20181019_025854 (resized).jpg
20181019_030731 (resized).jpg
20181019_025859 (resized).jpg
BSD cof11 (resized).jpg
BSD cof12 (resized).jpg
BSD cof13 (resized).jpg
BSD cof9 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

NOW AVAILABLE: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02013-bsd-fanged-coffin-casket-and-headstone-mod-replacement

The main request I've had over the last year is to create my own coffin and headstone mods for BSD, and I suppose the Halloween spirit (and being tired of looking at dirty, wrinkled decals ) helped me finally tackle them ReVAMP your game

Initially I was going to offer a polished marble version as well, but I don't think it really fits the game as well as the gray stone. I also experimented with black on the coffin-styled headstone, but it didn't really work for me either.

For now I'm just planning to offer these separate (shipping will combine for a set), with the added option of the metallic bats holding wooden stake casket handles (real wood that's stained and shaped). Pricing will be $49.99 on the Headstone and $59.99 on the casket. $24.99 for the optional bat/stake handles.

((The other mods in the photos are my original prototypes for the castle mods and don't represent what ships with orders on those [mine are missing colors, print detail, vines, etc.])).
BSD Cof1 (resized).jpgBSD Cof1 (resized).jpgBSD cof2 (resized).jpgBSD cof2 (resized).jpgBSD cof3 (resized).jpgBSD cof3 (resized).jpgBSD cof4 (resized).jpgBSD cof4 (resized).jpgBSD cof5 (resized).jpgBSD cof5 (resized).jpgBSD cof6 (resized).jpgBSD cof6 (resized).jpgBSD cof7 (resized).jpgBSD cof7 (resized).jpg
BSD cof8 (resized).jpgBSD cof8 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Can you test it with the Mezel Mods torches, to make sure they fit?

Edit: Don't think they will unless you made it taller.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Can you test it with the Mezel Mods torches, to make sure they fit?

Unfortunately I don't have that mod on me to test (even the Morpheus mod was too tall for my game to fit the glass, and it appears that the mezel mod torch goes above the Morpheus mod, so despite it looking cool, I ended up passing on it for that reason--it seems my machine is in the minority on fit).

I can note that this mod does add about 2.5mm of thickness to the face of the factory headstone (my mod slips over the top with hidden cutouts, so no need to remove rivets, etc). Also, the bats above those holes may additionally interfere with the mezel mods torches. It's possible that the torches would fit if the bats were removed. If there were interest in a version of the headstone without the bats (in the event the torches would fit that way), I imagine I'd make it happen

#4 5 years ago

Have you thought about your own solution for the lights? Making a 'torch' diffuser to attach directly to the stone itself, perhaps with 'flame' LEDs?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Have you thought about your own solution for the lights? Making 'torch' diffuser to attach directly to the stone itself, perhaps with 'flame' LEDs?

That's something I could look into creating as an add-on if the interest and need is there. I can see that the mezel torches may also be odd if they block the Vlad text that can actually be seen on my mod (as opposed to the factory version that hid everything). I do like what they look like, but perhaps I can come up with a solution that works better with my mod.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

That's something I could look into creating as an add-on if the interest and need is there (the mezel mod torches do look great if it's possible to work around what they have).

Yeah, unfortunately they are pretty long, which is problematic even with the standard coffin and gravestone. I had to file the bottom of mine down, and even then they were still less than ideal.

I'm sure you could come up with something of your own that will fit. It'd complete the look IMO.

#7 5 years ago

These are now available to order : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02013-bsd-fanged-coffin-casket-and-headstone-mod-replacement

I'm unsure what the response will be, but I'll try to get as many to people by Halloween as I can. Tentatively starting shipping on Monday.

#8 5 years ago

The set is now also available on eBay, but Pinside pricing is better due to lower fees (I know sometimes they do deals that make eBay the better buy, and easier for me on international with Global shipping). ebay.com link: 711 53200 19255 0

I had teased a marble version elsewhere and have at least one Pinsider interested in that version, so I'll paint up a final version of that and post it later in the week

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The set is now also available on eBay, but Pinside pricing is better due to lower fees (I know sometimes they do deals that make eBay the better buy, and easier for me on international with Global shipping). ebay.com link
I had teased a marble version elsewhere and have at least one Pinsider interested in that version, so I'll paint up a final version of that and post it later in the week

Not 100% sure, but I think maybe a slightly thicker spray on undercoat may look better on these, to hide the ridges of the 3D print better, then bring the texture back with the painting.

#10 5 years ago

That’s what I’m talking about! I don’t own BSD, but this looks great! Nice job.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not 100% sure, but I think maybe a slightly thicker spray on undercoat may look better on these, to hide the ridges of the 3D print better, then bring the texture back with the painting.

I'll test doing a thick spray coat before paint to see where that gets me, though it does look good in the machine as is--some of the photos are showing zoomed in details that aren't noticeable unless you look up close, but I can see the casket teeth benefiting from a bit of smoothing. The Headstone comes out looking rather smooth as is. I do print these with higher detail than several of my other mods (thus taking a longer time for the size), and the side bat option is printed at the very detailed layer height of .06mm. Alas, 3D printing in the form I use it lends itself to some degree of ridges in the print, but extra coats do smooth it out (the marble version I'll show of this mod later this week gets 4 coats of clear to be smooth enough to look closer to polished marble).

Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s what I’m talking about! I don’t own BSD, but this looks great! Nice job.

Thank you!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Have you thought about your own solution for the lights? Making a 'torch' diffuser to attach directly to the stone itself, perhaps with 'flame' LEDs?

Currently printing the first test with transparent red filament I had on hand. I do have Comet Fire bulbs on hand as well. If it works I'll get a video up later on.

#13 5 years ago

This thing looks killer man!! My coffin is cracked very slightly on the front above the wireform too. I think I’ll have to order one.

Any chance you could not sharpen the wood on the sides and leave it like carrying handles if I order one? I do like the bats and the added details with those included.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This thing looks killer man!! My coffin is cracked very slightly on the front above the wireform too. I think I’ll have to order one.
Not sure Drac would appreciate having a nice sharpened stake mounted on his coffin ripe to kill him. Any chance you could not sharpen the wood on the sides and leave it like carrying handles if I order one? I do like the bats and the added details with those included.

Appreciate the compliment

Can always send a PM with an order for such requests. I can round the ends of the wood instead and have stain on the entire piece.

#15 5 years ago

Here's where I'm at with adding a torch option with the mod. I'll make handles for them next (it will obscure a bit of the text that way, but I can see how some would prefer that look [not like we could ever see the text on the factory stone anyway ]) I'll throw up a video clip soon as well.

BSD cof9 (resized).jpgBSD cof9 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

Not great quality video, but just an idea for now of what these could look like (again, I'll make handles for them to complete the look as an option as well).

Note: Only my right side FIRE bulb was working properly--the left side just flickered all the lights, which doesn't look as good.

#17 5 years ago

Those fire bulbs are the closest thing to fire I've ever seen in a pin! Do you sell just those?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Those fire bulbs are the closest thing to fire I've ever seen in a pin! Do you sell just those?

I'm making these specifically to fit my mod, but the Fire SMD/LED lights themselves can be purchased from Comet (I've used them in a bunch of my games where the Fire effect is neat (loved them in MET for the FUEL inserts): https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm

Mezel Mods also makes a cool torch mod, but I'm not sure if it's more universal or not : https://mezelmods.com/collections/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-mods/products/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-torches?variant=6002587369501

#19 5 years ago

Some photos showing the marble version (I'll list this option if there's a desire for it--it was my original plan for it, but I decided the gray stone fit the machine better and also matches my previous mods [a Pinsider that caught my sneak peek early reveal in a more obscure thread wanted to see the final version done in marble]). I suppose I should install it for pics if anyone could be on the fence.

Also pics of the unlit torches with handles (final version of the torch fire will be smooth and glossy).

BSD cof11 (resized).jpgBSD cof11 (resized).jpgBSD cof12 (resized).jpgBSD cof12 (resized).jpgBSD cof13 (resized).jpgBSD cof13 (resized).jpg

#20 5 years ago

Didn't think I'd like the polished marble version as much in the game, but I may prefer it now. I'll add the marble option to the shop for anyone interested (bit more time consuming, but no extra charge). LED/SMD flashers are recommended. For the marble version, it's semi-transparent, so it offers a bigger flash out the sides as well (red on mine). I'll add a video soon. I also like the torches on this version better as the letters are already hard to see, and the contrast helps the fire pop more. Still unfinished torches shown.

20181019_025854 (resized).jpg20181019_025854 (resized).jpg20181019_025859 (resized).jpg20181019_025859 (resized).jpg20181019_030731 (resized).jpg20181019_030731 (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago

Video of the marble with the red SMD side-flashers shining through:

BSD cof14 (resized).jpgBSD cof14 (resized).jpg
#22 5 years ago

This is how the paint is shipping on the standard/stone production version. Some sanding and three undercoats before painting (as Owen suggested) to reduce the 3D print appearance. Turns out great that way.

Current orders with torches will ship out on Friday, presuming USPS gets my Comet FIRE order to me on the estimated day (I didn't have many Fire bulbs on hand as the torches weren't part of the original plan).
BSD cof15 (resized).jpgBSD cof15 (resized).jpg

#23 5 years ago

Damn Greg! Getting ready to place my order, now I’m debating on that marble finish. Vid of that looks great.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn Greg! Getting ready to place my order, now I’m debating on that marble finish. Vid of that looks great.

Ha! Thank you

Yeah, the marble looks better than I thought and doesn't clash with my other mods as I thought it may (I even like the contrast). I don't even know which version I recommend. Thus far the gray stone has received the most interest.

Just let me know whatever you decide and we'll make it so

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just let me know whatever you decide and we'll make it so

I’m staring at the pics and the video over and over...I’ll decide by the weekend!

#26 5 years ago

That looks amazing with the flickering torches, great work. I'll be ordering a set to replace my original melted coffin.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks amazing with the flickering torches, great work. I'll be ordering a set to replace my original melted coffin.

Thank you, I appreciate the interest and positive feedback. I've seen several melted original coffins and would suggest replacing the flashers with a cooler SMD type if not done already

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Good deal Jeremy....I know you’ve been posting for quite a while about finding a replacement coffin. And this is definitely an upgrade.

#29 5 years ago

Orders with torches placed before 10/23 are shipping today! Other current orders will ship Monday or Tuesday.

Couple finished torch pics added. The flames wrap around the bats, giving a bit more depth to the fire effect IMO. I'll be shipping the torch orders attached to the mod, but they will be removable if desired (they insert like a plug, so no adhesives are used).

Very hard to tell these headstones are 3D printed with all the prep/paint stages. Even on the zoomed in, much larger than actual size picture, you'll struggle to find print lines

EDIT: The side photo also shows the hidden slit that allows my mod to slide over the factory headstone face.

BSD cof16 (resized).jpgBSD cof16 (resized).jpgBSD cof17 (resized).jpgBSD cof17 (resized).jpg

#31 5 years ago

Great job Greg!!!! Still hunting for my second BSD

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great job Greg!!!! Still hunting for my second BSD

Thank you! And good luck in the search. I can't imagine anyone selling a BSD before Halloween is over, so perhaps November may loosen someone's grip . I have no intention of ever selling mine

#33 5 years ago

Hopefully you'll have more of these mods in the future

#34 5 years ago

Here are a few clearer shots of the bat/stake casket handle option. These are intentionally installed a bit forward on the casket and show better in the game that way in addition to taking the rail switch and my switch cover mod into account. The stakes themselves are held snug, but aren't glued in, so they can be adjusted if necessary or desired.

BSD cof18 (resized).jpgBSD cof18 (resized).jpgBSD cof19 (resized).jpgBSD cof19 (resized).jpgBSD cof20 (resized).jpgBSD cof20 (resized).jpg

#35 5 years ago

One of my customers sent me this photo of their modded BSD. Looks awesome!! Not sure if they'd like to remain anonymous, but thanks to them just the same I always appreciate the chance to see my mods with different surroundings, lighting choices, etc.

BSDPP2 (resized).jpgBSDPP2 (resized).jpg
#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

One of my customers sent me this photo of their modded BSD. Looks awesome!! Not sure if they'd like to remain anonymous, but thanks to them just the same I always appreciate the chance to see my mods with different surroundings, lighting choices, etc.
[quoted image]

Awesome work Greg!

2 weeks later
#37 5 years ago

Black Friday sale prices have been posted. $10 off EACH main piece, so essentially $20 off the full set

These will last until Sunday night.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend

#38 5 years ago

Price changes after the Black Friday sale has ended: Standard pricing has been reduced by $5 on each main piece (to $45/$55). The bat handle set has been increased by $5 to $24.99 (overall, still a lower price on the full set, which has been the preference thus far).

1 month later
#39 5 years ago

I had a custom order for the headstone dates to be changed to 1431 - 1897 (to use a date based on the book rather than the film).

So I've now added that option to the shop for anyone else that would prefer the date this way

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02013-bsd-fanged-coffin-casket-and-headstone-mod-replacement

#40 5 years ago

Pic of the 1897 option.

20181231_183137 (resized).jpg20181231_183137 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#41 4 years ago

Just one set left on hand from the previous run, ready to ship (1992 version). Out of stakes for now, but can make them if desired. Making more parts soon.

1 year later
#42 3 years ago

Hi Medisinyl, really really keen to buy one of your coffin mods in the stone look. Best I have seen out there. How is the best way to organise. Many thanks!

2 months later
#43 2 years ago

These are now discontinued.

I'll have a few sets left after satisfying the current list (everyone should now have received a message--if you asked to get on the list and didn't receive anything, let me know).

The torches and stake handles are no longer an option (I could offer the 3D files if desired just for those optional pieces). These last sets would be $115 shipped domestic (international also available, just PM for a quote).

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: SOLD OUT. Thanks again to everyone that supported them while in production

#44 2 years ago

No!!! That’s a shame. I have this and it’s an awesome mod. Now I can feel privileged to have it in my game.

2 years later
#45 3 months ago

Just a new year bump hoping like hell you do another run...I loved this on my last bsd! Please Sir!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-custom-bsd-coffin-and-headstone-mods-medisinyl-mods-dracula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.