• Latest reply 11 years ago by crassmage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8436618818_026927a8b0_z.jpg
8435536809_4965700dd7_z.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MnHotRod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Picked up my new Congo on Saturday. Secured this deal a while ago with a fellow Pinsider. Had to drive to Missouri, 11 hours round trip, to get it. First weekend fell thru do to family plans, second weekend fell thru due to a blown water pump, third weekend was the charm.

Finally unwrapped the game tonight and got it set up. When I plugged it in, I had to run and get my wife and kids so they could see it. I haven't seen a machine this shiny and bright since seeing Tony Middendorf's WPT for the first time. It's like looking at diamonds. The game has a cc'd playfield, wireforms plated by Mike Chestnut, mirror blades, full led's, undercabinet led lighting and a Pinball Pro sub system. It is amazing to just look at, let alone play.

Got some games in tonight before the kids went to bed. Cracked off my best score ever at 1.2 billion on my fourth game. That's not a John Jundt or Jim Stoddard score but it sure felt kick ass for me as a newbie.

Photos below were taken by the previous owner. I'll take some new ones when I get a chance.

Congo Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157632667648536/show/

Looking forward to showing off my games to fellow Pinsiders soon. Woot!!

8435536809_4965700dd7_z.jpg8435536809_4965700dd7_z.jpg 8436618818_026927a8b0_z.jpg8436618818_026927a8b0_z.jpg

#23 11 years ago

Thanks for being awesome to work with Dan. You footing four hours off the roundtrip pickup helped out huge. I am in love with the game. Just flipping the on switch is night and day difference than any Congo I have seen. Millz has a very nice example, but this one just grabs you. It is beautiful to look at and even more fun to play. My favorite callout is "Hippos". You can feel the sub in your hands when that callout kicks in.

I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. Right now the undercabinet lighting just keeps cycling colors as you play. May have to play with the controls on the remote to fix the color to a solid green?

Question: Does the volcano have Phoebe's light mod under it?

#24 11 years ago

LOL, yes. Happy Dan picked me as the guy to get this machine.

Quoted from starfighter:

So YOU'RE the one. Major Score!
I saw this at Dan's place and I was completely blown away by the clearcoated playfield. It is without a doubt, the nicest Congo I have ever seen in person. You are a very lucky dude and I hate you too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MnHotRod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-congo-owner-mn?tu=MnHotRod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.