Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 24.
    #901 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Star Wars next,
    Elvira 3
    What's the rumors after those

J A W S

#902 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden
    Tron VE

Wow, what an incredible release schedule. No more news on Pulp Fiction?

#903 7 years ago

What are the B movies parodied on Scared Stiff?

#904 7 years ago

Wait is star wars really happening bc if so it will clean up

#905 7 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Wow, what an incredible release schedule. No more news on Pulp Fiction?

Oh, right, forgot, probably because I still can't see Stern doing a Pulp Fiction machine. It doesn't seem like their "vibe", and if they do it, I can't imagine it will be done justice. Seems more like a Dutch Pinball thing, but with the dumpster fire going on there, I doubt they're thinking about it now.

#906 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I thought the rumor was JJP had the Star Wars license. Emphasis on rumor.

#907 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Star Wars is next, followed by _______ . Then I'm guessing Elvira after that.

#908 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I understand it's dwight and Ritchie's next game.

#909 7 years ago

Oh boy, I may have to sell a couple games to pay for this one. The bb lcd will have all kinds of her quips and stuff on it and maybe some new ones too. The audio on the Spike system might even have some things on it and come with a switchable G and R rating. I wonder if all out nagging about them coming out with a new one had anything to do with this. Can someone ask them?

#910 7 years ago

damit! my collection suddenly looks like it needs to down size. But still want to wait to see the game first.

#911 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Nope. Supposedly JJP is likely Toy Story or Pirates of the Caribbean (I PRAY it's not PotC), with a small chance of Harry Potter. Toy Story or Harry Potter would both be GREAT licenses, and both play into the JJP "family friendly" vibe of their most successful pin, WoZ.

#912 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

Star Wars is next, followed by ______ . Then I'm guessing Elvira after that.

Star Wars
    Tron VE
    Elvira
    Iron Maiden

makes the most sense. It's too soon after Aerosmith to have Iron Maiden this year. I guess they could always drop in My Little Pony to make the 35th anniversary this year. Plenty of Bronie fans with cash to burn.

#913 7 years ago

Jared just told me that Elvira is a good ways out..... so this won't be available for quite some time. It's not even the next new title. So plenty of time to save or figure out how to make space.

I think this was a slip up on letting this out.

#914 7 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Jared just told me that Elvira is a good ways out..... so this won't be available for quite some time. It's not even the next new title. So plenty of time to save or figure out how to make space.
    I think this was a slip up on letting this out.

How sure are you he wasn't trying to throw you off the scent?

#915 7 years ago

Whew, I have some time to save my money. Thanks everyone in Texas for the awesome real-time coverage. I'm an expat living in Switzerland, it's 1:30 am here but I'd love to be there in person. Congratulations DennisNordman and the gang for continuing the fun though so many decades!

#917 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Actually Stern and Star Wars is the word, Steve Ritchie.

#918 7 years ago

Jack tried for it.

#919 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Jack tried for it.

Last thing we need is a hobbit 2.0.

Locked ip's arnt the strongest aspect of jjp

#920 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

How sure are you he wasn't trying to throw you off the scent?

Pretty sure since Gomez said the same thing during his presentation.. it's a while out, but it's coming.

#921 7 years ago

I have a feeling that this game is going to be EPIC!

#922 7 years ago

woo Hoo!....now 6 - 8 months of expectations...and rumors...and bullshit.
    How about show a product when you have done the work.

#923 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I know right. .....it will be like g.o.t with the super high expectations and rumours and then they release the pics and info ........then we have a bunch of unhappy pinsiders that expected way to much out of stern ......

#924 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Some of us who have to make room for the game appreciate the heads up.

I'm in as long as the game looks fun and the playfield production issues have been fixed. If I get the game in 2018, that's fine. Gives me time to find a buyer for Haunted House.

IMG_6500 (resized).JPGIMG_6500 (resized).JPG

#925 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Because hype and rumors are fun and it makes companies $$$. Hype is a good thing imo.

#926 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I know right. .....it will be like g.o.t with the super high expectations and rumours and then they release the pics and info ........then we have a bunch of unhappy pinsiders that expected way to much out of stern ......

GOT was a letdown? I think GOT is bad ass and it sold pretty well if I'm not mistaken?

#927 7 years ago

Mark Ritchie is doing Pulp Fiction.

#928 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Who cares about Pulp Fiction iceman, just get your checkbook out for Elvira bro!

#929 7 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Gives me time to find a buyer for Haunted House.

I'd keep it and sell Star Trek!

#930 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who cares about Pulp Fiction iceman, just get your checkbook out for Elvira bro!

I'm liking the idea of it That theme intrigues me with an LCD.

Star Wars will have 4 magnets that transport the ball at warp speed from bottom to top. Based on 4/5/6 trilogy

#931 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

GOT was a letdown? I think GOT is bad ass and it sold pretty well if I'm not mistaken?

Go back and look at some of the older threads .... people had really really high expectations and then were really let down once pics and gameplay were released. It was a crazy rollercoaster with lots of folks...

#932 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm liking the idea of it That theme intrigues me with an LCD.
    Star Wars will have 4 magnets that transport the ball at warp speed from bottom to top. Based on 4/5/6 trilogy

Two words iceman......Dream Theme!

#933 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Go back and look at some of the older threads .... people had really really high expectations and then were really let down once pics and gameplay were released. It was a crazy rollercoaster with lots of folks...

I know a lot of people may not have liked the artwork much but honestly it's not that bad in person and the game itself is phenomenal.

#934 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Who is he working for?

#935 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know a lot of people may not have liked the artwork much but honestly it's not that bad in person and the game itself is phenomenal.

Thats all great ... im just saying that the last time people were expecting something super super awesome and had high expectations , they seemed to very underwhelmed once details were released. Unfortunately thats just pinside for the most part lol. I know better to get super high hopes bc not much of anything meets ones expectations.
    Its wasnt just g.o.t thats just one that stuck out to me that was a similar situation .

#936 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats all great ... im just saying that the last time people were expecting something super super awesome and had high expectations , they seemed to very underwhelmed once details were released. Unfortunately thats just pinside for the most part lol. I know better to get super high hopes bc not much of anything meets ones expectations.
    Its wasnt just g.o.t thats just one that stuck out to me that was a similar situation .

That can definitely happen but man I sure hope it doesn't with this game here. You also don't have to go back as far as GOT to find a pin that really underwhelmed people. I'm not even going to mention the game because I don't want to get anyone fired up lol. I'm sure that you can figure it out.

#937 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That can definitely happen but man I sure hope it doesn't with this game here. You also don't have to go back as far as GOT to find a pin that really underwhelmed people. I'm not even going to mention the game because I don't want to get anyone fired up lol. I'm sure that you can figure it out.

Yes there are so many but a few recently come to mind lol. I hope it turns out great tho as i love my ss.

#938 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Who is he working for?

Raw thrills

#939 7 years ago

Dennis...check.
    Greg...check.
    Elvira...check.

IMG_2587 (resized).JPGIMG_2587 (resized).JPG

#940 7 years ago

Elvira 3 will be a pin that my wife
    will definitely be looking forward
    for me to buy for her;
    to go with our EATPM and Scared Stiff.

Elvira is actually responsible for me meeting my wife;
    as i met her when i bought a EATPM pin
    from her on eBay years ago.

#942 7 years ago

I Just would prefer JJP built this one then Stern.

#943 7 years ago

Is there any video of the whole event?

#944 7 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I'd rather it be built and shipped before 2020, so I'm happy Stern got the call.

#945 7 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Oh sure, id much rather have to pay 10k-12k instead of 5-7k and it take 3 years to get built instead of 6 months. What a great F'ing idea!!

#946 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh sure, id much rather have to pay 10k-12k instead of 5-7k and it take 3 years to get built instead of 6 months. What a great F'ing idea!!

Standard JPP game is around 8000$. To get the whole gameplay package with Stern this is Premium over 8500$.
    And Stern playfield quality is way crappy.

So I like fucking idea.

#947 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Elvira 3 will be a pin that my wife
    will definitely be looking forward
    for me to buy for her;
    to go with our EATPM and Scared Stiff.
    Elvira is actually responsible for me meeting my wife;
    as i met her when i bought a EATPM pin
    from her on eBay years ago.

You smooth son of a bitch!

#948 7 years ago

jetsons
    oldvira
    alice cooper
    aerosmith
    bm66

i am glad pinball is keeping up with the times. is everybody into pinball of retirement age?

#949 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

jetsons
    oldvira
    alice cooper
    aerosmith
    bm66
    i am glad pinball is keeping up with the times. is everybody into pinball of retirement age?

It's unlikely that the people who can afford pinball machines are in the 21 year old range. It's just numbers man, you target those who have disposable income, which is far more likely to be the case with those that are older. Hit them additionally with a dose of nostalgia and you have a sale.

#950 7 years ago

Trouble is you could choose Ed Sheeran is he is as hot as you can be......... but make a pinball? Like who is going to buy it??!

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.