Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Turkey_Robinson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to if any of you guys helped me move my demolition man from the expo. I already threw new flippers and a few new rubbers on it. White flippers with orange rubbers is amazing! I didn't even know that made orange until yesterday. It's a little rough around the edges but it's already part of the family!

I was feeling a little overwhelmed at that moment. Spending that amount of money is not something I do very often. I'm sorry for not shaking your hands and asking your names at least. You all were very helpful.

Sooo....

Thanks plastic wrap guy. Thanks guy with the ingeniously constructed pinball tilter with duct tape. Thanks to everyone else for helping me too. And most importantly, thanks to Matt for selling it to me! I hope you made it back to your wife in MN safely.

I've had my share of pinball expos after this last weekend. Not sure I'll be seeing you at the next one, but we'll see.

josh

#2 6 years ago

I played that game quite a bit. I think you got a pretty cool game. Congratulations on the new addition!!

#3 6 years ago

awesome!! welcome to the club. John Sparton? what are you doing here?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Turkey_Robinson:

I was feeling a little overwhelmed at that moment.

You and your wife really DID have "what the hell do I do now?" looks on your faces.

Now go buy yourself a backbox latch:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1740

and

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1189

#5 6 years ago

Ghetto tilter guy checking in....LOL! Stolen design, dumbed down to duck tape and a prayer style. Congrats on picking up a very cool game. Good luck with it and if you need anything, you know where to find us!

Take care,
Chris

#6 6 years ago

Congrats on your new pin!!!!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

You and your wife really DID have "what the hell do I do now?" looks on your faces.

Ha yes they did. Now update your gameroom pics so we can see it in its new home.

Chris

#8 6 years ago

Hope you and your wife enjoy the game, it was great meeting you. It was a great game, I'm really going to miss it.

#9 6 years ago

Now comes the fun/frustrating part of fixing the things on it that aren't working 100%!!! So far the only things I can find are that none of the flashers are working. Which I'm hoping shouldn't be too difficult since they're all being affected. The "M" and "L" rollovers are reversed. I'm pretty sure I just need to re-solder the scoring cables underneath the switches. When the ball rolls over the M the L lights up. Not a huge deal, but It'll drive me crazy. A few burned out bulbs replaced and a cleaning should make her run like new! Down the line a ways I'd like to try rebuilding the flippers too.

We've been playing the shit out of it so far though. It's a lot of fun! Last night the rule set started to come to me so I'm playing a little more strategically now. I've already got a few ideas to make it uniquely mine. I'm thinking blue or yellow bulb caps for underneath the center ramp. I think that could look cool.

Anyways, thanks again everybody!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside