Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.
    #751 7 years ago

I can't imagine them re-theming WNBJM yet again. I get it for Can Crusher, but that layout would be a step backwards for the Elvira property. IMO it should be an advanced modern game.

-Steve

#752 7 years ago

An advanced modern game for a tired, worn out theme...sure...keep'em comin...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#753 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

If it's a standard machine and not a can crusher/Dominos/Juicy Melons type machine, I don't see how I could resist buying one

That's pretty much where I'm at with this one, too.

#754 7 years ago

It's not a worn out theme. Horror pins have traditionally been amongst the most popular recurring themes in pinball. Horror comedy too. Elvira may be an 80's icon, but a GERMAN company just released the Elvira Mistress of the Dark move on Blu-Ray for the first time. It made all of the major horror news sites and movie/blu sites. People are paying the extra money to import them to the US. It's a big deal.

Beyond that, she's still a staple at Halloween and Comic-con style events. Knott's Scary Farm keeps bringing her back by popular demand. So there's multiple generations of fans. Her brand is still strong.

Now let's talk business: what's the age group that has the disposable income that are entering or supporting the pinball resurgence right now? It's her demographic of fans. What about kids who grew up playing Scared Stiff and Pinball Monsters? They're that demo now. If they loved those games, and there's a good chance they did, they might not want to drop $10k to get a nice restored Scared Stiff, but they might pop $5-6k for the chance to own a NIB Elvira pin. Add in Color DMD and new tech? It's a real tempter.

I was speaking with a new friend the other day who learned I was into pinball. He told me without prodding that he had joined Pinside just to see how hard it would be and how much it would cost to get a Scared Stiff... his favorite game. He's 40. Correct demographic. He said something about the game's theme and simple design and rules being accessible and easy to grasp making for quick fun. I've heard many others say the same thing.

My wife's favorite two pins and the ones she plays all the time either virtually or on location are Scared Stiff and Theatre of Magic. For whatever reason (probably the fact that she's empowered) she has a strong female appeal. Mix that with her 'classy chassis' and you've got a pin that's likely to do well on location with both sexes.

Last thought on this: Elvira may keep coming back, but the two previous pins she's had have been very different from each other. At this point, Elvira's new pin could be classic horror based, gothic based, slasher style based, 'new' horror based, or a satire of anything-- music, other pinball tropes, politics, or even (gasp!) her age. "Elvira: Over The Hills?" anyone?

I just got my Rob Zombie delivered. I have a feeling Elvira 3 is next. If the art is good and it shoots well? I'm in!

#755 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheCreature:

It's not a worn out theme. Horror pins have traditionally been amongst the most popular recurring themes in pinball. Horror comedy too. Elvira may be an 80's icon, but a GERMAN company just released the Elvira Mistress of the Dark move on Blu-Ray for the first time. It made all of the major horror news sites and movie/blu sites. People are paying the extra money to import them to the US. It's a big deal.
    Beyond that, she's still a staple at Halloween and Comic-con style events. Knott's Scary Farm keeps bringing her back by popular demand. So there's multiple generations of fans. Her brand is still strong.
    Now let's talk business: what's the age group that has the disposable income that are entering or supporting the pinball resurgence right now? It's her demographic of fans. What about kids who grew up playing Scared Stiff and Pinball Monsters? They're that demo now. If they loved those games, and there's a good chance they did, they might not want to drop $10k to get a nice restored Scared Stiff, but they might pop $5-6k for the chance to own a NIB Elvira pin. Add in Color DMD and new tech? It's a real tempter.
    I was speaking with a new friend the other day who learned I was into pinball. He told me without prodding that he had joined Pinside just to see how hard it would be and how much it would cost to get a Scared Stiff... his favorite game. He's 40. Correct demographic. He said something about the game's theme and simple design and rules being accessible and easy to grasp making for quick fun. I've heard many others say the same thing.
    My wife's favorite two pins and the ones she plays all the time either virtually or on location are Scared Stiff and Theatre of Magic. For whatever reason (probably the fact that she's empowered) she has a strong female appeal. Mix that with her 'classy chassis' and you've got a pin that's likely to do well on location with both sexes.
    Last thought on this: Elvira may keep coming back, but the two previous pins she's had have been very different from each other. At this point, Elvira's new pin could be classic horror based, gothic based, slasher style based, 'new' horror based, or a satire of anything-- music, other pinball tropes, politics, or even (gasp!) her age. "Elvira: Over The Hills?" anyone?
    I just got my Rob Zombie delivered. I have a feeling Elvira 3 is next. If the art is good and it shoots well? I'm in!

Well put.

#756 7 years ago

I have a HUO SS my dad bought new, he'll yes I'd buy
    One but would I prefer JJP platform or Dutch pinball ball. Need a well.made game ,

#758 7 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I can't imagine them re-theming WNBJM yet again.

It won't be! No worries!

#759 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

An advanced modern game for a tired, worn out theme...sure...keep'em comin...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

IMG_5434 (resized).JPGIMG_5434 (resized).JPG

#761 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Hahah...you'll stand pat with your fresh themes like Lethal Weapon 3 & Apollo 13

#762 7 years ago

I love all these comments about how cassandra is a washed up old woman, you people are all creepy. Elivra is a character, it doesn't even have to be played by her. You think KISS is going to go away when the band members retire? Heck no, Gene simmons is going to license it out and let some 20 year olds play the characters and music. Daft punk could perform forever, you have no idea who's behind those masks.

People are clamoring for humor in pinball. The other day the game GEX popped in my head. Crappy game on the first playstation, but man what made that game entertaining was the witty humor. You think people watch MST3K for the C-list movie they're watching? No, they want to hear the witty banter.

#763 7 years ago

Hell, I'd be thrilled if they took the Areolasmith layout and redid it as Elvira.

#764 7 years ago

I owned a Scared Stiff. I wanted one really bad as I love Elvira and her nasty quips but after about two weeks it had to go. SS rules are nothing but hit each thing three times and it got old. If you make a Elvira pin with some good rules it would be a winner.

#765 7 years ago

That would be a nice idea but I hope a better game than the crappy SS.

#766 7 years ago

I love scared stiff. Not the hardest game in the world, but the theme and the call outs make a great experience every time I play it. The art is great, and the backglass is awesome. I'm totally in for a new Elvira pin. Can't wait to have a mistress next to my mistress. Dennis is a great designer. He won't F this one up.

#767 7 years ago

Scared Stiff is awesome! -- Too many people don't know how to set up the game properly to make it a challenge. It's not that the rules are too simple, but if the game is setup too easy and you get to Scared Stiff too much it doesn't present a challenge. With the proper adjustments it's one of the best games out there!

We can only HOPE a new Elvira pin comes close to being as good as Scared Stiff!

#768 7 years ago

I love horror theme and I love making jokes about bad movies with a dash of sexual innuendo. I have Elvira and the Party Monsters as well as Scared Stiff. So of course I am looking forward to giving E3 a shot. But I don't see myself paying more than I paid for the other two combined. (I've had them many years).

#769 7 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Scared Stiff is awesome! -- Too many people don't know how to set up the game properly to make it a challenge. It's not that the rules are too simple, but if the game is setup too easy and you get to Scared Stiff too much it doesn't present a challenge. With the proper adjustments it's one of the best games out there!
    We can only HOPE a new Elvira pin comes close to being as good as Scared Stiff!

Agreed set up right its a ass kicker. Had mine a while now and only beat it few times and never have gotten to spider mb ,actually not even close lol. I have open outlanes and preset settings on hard and very sensitive slings and you need have the crate kickout dialed in for lots of upper playfield action. The pressure of hitting all the scared stiff shots to get into the wizard mode gets me almost every time lol. Great fast game especially with restored playfield ...

#770 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

If it's a standard machine and not a can crusher/Dominos/Juicy Melons type machine, I don't see how I could resist buying one

Same here, I'd definitely be in for one if that's the case!

#771 7 years ago

How awesome would it be if you beat the final wizard mode if she pops up on the LED screen and flashes you?

#772 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

How awesome would it be if you beat the final wizard mode if she pops up on the LED screen and flashes you?

Yea and those tits fall down to her belly button because she is 70 years old.

#773 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Yea and those tits fall down to her belly button because she is 70 years old.

How many downvotes will you get? Let's count...

#774 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

How many downvotes will you get? Let's count...

I'll start things off with one. Besides, those tits have been heavily moded to counteract gravity.

#775 7 years ago

Really, you guys are going to downvote me for that? Your killin me.

#776 7 years ago

You should be down voted, and banned for life! Ha ha ha

Elvira is 65 not 70, and I don't care how old she is, my dream is to leave this world being smothered between those pillows no matter what age they are. She's the best looking 65 year old I've ever seen.

#777 7 years ago
    Quoted from sublime90803:

You should be down voted, and banned for life! Ha ha ha
    Elvira is 65 not 70, and I don't care how old she is, my dream is to leave this world being smothered between those pillows no matter what age they are. She's the best looking 65 year old I've ever seen.

17203212_1515702151775282_4524160318457475475_n (resized).jpg17203212_1515702151775282_4524160318457475475_n (resized).jpg

#778 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hahah...you'll stand pat with your fresh themes like Lethal Weapon 3 & Apollo 13

They are games/titles from 20 yrs ago. Just like Elvira. Trust me, I don't want those redone, either.
    Like I said, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#780 7 years ago

So I'm a bit younger then your typically pinball owner and I still think Elvira is a great theme. To be perfectly honest, I associate her mostly with pinball. It's campy-horror (with boobs), which to me is about as timeless as you can get. I'd much rather have that then go with a modern theme that will be a flash in the pan. I am also a proponent of choosing some more obscure comic and game (pc or board) licenses that would give the developer a starting point. I've tossed out Secret Panchos, which I feel would make a great western theme. I just really want to play as the anti-hero bandit, with the score representing the price on your head: rob banks, showdowns, challenge rivals, etc. Your goal is to be the most notorious. Anyway, I digress, the basic idea of choosing something obscure is that to many it would seem like an original theme; but you instantly have the ability to collaborate with others who have already developed art, sounds effects, music, etc.

#781 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

They are games/titles from 20 yrs ago. Just like Elvira. Trust me, I don't want those redone, either.
    Like I said, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hmm,, WOZ ist a theme from ages ago; Hobbit.. let´s see.. even older.. Aerosmith.. Kiss.. even Ghostbusters ... older than Elvira ..

#782 7 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Hmm,, WOZ ist a theme from ages ago; Hobbit.. let´s see.. even older.. Aerosmith.. Kiss.. even Ghostbusters ... older than Elvira ..

How aboot his Star Trek? That's fresh right? Monster Bash he's looking for...those "classic movie" monsters must be new

#783 7 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Hell, I'd be thrilled if they took the Areolasmith layout and redid it as Elvira.

Be careful what you wish for.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#784 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I owned a Scared Stiff. I wanted one really bad as I love Elvira and her nasty quips but after about two weeks it had to go. SS rules are nothing but hit each thing three times and it got old. If you make a Elvira pin with some good rules it would be a winner.

Me too.
    But keep in mind it is build for being on location making money.
    In home use ss is way too easy.
    But they will build it more for the home use market these days so i don't think we should worry about that.
    They'll deliver

#785 7 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Hmmm.. Notice a pattern? Add "Houdini" to that.. Jetsons..
    Maybe these "current" designers aren't so current.
    Time for some new blood, that's all. If not now, then when...The next wave of artists are here (DD, ZY). Time to match them up with more ideas they can run with, with an eye to the future.
    JMO.

#786 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

The next wave of artists are here (DD, ZY). Time to match them up with more ideas they can run with, with an eye to the future.

That would be great instead of doing the artistic styles that were pioneered in the 1960s.

#787 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Be careful what you wish for.

Thanks for ruining everyone's night o-din!

#788 7 years ago

Yeah, that dude looks nothing like this lady.

e (resized).jpge (resized).jpg

#789 7 years ago

Only 2.5 days from now till the discussion panel (Reveal?) at TPF!!!
    Go Cassandra, Dennis and Greg!!!

#790 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, that dude looks nothing like this lady.

That's one of the most awesome pics I've ever seen!

#791 7 years ago

All I want out of Elvira 3 is a tassel-twirling mode- whether it's video mode or the reward for beating Wizard mode.

IMG_4387 (resized).pngIMG_4387 (resized).png

#792 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheCreature:

All I want out of Elvira 3 is a tassel-twirling mode- whether it's video mode

LOL
    Alternately hit the flipper buttons to keep the rhythm and increase speed.

#793 7 years ago

Apparently, according to my info from one of the show organizers, there will not be any announcement made regarding an upcoming new Elvira themed game. Seriously hope it changed in the mean time, as it would be the best opportunity to do so.

#794 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Apparently, according to my info from one of the show organizers, there will not be any announcement made regarding an upcoming new Elvira themed game. Seriously hope it changed in the mean time, as it would be the best opportunity to do so.

No Elvira anytime in the near future maybe ever

#795 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

there will not be any announcement made regarding an upcoming new Elvira themed game.

#796 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Surely this is fake news

#797 7 years ago
    Quoted from NightMutilator:

I have a strong feeling the Elvira reveal will most definitely happen in Texas next weekend. Why else would Cassandra be there? Can't wait!!

Especially with her being in costume. Talk about a photo op.

#798 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

For a "tired worn out theme" there sure seems to be a lot of interest.

#799 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I'll start things off with one. Besides, those tits have been heavily moded to counteract gravity.

Ahhhh - but do they have 'accouterments' ?

#800 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Especially with her being in costume. Talk about a photo op.

I thought they stated that she would not be in costume.

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.