Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

spaceshuttlefinished5_(resized).jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

He posted it on RGP. He bailed on Pinside. We lost a great resource.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

O have a scanner, though I don't know if it works with this windows 8.

What scanner?

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

We lost a great resource.

Serious question - what exactly did he provide that was useful? Most of his knowledge of screenprinting was hyperbole, and all I really saw him contribute was arguments and blowing his top.

CPR Kevin, on the other hand, has dropped TONS of useful info, that's well researched and documented, with plenty of photos - go read the 8BD thread for proof of that, for example.

#104 3 years ago

For all the negatives you can think that Stu said...as well as arguing his views....I still did like and respect the fact he let us know of upcoming and finished CPR products...my 2 cents

#105 3 years ago

For all those who seem to enjoy poking at Stu, I will invoke Steve Jobs. "What have you done that's so great?" Stu has done a lot for pinball. Making smartass remarks on Pinside ain't doing much at all.

#106 3 years ago

No poking coming from me...I am thankful for Stu, Kevin, and all those that make reproductions for all of us pin enthusists.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

. Ill probably never buy a NIB pin (I could give a rats ass about nearly all of the themes coming out) and these CPRs makes playing my favorites like brand new (actually better since most are system 11's).

Couldn't agree more, I had the same exact thought! I own 8 pins - zero of them are NIB and my least-old game is almost two decades old now. CPR playfields ARE my NIB!

spaceshuttlefinished5_(resized).jpg

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

For all those who seem to enjoy poking at Stu, I will invoke Steve Jobs. "What have you done that's so great?" Stu has done a lot for pinball. Making smartass remarks on Pinside ain't doing much at all.

Wow, I was doing a similar "what have you done" post and then backed away. Thanks. Stu knows his temper. Why do you think his avatar had duct tape across him mouth. He announces and discusses but like anyone else does not want to be pounced on. Because he also played by the rules here and didn't totally speak his mind.

Have you talked with him in private? Very willing to discuss anything. But if you want to make a public special there is only so much.

#109 3 years ago

In a regular email exchange, Stu is a great, insightful guy.

But on the forum, people knew how to press his buttons and.......well we know.

Hopefully he returns someday.

#110 3 years ago

This may be a dumb question but how do you know for sure if you are "on the list"? I have emailed about Medusa and Fishtales but I have heard nothing back. I have sent a few emails asking if they got my intent to buy...no response.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

This may be a dumb question but how do you know for sure if you are "on the list"? I have emailed about Medusa and Fishtales but I have heard nothing back. I have sent a few emails asking if they got my intent to buy...no response.

Before the Pre-Order list closes/fills up you go to this link below. Click on PF that has open slots to preorder click and follow instructions from that point.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

They just drop your email into a folder for the product you say you want. When the product is getting ready to ship they go down the list and reply to the email asking if you are buying or passing. That's when you will hear from them.

#113 3 years ago

You should get an autoreply from the inbox immediately after sending your email. I did for Gorgar.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

You should get an autoreply from the inbox immediately after sending your email. I did for Gorgar.

Then this is new. None of the previous playfields I have ordered and gotten worked this way.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Then this is new. None of the previous playfields I have ordered and gotten worked this way.

Here's the email I got right back:

GORGAR PREORDER - this email is to confirm the receipt of your email into the preorder inbox. If you were sending a preorder, please keep this email as your receipt for date & time of your contact. Please do not send multiples - if you have this response, your preorder is added to the production numbers. If something changes and you must cancel your preorder, please email into the SAME INBOX using the SAME PLAYFIELD LINK at our site, and state your cancellation. You will also get this auto-response to confirm the arrival of that email as well.

#116 3 years ago

I got an auto-confirmation very quickly after I submitted my pre-order as well. Within a couple minutes.

#117 3 years ago

Gorgar !!!

#118 3 years ago

Also can confirm that you'll get an email notification when you "sign up". I was a Whirlwind playfield sign up on the first run and missed getting one too.

I don't remember if they did email confirmations back then but would assume so. Problem is I save emails like this but that was a few years now.

But happy they're getting some more coming soon!

#119 3 years ago

WOW!! Eightball Deluxe is Full and Closed Already. Didn't need one but it's having me rethink ordering some of the others that I have not yet.

#120 3 years ago

I have never received an automatic reply in the past either. Followed the instructions and then nothing.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

I have never received an automatic reply in the past either. Followed the instructions and then nothing.

Shoot an email over to the below and ask about your preorder. Better to know now then later.

inbox@classicplayfields.com

1 week later
#122 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

So once again they're doing widebody playfields and no Embryon. Come on, do the full set, please.

In a way I'm glad they have not done an Embryon PF. Glad they remade the plastics though. For a low production game (~2250 units) I'm not sure the ROI is there. I am being a bit selfish saying that because not having a repro PF increases the value of my restored Embryon.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

I have ordered 4 PFs and got an auto reply on every one

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Shoot an email over to the below and ask about your preorder. Better to know now then later.

Good luck with that. I emailed them weeks ago about a question, and heard nothing back from them.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Good luck with that. I emailed them weeks ago about a question, and heard nothing back from them.

I received a response the same day.

3 weeks later
#126 3 years ago

Anyone heard anything about a run of plastics to accompany the purchase of the WW and ES playfields???

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone heard anything about a run of plastics to accompany the purchase of the WW and ES playfields???

ES plastics were just run a couple months ago. Available now.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside