Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 336 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a newly created Elvira pinball game?”

• YES! I want her. 695 votes
      71%
    • no, I don't like hot, funny women. 164 votes
      17%
    • Who is Elvira? 60 votes
      6%
    • Who is Greg and Dennis? 57 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 976 votes by 948 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190914-081015_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-081022_Facebook (resized).jpg
    53ef416a4279f626ac275447f1d227438c0e1c13 (1) (resized).jpg
    elvirasideart03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4719 (resized).jpg
    0EFC6DAC-9D34-4D49-A738-DB675CB7E7A9 (resized).png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
    IMG_20170722_202533 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170722_192139 (resized).jpg
    ell (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg
    el (resized).jpg
    IMG_5832 (resized).png
    sign jims arcade sm (resized).png
    5852_b589_500 (resized).jpeg
    cleavage.jpg
    There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.
    #551 9 years ago

I love me some elvira!!You don't know how many time me and brother say I wish someone would make a new elvira machine. If its priced fair i would seriously be interested. She currently keeps my creech company image.jpgimage.jpg

#552 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

She still looks sharp.

Yep!

elvira flower.jpgelvira flower.jpg
    #553 9 years ago
    Quoted from TravisRT1985:

I love me some Elvira!!You don't know how many time me and brother say I wish someone would make a new Elvira machine. If its priced fair i would seriously be interested. She currently keeps my creech company

image.jpg 229 KB

Nice.

#554 9 years ago

I feel like an idiot. I met her at a convention here in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and meant to ask her about this... but I totally spaced on it. Doh!

#555 9 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I feel like an idiot. I met her at a convention here in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and meant to ask her about this... but I totally spaced on it. Doh!

AWWW!

#556 9 years ago

Out of the 410 (so far) that say they want the new pin if it was made I wonder how many would actually buy it.

#557 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Out of the 410 (so far) that say they want the new pin if it was made I wonder how many would actually buy it.

I would only be a definite if it was Dennis and Greg creating the pin. Otherwise I would take a "wait and see" approach.

#558 9 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I would only be a definite if it was Dennis and Greg creating the pin. Otherwise I would take a "wait and see" approach.

Same here.

1 week later
    #560 9 years ago

Yeah "it's not dead yet" is something. But if we hear "it's dead" from Dennis, well I don't even want to think about it.

#561 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Price would be an issue.
    For example I was listed as one of the 179 (?) virtual buyers for a Lebowski pin, but cancelled my (non-existent) pre-order when the price was announced. May be I will regret it, because TBL looks cool, but that's a different story.
    May be add a poll with different options:
    - No way!
    - I would buy it if priced in the same range as a Stern Pro
    - I would buy it if priced in the same range as a Stern Premium
    - I would buy it if priced in the same range as a Stern LE
    - I would buy it at any price
    - Wait and see the PF, might buy it later... done with preorders!

#562 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

May be add a poll with different options:
    - No way!
    - I would buy it if priced in the same range as a Stern Pro
    - I would buy it if priced in the same range as a Stern Premium
    - I would buy it if priced in the same range as a Stern LE
    - I would buy it at any price
    - Wait and see the PF, might buy it later... done with preorders!

I'd buy at the Premium price or a little higher?

#565 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Wait and see the PF, might buy it later... done with preorders!

NO PRE-ORDERS!!! I've seen what those do to perfectly sane people on Pinside. NO PRE-ORDERS!!!

I think if they made just one model in-between a Pro and Premium they would sell more and would do good on route.

#566 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think if they made just one model in-between a Pro and Premium they would sell more and would do good on route.

That would be my preference too.

#567 9 years ago

My wife would make me buy a new Elvira pin regardless of price.
    She loves Elvira.
    We got both EATPM and SS already.

That is how i met my wife,
    bought EATPM pin from her on ebay 4 yrs ago,
    (she was regrettably down sizing her household at the time)
    Bought Scared Stiff for her for her Birthday this year.

#568 9 years ago

Ahhh! True Love!....Thank you boys!

#569 9 years ago

I put high scores on SS and EATPM this weekend at CAX. More Elvira, please!

#570 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

She loves Elvira.

Great story.

#571 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

She loves Elvira.

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

#572 9 years ago

I remember somebody mentioning Elvira and the Monster Entourage (EATME, heh heh).

How about:

Elvira and the Monstourage?

#573 9 years ago

SS is such a classic I still don't see a need for another Elvira game. Her act isn't the most relevant anymore and for those nostalgic souls there are already not one but two pins themed on her.

#574 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

SS is such a classic I still don't see a need for another Elvira game. Her act isn't the most relevant anymore and for those nostalgic souls there are already not one but two pins themed on her.

Well, you could say that about rock bands or superheros and even Star Trek. They exist, so why make more? I'll tell you why, because they sell. And few themes (probably none) are better suited to pinball than Elvira, especially if you're like me and want something that would entail spectacular artwork. Most of us want to see what Dennis and Greg could do with this theme and state of the art hardware. BTW, Elvira will always be relevant to those of us who love the Horror genre. Besides, characters don't age.

#575 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

Well if you don't get it we can't explain it to you. By-by.

#577 9 years ago

Elvira.jpgElvira.jpg

Hollywood Museum @ Hollywood & Highland last week

#578 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

Hollywood Museum @ Hollywood & Highland last week

Elvira.jpg 112 KB

Pretty good figure but were they really that big? Inquiring minds want to know.

#579 9 years ago

Nobody remembers details due to the hypnotic state they put you in.

#580 9 years ago

Elvira is really abreast of her situation.

#581 9 years ago

Please no, make something new with a sci fi or horror theme. SS was good but those jokes got old with in 2 days and stop making games with themes based on humour.

#582 9 years ago

I'll never understand people protesting against a theme. If it doesn't interest you then move along. It's not like if Elvira #3 is made then the theme you really want is getting shit canned. It's not an either or situation. I'm not interested in the Mythbusters theme that Skit B is doing or the Hobbit by JJP, but I'm not gonna be bashing them every chance I get.

#583 9 years ago

Yep...never understood that...

#584 9 years ago

Yup....same here. I think they are just looking to up their Karma points. I'm not interested in a lot of games too so I just pass on by.

#585 9 years ago

12 pages huh?

The existing Elvira games are great, but her act is way tired, played out, and outdated and so would any new game themed after her. Would be a huge mistake.

It's nice that Dennis and co. want to throw a bone to their old friend but any 2014 Elvira project seems like a huge waste of time for everyone involved, and and inevitable failure.

There's more than enough Elvira pinball to go around already.

#587 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

12 pages huh?
    The existing Elvira games are great, but her act is way tired, played out, and outdated and so would any new game themed after her. Would be a huge mistake.
    It's nice that Dennis and co. want to throw a bone to their old friend but any 2014 Elvira project seems like a huge waste of time for everyone involved, and and inevitable failure.
    There's more than enough Elvira pinball to go around already.

another one.

#588 9 years ago

STOP THE MADNESS!!

#589 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The existing Kiss game is great, but their act is way tired, played out, and outdated and so would any new game themed after them. Would be a huge mistake.

Edited for you

#590 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

and stop making games with themes based on humour.

yes, pinball is serious business! those of us with more mature, evolved sensibilities need more comic book superheroes and washed up rock stars photoshopped onto our PLAYfields.

#591 9 years ago

Funny, sexy women are always relevant.

#592 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yes, pinball is serious business! those of us with more mature, evolved sensibilities need more comic book superheroes and washed up rock stars photoshopped onto our PLAYfields.

I don't want that either, but Elvira humour? come on.

#593 9 years ago

Are you guys for real, the post is asking who would interested or not. I'm not interested and left an explanation as too why. Can't all be what works for those who love Elvira, and it is possibly taking away from Dennis building a better themed pin. Jesus you can't say anything on here without the same crew of whiners shooting you down. Elvira humour is not funny too me hence no interest, that's my opinion. Sorry to state my opinion on a post asking for our opinions.

#594 9 years ago

... and she's also has a great pair of legs.

#595 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

and it is possibly taking away from Dennis building a better themed pin

but they said they really want do this, that tells me they have all kinds of things already sketched and figured out, probably have for years now. When was the last time game designers have had years to plan and design a game? NEVER.

#596 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Are you guys for real, the post is asking who would interested or not. I'm not interested and left an explanation as too why. Can't all be what works for those who love Elvira, and it is possibly taking away from Dennis building a better themed pin. Jesus you can't say anything on here without the same crew of whiners shooting you down. Elvira humour is not funny too me hence no interest, that's my opinion. Sorry to state my opinion on a post asking for our opinions.

You are most obviously entitled to your opinion.

And we are also entitled to say how bad it sucks.

#597 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

And we are also entitled to say how bad it sucks.

10-4 that.

#598 9 years ago

Fair enough.

2 months later
    #599 9 years ago

Seeing that it's October and this theme fits perfectly, I just thought I'd bump this thread. I could really use a third Elvira pin by Dennis & Greg to make my pinball collection complete. While TWD looks promising, it's just not the same...

#600 9 years ago

October or not, I still want a 3rd Elvira game.

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.