Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Slingshot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

It's not too bad. If you flip up the playfield you will see the mech for the scoop. IIRC, there are 4 hex screws holding the mech to the PF. Unscrew, move the mech out of the way, install the mantis protector (with said 2 screws) and reinstall the scoop mech. Took me about 20 mins or so. You'll have to push some wiring out of the way,possibly disconnect a harness or two, and you may have to have an extension or a long hex driver, but you shouldn't have to take off anything on the topside.

#11 5 years ago

mrgregb123 Hoping that Mantis can come up with a scoop protector for the SIM card hole too!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ssdobbins:

I got the scoop unscrewed, but couldn’t move it out of the way with all the wires. It looked to me like I’d have to remove the plastic trough connector as well to get the scoop free and clear. Also I didn’t know if I needed to drill pilot holes for the wood screws.

I don't recall having to move the subway. The subway feeds into the scoop. You shouldn't have to drill pilot holes.. Just a bit of pressure on the screw while twisting is enough for the screw to bite into the wood, though it's not a bad idea to drill small dimples. Like I mentioned, you'll have to move some wires out of the way, but you shouldn't have to do much more than that to get the scoop out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector-from-mantis?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.