• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mamushka
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/scared-stiff-dancing-boogie-men-slingshot-mod.html

Scared Stiff originally was designed to have "Dancing Boogiemen" these were monsters that were attached to the slingshot arms and would "dance" during slingshot hits or the dancing Boogiemen mode. They were not included in production games due to concerns the Boogiemen arms could eventually come off.

These extensions are made from thin walled nylon and are extremely light weight, the slingshot action remains strong because of this. The kit also uses original style very flexible Boogiemen, there are cheaper Boogiemen available that are made from a stiffer plastic and have minimal arm action.

I went through many materials, designs and processes to come up with a durable clean looking setup. The extensions are attached to the slingshot arms with original style semi-tubular rivets for a factory look.

Here is a short clip where the mod is being tested, this test was run for around 4 hours and accumulating over 10,000 kicks. There has also been over 100 games played after this test with no issues noted.

#2 2 years ago

Didn't have the numbers when I made my first post:

The weight of the arms when I remove the original nylon pads and replace them with my nylon risers is increased by 2.5 grams.

Just as a perspective the Boogiemen weigh about 12 grams each

#3 2 years ago

I think I’ll have to buy a set!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think I’ll have to buy a set!

Just to be clear, my hi-tech test fixture is not included

#5 2 years ago

Nice work. Just curious if anyone knows if a version of this mod was offered in the past as mine has the boogiemen installed.
My biggest concern is replacing cracked sling plastic covers as they are challenge to find.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Nice work. Just curious if anyone knows if a version of this mod was offered in the past as mine has the boogiemen installed.
My biggest concern is replacing cracked sling plastic covers as they are challenge to find.

A few people have made them in the past but as far as I can tell they have all been made from metal (usually aluminum). None of them would be as lightweight as these. The reason being lightweight is important is that the sling action will suffer with increased weight.

I also think these are some of the most affordable ones on the market right now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-dancing-boogiemen-for-ss-at-pinball-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.