NO. If you're asking if I'm interested in a new game made by you based on Elvira, that's a strong yes.

Although I'd prefer a theme that didn't have Elvira...

Btw, Dennis, much kudos to your design creativity. Every one of your designs is unique in itself. Most designers take elements they've put into other games and reuse them. Borg, Ritchie, Popadiuk, Gomez, etc. You can see similarities in one game to another from them. Your designs are totally unique and creative. Pirates is nothing like white water is nothing like Indy 500 is nothing like scared stiff etc. You get my vote for most creative designer

#95 11 years ago

I don't like horror or campy movies, but Scared Stiff is an absolute keeper in my collection. How can I resist Elvira? If it is as funny, or even funnier than SS, I am highly interested. I've been missing humor in pinball for way to long, so please make this game as funny as possible

#96 11 years ago

Hell yes elvira helped a lot of young boys through puberty back in the day lol she is definetly still hot

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Dennis, the poll is flawed. I hate Elvira. I do not think she is funny or hot. I find her extremely irritating.
    But if you are making the game I would be extremely interested in buying it just for that reason alone. So if you're asking if I like Elvira, the answer is a strong NO. If you're asking if I'm interested in a new game made by you based on Elvira, that's a strong yes.
    Although I'd prefer a theme that didn't have Elvira...
    Btw, Dennis, much kudos to your design creativity. Every one of your designs is unique in itself. Most designers take elements they've put into other games and reuse them. Borg, Ritchie, Popadiuk, Gomez, etc. You can see similarities in one game to another from them. Your designs are totally unique and creative. Pirates is nothing like White Water is nothing like Indy 500 is nothing like Scared Stiff etc. You get my vote for most creative designer

Thank you for noticing that. Much appreciated.

#98 11 years ago

"Zombies?" *BANG* "UFOs?" *BANG BANG* "MONSTERS?!" *EXPLOSION*

"HELLO KITTY!!"

#99 11 years ago

Just make sure elvira has a part in the design

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

I think we have an official title for this new pin!

Just to be on the safe side I just registered the .com !

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.