(Topic ID: 256925)

New Desoldering Tool - You must have

By oldschoolbob

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I watched this guy make a repair on a PC board and used a new desoldering tool at 2:30 and again at 4:20. I gotta get one of these soon.

Can't be that expensive.

#2 4 years ago

Refreshing to see a pro desolder something simple without talking about needing to use a hakko.

#3 4 years ago

She’s got mad desoldering skills!

#4 4 years ago

A bit tougher to do on an MPU board.

#5 4 years ago

I can’t do that.

#6 4 years ago

Awwww, I was hoping to see some new fangled tool.

I was disappointed when I saw her do exactly the same thing I do on some boards.

This is exactly how I handle boards with big giant solder pads or ground planes that are tough to desolder.

Everything else I use my Aoyue desoldering gun.

#7 4 years ago

You realize this is just a soldering iron right? The desoldering is the act of pounding the component/board on the bench.

I've show this technique at my anyPin seminar.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#8 4 years ago

That’s a lot of heat on the solder pads. Most old pinball boards won’t hold up to that.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Most old pinball boards won’t hold up to that.

I thought of that - with my luck when I tap it on the bench, the solder AND the pad would fall off.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-desoldering-tool-you-must-have and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.