Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led2.jpg
    LED.jpg
    Bally_Flicker_LED.png
    Bally LED.jpg
    IMG_2922.JPG
    NW-VS-WW.jpg
    ICE-VS-BLUE.jpg
    LED-VS-INCAN.jpg
    comet-led.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 9 years ago

If that's the case, would something like a digital potentiometer IC be worth exploring?

6 months later
    #115 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

IMO, I mix all different brightness of bulbs in Inserts, Playfield, and backbox. I realize this is not common...All kits etc, stress the same bulb everywhere. Regardless of which method, you are correct that people will want different brightness.

I don't tend to mix LED and SMD, but I do use a few different SMD brightnesses and lenses. Some areas on the game need more light than others. However, I don't go exceptionally bright, since I don't want to feel like I need sunglasses while playing the game.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A $50 board, and $60- $70 for a wide assortment of bulb choices that exist, means $110-$120, or at most a $30-$40 savings. For many, this will certainly drives sales.....we all like to save.

I drive across town to save 5 cents per gallon on gas. Saving $50 on a game is well worth it to me, considering I barely break even just for the cost of parts when I go to sell it anyway. I can easily put that $50 to use elsewhere.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Perhaps a 3rd alternative. Without violating the product and respect of these 2 boards, is there another way to do an add-on?

Not that I can think of. Each bulb need resistance somehow. The pass-through board was the most elegant and quickest way to address the problem without breaking the bank. But if there is a an option that would be $40-$50 cheaper that was just as elegant, I would go with that in a heartbeat for the next game that gets shopped.

4 weeks later
    #129 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I wanted to put LEDs in a Bally 6803, is the Siegecraft the way to go?

Unfortunately, the adapters don't support 6803 systems. Only -17. -35, M-100, and M-200 systems.

Here's an old thread on 6803 systems: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-problems-with-leds-in-bally-6803

4 months later
    #132 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Well, I have a Gameplan and an Allied Leisure Coctail I would like to add LEDs to but they don't make an adapter for. I am not sure if the resistors would work on an Allied Leisure or not. It seems like they should. I can solder no problem but man, I have better use of my time. I would love a drop in LED fix.

I'm not sure if you need to do any modifications. I've seen LEDed GamePlan games, so that system is probably fine. Not sure about Allied Lesiure, but you might be good there as well.

Do you have any spare LED bulbs to test with?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-comet-led-for-classic-ballystern-games?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.