Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

spaceshuttlefinished5_(resized).jpg

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Is it pathetic to be almost as excited getting a playfield(and knowingly be waiting over a year) as you were in getting the actual pinball machine itself?

Anticipation is part of the fun. Makes me feel like a kid staring at a Sears catalog waiting for Christmas to get here.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Is it pathetic to be almost as excited getting a playfield(and knowingly be waiting over a year) as you were in getting the actual pinball machine itself?

NOPE! The machine is usually easier to get than a new playfield, so im more excited aboout this!

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anticipation is part of the fun. Makes me feel like a kid staring at a Sears catalog waiting for Christmas to get here.

The Sears catalog.... that was a different excitement.... LOL

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

The Sears catalog.... that was a different excitement.... LOL

In this regard, I'm referring to the toy section.

#55 3 years ago

Wow, KISS! After all the talk about it, I'd given up! I always thought this was a no brainer for these CPR to produce, but knew there were concerns/issues with licensing.

Since my game will be nearly all repro parts, I'd be fine if they made some changes/enhancements to the playfield on this one.

My game will be the equivalent of finding a cheap '69 Charger with major rust, holes in the frame rails, and much of the little bits missing and rebuilding it from mostly new parts. I bought the repro plastics when IPB did them, same with the backglass.

I actually cut nearly all of the panels to build a new upper and lower cabinet this winter, but never got around to buying the lock-miter bit to finish it off.

#56 3 years ago

Am I missing something? When I go to the site I see none of these titles for ore order

I really hope we see a Taxi on the list!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Am I missing something? When I go to the site I see none of these titles for ore order
I really hope we see a Taxi on the list!

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Scroll down..... select "Send email here"

#58 3 years ago

Thanks , I see it now

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Looks my hopes for Banzai Run are further down the road. It must be a low demand title.

I added Banzai to my Boutique list anyways.

Put in for EBD and Boutique Sorcerer and Barracora as well.

#60 3 years ago

I think Kruzman has an ebd that he cleared allready

#61 3 years ago

Another vote for Banzai Run, it used to be on the list but has never made it back.

#62 3 years ago

Wow, Barracora!

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I thought the same thing, but was browsing on my Ipad. I have no idea how to refresh the page on an Ipad. Went to my PC, saw the new listings, pre-ordered my ES playfield. Life is good!

Dare I ask if they will please rerun the backglass?

#64 3 years ago

Need advice: I pre-ordered a whirlwind playfield, but in my haste, I completely forgot to include my address in the email (everything else is there though). I emailed their "contact us" address to explain my situation, but I haven't heard from them all day. I *really* don't want to miss out on this. Does forgetting my address invalidate my pre-order you think?

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

WooHooo!!!
CPR is going to make 8 ball deluxe playfields again.
Got my pre-order in.

I have an extra set of plastics to go with it! PM for special pricing just for you, indypinhead!

#66 3 years ago

Just put in for Gorgar. Can't wait.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I have an extra set of plastics to go with it! PM for special pricing just for you, Indypinhead!

Eight Ball Deluxe full repro set available. PM if interested.

#68 3 years ago

Is CPR planning to offer the plastics sets for these playfields too? Especially ones like Playboy and EBD that they have already produced awesome reproductions of? A CPR Kiss plastics set would also be better than the ones currently on the market.

How about backglases? People are willing to kill for Playboy and Kiss backglasses now. EBD isn't quite as bad but there's a demand for more of them too.

#69 3 years ago

Preordered a KISS playfield. Mine is well worn w/an overlay in the middle and a playfield protector. Some touchups. Plays great and the backglass is in VG shape. Plastics good too. A new playfield will be great. Already have a Playboy that had a CPR playfield in it when I got it. It is nice. My KISS is a keeper so I see it as an investment. Even if I never install it, it should always fetch decent money...............

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Preordered a KISS playfield. Mine is well worn w/an overlay in the middle and a playfield protector. Some touchups. Plays great and the backglass is in VG shape. Plastics good too. A new playfield will be great. Already have a Playboy that had a CPR playfield in it when I got it. It is nice. My KISS is a keeper so I see it as an investment. Even if I never install it, it should always fetch decent money...............

It's nice to have at least one spare set of plastics for backup if you plan to save a machine as a "keeper".

An extra backglass is nice to have too.

#71 3 years ago

This is awesome news thanks for posting. Bad thing is that I need a WW, ES, and Shadow.... just take my money please.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Does anybody buy spare playfields(for later swap) for pinball machines that are never leaving the game room, even if the current playfield is in good shape?

I do. I bought the BoP repro and found an NOS Centaur. Current playfields are in nice shape, but both pins will get a full restoration down the road. On the order list for the Atlantis playfield by Wade.

#73 3 years ago

Diner would be nice.. Mine isn't bad and has mylar, but would want a CPR for sure.

#74 3 years ago

Gorgar and WW, Check and check.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Is CPR planning to offer the plastics sets for these playfields too? Especially ones like Playboy and EBD that they have already produced awesome reproductions of? A CPR Kiss plastics set would also be better than the ones currently on the market.
How about backglases? People are willing to kill for Playboy and Kiss backglasses now. EBD isn't quite as bad but there's a demand for more of them too.

I bought the IPB plastics way back. Not saying I wouldn't buy another set if CPR ran them, but what do you think they could do differently or improve upon? I'm curious.

I have a Playboy project, and bought the CPR playfield and plastics. My original backglass is 'intact', but has lifting spots, like a cheetah. I'd love to see it reproduced!

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's nice to have at least one spare set of plastics for backup if you plan to save a machine as a "keeper".
An extra backglass is nice to have too.

Yea, I typically have 1 additional backglass for every game I own. Like 45 or so.... Stacks on stacks......

#77 3 years ago

How about a Flash Gordon rerun anyone else hoping for that?

#78 3 years ago

Space Shuttle rerun? These PFs seem to be far and few between.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Does anybody buy spare playfields(for later swap) for pinball machines that are never leaving the game room, even if the current playfield is in good shape?

I preordered one for EBD and I have a very nice playfield already. Just not the biggest fan of overlays. Looks and plays great, but CPR will look better.

#80 3 years ago

I've been on the WW preorder list for several years, but didn't get one on their first run. I wonder if I'm still on their list?

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

I've been on the WW preorder list for several years, but didn't get one on their first run. I wonder if I'm still on their list?

I would sign up again.

#82 3 years ago

I agree, maybe even email Kevin to get that answer to make sure.

#83 3 years ago

Awww yeaaaah! GORGAR! I've got the repro plastics and backglass! This is going to be like brand new game! Can't wait!

#84 3 years ago

WW preordered. Have a set of the CPR repro plastics and was pleasantly surprised that WW PF is being rerun as I missed out on the original run. Thank you CPR.

#85 3 years ago

I'm in on TS. Now all I need is a pin with heavy Sanctum wear!

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Need advice: I pre-ordered a whirlwind playfield, but in my haste, I completely forgot to include my address in the email (everything else is there though). I emailed their "contact us" address to explain my situation, but I haven't heard from them all day. I *really* don't want to miss out on this. Does forgetting my address invalidate my pre-order you think?

No. What has always happed with CPR is they will not contact you until the playfields are done. They will go through them and grade them Gold, Silver, Bronze. Then they will contact batches of preorder people to the email address asking if you are still buying and what grade you want. You can put your address in the payment screen.

Read the order page on the website. The big change is if you pre-order and say you are not buying the playfield. Time until done is a crap shoot. They are supposed to get better (months) but in the past we have waited years to get playfields like TOTAN.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

No. What has always happed with CPR is they will not contact you until the playfields are done. They will go through them and grade them Gold, Silver, Bronze. Then they will contact batches of preorder people to the email address asking if you are still buying and what grade you want. You can put your address in the payment screen.
Read the order page on the website. The big change is if you pre-order and say you are not buying the playfield. Time until done is a crap shoot. They are supposed to get better (months) but in the past we have waited years to get playfields like TOTAN.

So, I put in a preorder for an EBD playfield at $699.

Are the Gold, Silver, Bronze choices different in price and if so, by how much?

#88 3 years ago

damn playfields have gone up a lot in price. No wonder people are paying big money to have stuff restored. I remember when we could buy extra playfields from stern for $250 each. buy as many as you wanted. I had pretty much every new stern playfield and couldn't move them for $300 for years.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

So, I put in a preorder for an EBD playfield at $699.
Are the Gold, Silver, Bronze choices different in price and if so, by how much?

Price difference on a game at that price has been around $50 per grade. If you go to the store you can see high end ones like TOTAN being $100 between grades and Joker Poker being only $20 differences.

But now they are doing something new with the difference in prices between Preorder and Leftover prices. They said they were changing the pricing and ordering structure to help them reduce completion times and minimize getting stuck with stock.

Lots to read on the website.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Price difference on a game at that price has been around $50 per grade. If you go to the store you can see high end ones like TOTAN being $100 between grades and Joker Poker being only $20 differences.
But not they are doing something new with the difference in prices between Preorder and Leftover prices. They said they were changing the pricing and ordering structure to help them reduce completion times and maximize getting stuck with stock.
Lots to read on the website.

Thanks Taxman

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

I bought the IPB plastics way back. Not saying I wouldn't buy another set if CPR ran them, but what do you think they could do differently or improve upon? I'm curious.
I have a Playboy project, and bought the CPR playfield and plastics. My original backglass is 'intact', but has lifting spots, like a cheetah. I'd love to see it reproduced!

The CPR Eight Ball Deluxe plastics were the best reproductions made to date. Better than the IPB versions (although the IPB aren't bad). The CPR plastics were excellent quality and they even included extra slingshot plastics, two different key fobs, and their awesome topper too. There is only one revision I would make and it involves an error that has been perpetuated from Bally since 1981. The clear plastics are not totally-correct. It is present in not only every reproduction attempt that has been made over the years but also in the original NOS sets. You can't blame CPR though. They were only copying the original Bally parts.

It would be nice to see this error eliminated once and for all though. Make sure the holes are correct in the clear outlane pieces and get rid of the erroneous pieces that are not even applicable to the machine. It would be real easy to do and if CPR needs any assistance in weeding out the bad ones and making sure they have all of the needed ones covered I would be more than happy to contribute. It would also be great to get two sets of the outlane clear plastics like they did with the slingshots since they are the ones that need replaced the most-often.

I bought a bunch of the CPR EBD plastics sets. Once I saw how nice they were I stocked-up on them but only have two sets left. I would definitely buy at least two more for every playfield I order and maybe even more than that. They were that good.

I know what you're saying about the Playboy backglasses. I see a lot of people screaming for them. I have at least two backglasses for all of my "keepers" except for Playboy. Mine has some minor damage but isn't too bad and I would definitely like to find an NOS one or a nice CPR replacement for it as backup. I'd probably buy a couple of them.

#92 3 years ago

I decided to order a 2nd 8 Ball Deluxe PF...for my other 8BD pin.

It would REALLY be nice if they decided to run PF plastics as well...and a new 8BD backglass would be even better.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

NOPE. Ill probably never buy a NIB pin (I could give a rats ass about nearly all of the themes coming out) and these CPRs makes playing my favorites like brand new (actually better since most are system 11's). Bad Cats is incredible now.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Whirlwind!!!! Hopefully, this time no crazed inserts!!!!

What do you mean by crazed inserts?

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Space Shuttle rerun? These PFs seem to be far and few between.

^^^THIS

#96 3 years ago

Put my order in for a Gorgar, I am also waiting patiently for Banzai Run Pleeeeez

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What do you mean by crazed inserts?

Crazed inserts occur when the temperature isn't quite right during the injection molding process.

It creates fine "spider-cracking" in the inserts...kind of a "shattered" appearance.

#98 3 years ago

Skateball list is already full with open waiting list slots and has already moved to the cutting now phase. Hopefully, this is a sign of an effort to get these playfields in a more timely fashion which only makes good business sense for CPR. The faster the turnaround, the quicker the return on their investment as long as people don't stiff them on their commitments to buy.

#99 3 years ago

It never fails, I just spent a buttload on 2 EBD's off ebay, and I bought a kiss that cost more than my van. Every time I lay out a bunch of cash for a pf that is getting requested often, just then cpr makes the announcement. the good thing for me is almost 50% of my work is clearing cpr pf;s, which is wonderful, plus this is just pre order, it will be quite a while, or longer. I just got my medusa pf, and I am almost finiahed with my restoration.
BY CHANCE: is there anyone that can make decals or waterslides of the black text on the inserts on the upper right side along the edge. O have a scanner, though I don't know if it works with this windows 8. But if anyone can help.
One more thing, if you have an IPB EBD pf that needs to be dimpled, I am making a template this week.
I hope I am not making any one mad by steppin on this post, I am glad cpr is makin a bunch of awesome titles.
Is there a reason stu didn't make this announcement, or does he have a new name?

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Is there a reason stu didn't make this announcement, or does he have a new name?

He deactivated his account months ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medina, OH
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lisle, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside