• Latest reply 5 years ago by mannymasy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

New Deadpool .82 Code Just dropped. Specifically just for the Pro Model since that is all that is shipping at this point.

Code can be downloaded here:
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/deadpool/pro

Readme file:
PRO V0.82.0 - Aug. 30, 2018
===========================
Moved to System 2.10:
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

New:
- Added Diagnostic Menu: KATANA LOCKUP TEST
- Added adjustments
- MATURE CONTENT - (default: YES)
- CHIMICHANGA DIFFICULTY (default: MEDIUM - 1 shot to light Chimichanga arrows)
- CHIMICHANGAS TO LIGHT QUEST (default: 4)
- LIL DEADPOOL MB SJP CAPTIVE BALL (default: YES)
- START DISCO MODE ON SPINNER (default: YES - if NO, DISCO modes start on lane)
- DISCO MODE DIFFICULTY (default: HARD - controls number of Dazzler spinner spins required to start Disco mode)
- KATANA LOCKS BALLS (default: ALWAYS)
- DISABLE CENTER DROP TARGET BANK (default: NO)
- Playfield multiplier lights flash when playfield multiplier is active.
- NINJAPOCALYPSE combo - combo the right orbit and right katana ramp for big points.

Fixed:
- Game would occasionally crash when starting a Battle.
- Fixed an issue where mystery always lit ninja lock; ninja lock can only light if one isn't already lit

Changed:
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL - changed to have 3 stages
- Stage 1 - collect 6 jackpots at the Lil' Deadpool target
- Stage 2 - collect 6 jackpots at red shots; Lil' Deadpool target increases jackpot value
- Stage 3 - Lock ball in Lil' Deadpool to start timed Super Jackpot spinner session
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL is available again after completing a Quest.
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL and KATANARAMA TIME can no longer run at the same time.
- BOOM button no longer awards Super Jackpots
- Improvements to text message panels
- Improvements to fight scene animations
- Improvements to Lil' Deadpool animations
- Improvements to Disco Multiball animations
- Additions and improvements to character speech

#2 5 years ago

mature content?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

mature content?

So they added an adult mode awesome.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

So they added an adult mode awesome.

pretty sure they added a more PG version and the current version is default of mature.

#5 5 years ago

Is there a bug thread yet? Found one. Me and a friend had a two player game going and I leaned onto the boom button and it restarted the game with one player. Thus was a location game with paid credits and we were on ball two.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure they added a more PG version and the current version is default of mature.

Darn that's a bit disappointing.

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Just tried to update to .82. Made it almost all the way through and failed. Hit retry and now all I get is “Unpack failed”. Redownloaded cide, sane size as 1st try. Copied files to two different USB drives. Same result.

Have launch party on Friday so this is not good.

Any ideas?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Just tried to update to .82. Made it almost all the way through and failed. Hit retry and now all I get is “Unpack failed”. Redownloaded cide, sane size as 1st try. Copied files to two different USB drives. Same result.
Have launch party on Friday so this is not good.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Contact stern

#9 5 years ago

Luckily we had a Stern memory card from another game and the update worked on that. Somebody needs to do more testing on the update code as a failed update should NOT brick the GD game.

#10 5 years ago

bjsilverballs I was having a problem w mine also. Do a "full install" and for verification(?) leave it as no. You may have to cycle all the way thru menu to get back to that setting.

#11 5 years ago

It was stuck on the install menu with the only choice being “Full installl”. No way around it.

#12 5 years ago

Same issue, went to update and the game is now bricked...

#13 5 years ago

I looked on the memory card in the game that came with it and it already says .82 code on it. So I think I tried to update it with the code that was already on there and that is what bricked the game. Anyone know how to restore it? Now it just starts at the update screen asking for a USB.

#14 5 years ago

Are spike2 games able to except any kind of USB key now? I remember when you had to get lower USB version (1.0) with less than 2GB to get the code to update. Do USB 3.0 16GB USBs work?

#15 5 years ago

.84 code just came out. I’d avoid the .82 as there is a bug which can corrupt your code on update as it did to mine. Its in the new release notes, apparently the use case is if you turned on verify with your update. New code looks good tho!

#16 5 years ago

We managed to copy a good card image onto a random SD card so we had a good backup then got .84 installed. Skipping .82 is a good idea.

#17 5 years ago

Twice since updating to .84 the game has reset itself mid game. Never happened on previous versions. Happening to anyone else?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from gameonmichigan:

Twice since updating to .84 the game has reset itself mid game. Never happened on previous versions. Happening to anyone else?

Last night I had mine reset.
It was mid game, ball trapped one right flipper and was using left flipper to show my bud info. The game lights went out (flippers still worked) then about 2 seconds later flippers died.
Ball drained and game self reset.

Is setup with code .84, never did that on code .82

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Last night I had mine reset.
It was mid game, ball trapped one right flipper and was using left flipper to show my bud info. The game lights went out (flippers still worked) then about 2 seconds later flippers died.
Ball drained and game self reset.
Is setup with code .84, never did that on code .82

We had this happen last night during the launch party as well, .84 code as well. Reset out of nowhere....

#20 5 years ago

Updated code last night before a tournament and had a reset during the tournament.

#21 5 years ago

Every Stern game is known to have reset problems in its code developement. Save IronMaiden as I can't recall it ever reseting. A code update/patch will fix it like in the past.

#22 5 years ago

I’m not worried about it, just reporting so others know there game isn’t the lone weirdo if they have a reset.
The team at Stern has already done a great job on delivering an awesome, fun for everyone, product.
I know they’ll get it fixed up right.

1 week later
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Are spike2 games able to except any kind of USB key now? I remember when you had to get lower USB version (1.0) with less than 2GB to get the code to update. Do USB 3.0 16GB USBs work?

Yes, the 16GB 3.0s work fine on SPIKE 2 games. I've used them for several code updates at the Banning, Calif. Museum of Pinball.

I've actually had a couple of issues getting USB 2.0 drives to work on SPIKE and SPIKE 2 pins. The 3.0s haven't failed me yet.

The specific drive I've been using is the SanDisk Ultra Flair 16GB 3.0 USB flash drive, with the metal case and black plastic handle, about $8 each at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015CH1GTO

(There's also quantity packs of this drive available that make the per-drive cost even less.)

2 months later
#24 5 years ago

another problem, but I do not know if it's the code. When you have 1 or 2 balls in the katana lock, most of the time in the ball you do not have the lock to turn it on or all the balls in the game field. happens when there are 2 players and the balls remain in the katana of the first player to the second or third. There are times when I have 3 balls in the game when you should only have 1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-deadpool-82-code-just-dropped-for-the-pro-model- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.