New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 156047)

Updated Earthshaker custom competition ROM

By soren

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

The patch has been removed.

#2 4 years ago

Any chance to fix the issue of not being able to collect additional jackpots after the first one during multiball? I sold my earths shaker because I didn't like the fact that I had nothing to shoot for in multi-ball after collecting my one jackpot.

#3 4 years ago

Yeah, that's a pretty big flaw in what I consider to be a great game. It would be awesome if you could re-light the jackpot.

2 months later
#4 4 years ago

Updated. See top post, please.

#5 4 years ago

sweet!

3 months later
#6 4 years ago

Bump-ES.

4 months later
#7 3 years ago

So wait does this allow for relighting jackpot? request was made then op said updated. Do not see it in the readme.

#8 3 years ago

No. Only player individual jackpot - that stays at 2.5M till collected.

Plus reduced centre ramp payout.

1 week later
#9 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

No. Only player individual jackpot - that stays at 2.5M till collected.
Plus reduced centre ramp payout.

oh. if you feel so inclined then relighting the jackpot is huge on quite a few people's list. either way this is greatly appreciated in the current format. tamoore there is your answer.

2 years later
#10 9 months ago

Please soren - revisit this great title. The inability to relight the JP shot during multiball does make this title a lot less attractive than it could be.

#11 9 months ago

relighting jackpot would be huge, bumping spinner scoring might be an attractive strategy too...

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

relighting jackpot would be huge, bumping spinner scoring might be an attractive strategy too...

Yep.. This title needs the soren-touch

2 weeks later
#13 8 months ago

Glad you like it.

And how should the jackpot be re-lit? Suggestions.

#14 8 months ago

Hi Soren, thank you for doing this, perhaps the Jackpot shot can be relit by shooting the left ramp..?

#15 8 months ago
Quoted from soren:

Glad you like it.
And how should the jackpot be re-lit? Suggestions.

Middle ramp 2times, next time 3 Times to Light Jackpot again and so on.. Or the spinner loop shot from the upper Flipper 1time, next 2 Times...

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Have the Institute light up some or all of the zones to complete to re-light the Jackpot.
And have the lit spinner worth 3000 points times the current bonus multiplier.

#17 8 months ago

How about drop the 3 drops to relight the jackpot ...

Nice and simple ... but can also be challenging.

rd

#18 8 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

Have the Institute light up some or all of the zones to complete to re-light the Jackpot.

I thought about something like this. Some zones. Lower flipper shots only.

Quoted from rotordave:

This this one too.

In any case, should be supported by display and indicators. Phew.

#19 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Relighting the jackpot with the drops is an awesome idea! Better than completing zones.

#20 8 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

Relighting the jackpot with the drops is an awesome idea! Better than completing zones.

Boom!

rd

#21 8 months ago

Maybe drop all targets then shoot the middle ramp. Perhaps have it timed? Or of you don't drop all targets and shoot the ramp then the targets reset?

Should the jackpot increase in value when relit?

#22 8 months ago

Just throwing a thought out there... what if the jackpot stays at the minimum. When you collect it, the next jackpot would be at the next level. This way you would be building up your jackpot value similar to whirlwind. I think either the left ramp or drop targets would be a good way to relight the jackpot. Maybe even the drop hole lock (not really sure what to call it.)

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from 666chill666:

Middle ramp 2times, next time 3 Times to Light Jackpot again and so on.. Or the spinner loop shot from the upper Flipper 1time, next 2 Times...

I also like the progressive left ramp shot. This way the light will be on and less confusing to someone who didn't know you need to shoot the drops, loops, or zones.

#24 8 months ago

Reached out to the local league and got these two responses this far.

1st thought" how about make every zone worth 100k x that zone number. Jackpot collects it. So shooting zones 4 and 5 then hitting jackpot would give 900k?

-------

To normally Light the Jackpot, you have to shoot the center ramp.

To relight the jackpot, shoot the captive ball to restart the process:

Start Multiball
Center Ramp to Light Jackpot
Right Ramp for Jackpot
Captive Ball to Relight Center Ramp
Center Ramp to Light Jackpot
Right Ramp for Jackpot

If easy enough, require additional captive balls or center ramps for jackpots past the second.

The both of these come from people who compete in papa/pinburgh. The first idea sounds like a pretty awesome game mode actually. Probably too much to add a new mode to this game but what would add some great strategy.

#25 8 months ago

Bowen had this to say (in reference to the post about the center ramp)

came to write this, Pete’s already got it

Also any relight should knock the jackpot back to 1 million

The idea is jackpot is reset and you can still increase it with the drops. I like this one the most so far.

2 weeks later
#26 8 months ago

Can anyone help me with patch download as it’s been removed via pm?

#27 8 months ago
Quoted from soren:

The patch has been removed.

why was this removed? i hope work is going to continue. i see that you removed all of your patches. that is not a good sign...

#28 8 months ago

Likely someone was pissed for him breakin' copyright or licensing issues.

#29 8 months ago

Anyone still have this downloaded?

#30 8 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone still have this downloaded?

yes

#31 8 months ago

Any chance someone has a link they can PM me or share i just picked up an ES and would like to have this version.

4 weeks later
#32 7 months ago

I understand the link has been removed, but what does this rom do exactly? Are there notes somewhere? Thanks in advance!

#34 6 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Are there notes somewhere?

No "release notes" but fairly extensive discussion on the Tilt forums. http://tiltforums.com/t/updated-earthshaker-custom-competition-rom/1406/42

#35 6 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No "release notes" but fairly extensive discussion on the Tilt forums. http://tiltforums.com/t/updated-earthshaker-custom-competition-rom/1406/42

Thanks for the link. I read through it, but neither Soren nor anyone else actually states what the Tournament Rom does. They mention adjusting the jackpot scoring to be more fair, and a couple other things. But I'm still in the dark on the specific changes. Mostly out of curiosity, but also because I may be getting an Earthshaker soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
3,100 (Firm)
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gresham, OR
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside