Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A1F7F04E-BD62-4DDB-9DE0-5E25A887F35C.gif
20190529_204409 (resized).jpg
20190529_204412 (resized).jpg
20190511_152259 (resized).jpg
Monitorstand3 (resized).jpg
Monitorstand2 (resized).jpg
Monitorstand1 (resized).jpg
P_20181126_100239_vHDR_Auto[1] (resized).jpg
P_20181126_100039_vHDR_Auto[1] (resized).jpg
Serial-Connection (resized).png

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago

VERY Interested to purchase this!

#52 1 year ago

I’d like to purchase as well

#53 1 year ago

You already can order. But be aware that it's NOT a plug'n'play solution. Instead you need to do the assembling and wiring on your own. What is needed is described a few posts above.

Also be aware that it's not only a replacement for the holidays but also a sound replacement, which is of course a lot of additional value on its own.

Br Steve

3 months later
#54 1 year ago

Following

#55 1 year ago

I would be all in on this but I need it to be plug and play and already loaded with video or pics.

#56 1 year ago

I would of course pay extra.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would be all in on this but I need it to be plug and play and already loaded with video or pics.

I need to think about it. At the moment I simply don't have the time to prepare everything so that you have your plug'n'play, regardless of paying.

In general to me it is not a question of money, I make my money not with pinball stuff, but in my real worlds job. So far sorry no plug'n'play.

Br Steve

1 week later
#58 1 year ago

I would pay $100 over your cost for plug and play!

#59 1 year ago

Im looking to build one here shortly and would be interested in offering them as a kit here stateside

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Me also.

#61 1 year ago

Anyone here a video master and can maybe add some new content?

#62 1 year ago

Count me in

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from steve45:

At the moment I simply don't have the time to prepare everything so that you have your plug'n'play, regardless of paying.

Quoted from 2manypins:

I don´t think that is enough to change his mind.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I don´t think that is enough to change his mind.

I raise it to $150

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I raise it to $150

Quoted from steve45:

regardless of paying.

Maybe if you offer him something he is interested in but I don´t think it is money.

#66 1 year ago

Im building a kit. Once i get it with instructions and a template i will offer it here plug n play stateside

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Maybe if you offer him something he is interested in but I don´t think it is money.

how about cocaine and strippers over your cost

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from steve45:

I need to think about it. At the moment I simply don't have the time to prepare everything so that you have your plug'n'play, regardless of paying.
In general to me it is not a question of money, I make my money not with pinball stuff, but in my real worlds job. So far sorry no plug'n'play.
Br Steve

Like!!! Creech was next for a few things...Def interested in this.... following

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im building a kit. Once i get it with instructions and a template i will offer it here plug n play stateside

You have my full support. /Steve

#70 1 year ago

Quoted from steve45:

You have my full support. /Steve

Sounds promising...let us know, I will be following.

#71 1 year ago

Interested

#72 1 year ago

Im awaiting steves breakout board. I will make it so that its plug n play. Ill offer it in two configurations original audio or modified. If you want it beyond that itll be up to the end user. Im gonna try to find the most logical way for someone to quickly mount the screen with a template and prebuilt wite harnesses etc. Once his kit gets here should be shortly after and ill take orders then. Know though that with international shipping it wont be a overnight project. Also anyone in here good at making new video content

#73 1 year ago

I'm in on a stateside kit that is as close to plug and play as possible.

1 week later
#74 1 year ago

Update on the stateside kit. Waiting on my parts from germany. Currently got a prototype screen mount, power supply set and some plug n play cords. The power supply will use your service outlet on the game. Also anyone wanting to get involved in some custom videos to improve this beyond the current is welcome to message me

#75 1 year ago

Once i get all the parts verify it works ill take orders. Promise guys this is finally gonna happen

#76 1 year ago

That other guy is going to wind up losing out because he is dragging his feet.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

hat other guy is going to wind up losing out because he is dragging his feet.

Judging by the delays, I think more than feet are involved. He may be dragging his entire body at this point.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Judging by the delays, I think more than feet are involved. He may be dragging his entire body at this point.

He has gone so far, I don't get why he wont finish it

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

He has gone so far, I don't get why he wont finish it

He’s done this on every project he announced - none of them are finished except Pin2DMD which he keeps changing. Don’t hold your breath. He’s only one guy and his ambitions are outmatching his ability to realize them right now.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He’s done this on every project he announced - none of them are finished except Pin2DMD which he keeps changing. Don’t hold your breath. He’s only one guy and his ambitions are outmatching his ability to realize them right now.

Yeah im over his. Mine will be better anyhow. So it'll include original sound or a new mix or classic era songs. We are also looking at adding a Juke box function where you can select your songs via the flipper button prior to ball launch. Lastly we plan to use the video platform concept from mike D to begin but develope new video, screens etc. That will update it more. The idea is get the working product out there find what people want and leave it open source so people can contribute. Part of this will also involve over time a arduino that will trigger lighting effects. For now a plug n play kit that will work. Then blow everyones mind

#81 1 year ago

Yeah im over his. Mine will be better anyhow. So it'll include original sound or a new mix or classic era songs. We are also looking at adding a Juke box function where you can select your songs via the flipper button prior to ball launch. Lastly we plan to use the video platform concept from mike D to begin but develope new video, screens etc. That will update it more. The idea is get the working product out there find what people want and leave it open source so people can contribute. Part of this will also involve over time a arduino that will trigger lighting effects. For now a plug n play kit that will work. Then blow everyones mind

Well get busy.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well get busy.

Lol i am just waiting on the parts from Germany.

#83 1 year ago

I am definitely in for such a product as long as it gets ready in an acceptable time (and price).
I am on standby since some years now for a replacement of the hologram of my Creature (but looking for a more or less plug and play solution).

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The only reason why PIN2DMD is finished is because he only needed to create a custom pcb based on the schematics I published. All firmware programming has been done by me and Steve45. The same with his DMDMK66 project which is nothing but a copy of the RGB.DMD code of ecurtz on github. When it comes to programming he seems to be only capable of very basic things like changing the boot text to pretend that it is his own project.

#85 1 year ago

I'm building a kit. Once I get it with instructions and a template i will offer it here plug n play stateside

I would like to be on the list for your plug-n-play version.

#86 1 year ago

Great news,, well done! Any idea on the price?

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Great news,, well done! Any idea on the price?

Not sure hopeing not to out source any materials and keep them in house

#88 1 year ago

Are there options not to have sound? I’m interested in video mod, but don’t need sound etc as I already have that covered via Pinsound.
I may be interested depending on price. Thanks for doing this.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from lucky1:

The only reason why PIN2DMD is finished is because he only needed to create a custom pcb based on the schematics I published. All firmware programming has been done by me and Steve45. The same with his DMDMK66 project which is nothing but a copy of the RGB.DMD code of ecurtz on github. When it comes to programming he seems to be only capable of very basic things like changing the boot text to pretend that it is his own project.

Well.. you heard it here first folks. I kinda had a feeling. You guys have been producing results for at least 6 years now. I’m on board. Funny that the DMDMK66 project is based on RGB.DMD; I had been looking for one of those boards populated for a long time, but I ended up just using the DMD extender. You and Steve continue to put out great parts that WORK and are done in a reasonable amount of time and aren’t too expensive. Bravo.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Are there options not to have sound? I’m interested in video mod, but don’t need sound etc as I already have that covered via Pinsound.

Probably eventually - but right now the sound is more or less required because the videos on this board are triggered from sound clips being played

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well.. you heard it here first folks. I kinda had a feeling. You guys have been producing results for at least 6 years now. I’m on board. Funny that the DMDMK66 project is based on RGB.DMD; I had been looking for one of those boards populated for a long time, but I ended up just using the DMD extender. You and Steve continue to put out great parts that WORK and are done in a reasonable amount of time and aren’t too expensive. Bravo.

Just for fun I ported the PIN2DMD firmware to DMDMK66 platform which is practically a teensy 3.6. Took me only 4 weeks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-running-on-an-alternative-device
I feel sad for the people who are fooled by the promises he made the last years and will obviously never keep. "His" DMDMK66 magic editor for example is well programmed by a guy named Carmello but unfortunatelly there will never be a firmware from him making use of it because of the lack of the programming skills he has.
Currently he is searching for a programmer to port RGB.DMD to the new RT1020 based DMDMX77 he already announced http://www.todopic.com.ar/foros/index.php?topic=49427.0
and for someone taking care of the videoplayer needed for the Creature Mod here
http://www.todopic.com.ar/foros/index.php?topic=49424.0
Unfortunatelly that will not solve the problems he has, but only port them to a new platform and I´m really sceptical that someone is willing to take over his work.
Maybe I should jump in

P.S. The links above to the spanish forum don´t work anymore. He just removed them His name in the spanish forum is Planeta9999. Reading his posts there give you an impression which problems he has. Just like his posts here https://community.pixelmatix.com/u/pinballsp/activity

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Eventually ill offer one without the sound but you can load the original sounds on it. You'll of course have to find other use for your pinsound. Right now my focus is to get a working model in peoples hands before i do anything custom. Im hoping from there people can contribute and we upload new videos etc and make it a more updated better version than mikes. His was revolutionary and a great idea. Now lets get it remade then improve. I was one of those people hoping for someone to make a plug n play but now it looks like i gotta take the reigns to make it happen. Patience. Once i get everything it wont be long

#93 1 year ago

Following this with great antici...pation. I missed out on Mikes and that just makes me want one even more.

#94 1 year ago

Build it Robert, I'm a guarantee buy!

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from Gooch:

Build it Robert, I'm a guarantee buy!

Sounds good. Like i said once i get the parts which are on their way it should be very short ill be taking orders

#96 1 year ago

Robert. will your mod work with a Pinsound board?

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Robert. will your mod work with a Pinsound board?

No youll need to replace it but you can put the same mix on this

#98 1 year ago

Still awaiting for my pieces from steve for test out. Got power taps and mounts ready. Shouldn't be too much longer, once i get a working example ill post some videos. To save time etc once i show that ill take preorders. Those of you that delt with me powdercoating etc should know im good on my word and we will begin by ordering bulk from steve his raspi board.

#99 1 year ago

Parts are here pulled my hologram and other associated parts. Now to assemble this bad boy

20190511_152259 (resized).jpg
#100 1 year ago

Excellent

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside