View topic image gallery

cftbl_3d_plastics.jpg
color_dmd.JPG
IMG_3564.jpg
CFTBL.jpg
creech-mouth.jpg
9-23-2013_2-49-46_AM.jpg
9-22-2013_9-43-21_PM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 10 years ago

it would be nice if colorDMD went to using lcd displays which weren't full laptop sized. some of those travel laptops have nice long screens which are 16:9 aspect ratios so they wouldn't be "wasting" the rest of the display area which is hidden when it's mounted to the speaker panel

that might to help bring the price down a bit too if those smaller displays cost less

#62 10 years ago

There is a common misconception that people wore red/blue 3D glasses for 3D films shown in the 50's. All of the feature films from 1952-1955 shown theatrically in 3D (including Creature from the Black Lagoon and its sequel the revenge of the creature) used a polarized process. The lenses of the polarized glasses were the same grayish color as seen in current 3D glasses.
The red/blue anaglyph glasses were used for printed 3D media like comic books.
So to be technically accurate to the era, the lenses in the DMD animation should both be a shade of gray. However the red/blue would look cooler on the color DMD.

agreed, colorizing the dmd graphics to match the glasses of the people on the plastics would have made more sense and added consistency

cftbl_3d_plastics.jpgcftbl_3d_plastics.jpg

edit:
Dmod:
with the cftbl software not being made available until oct 5th, how are the display kits now sold? are they still by game title even though they don't ship with the software rom image pre-loaded or just a single pool of available units?

#72 10 years ago

thanks randy

while I've got your ear, I've got a couple of questions for you. if sigma is installed on every colorDMD that is sold today, why does the colorDMD store site look like it's set up so that you have to pick a pinball title to purchase and display the color display kit for that particular game?

does the game rom code for that particular title come pre-loaded or is it an attempt to track what people are potentially purchasing the display for or just that the store site hasn't been revamped since the switch to shipping them all with sigma installed? (yes, I see that there is an option to purchase the sigma display, but given what you stated above, I'm not understanding why each title is listed separately as well)

#75 10 years ago

one more (technical) question

also, with regard to what colorDMD has released so far, some of the animations look simply incredible, while others (where there is a lot of unique pieces of information on the display at once) look like the method that you are using will only translate a very limited number of colors on the screen at the same time.

technically, with the 128 x 32 dots that you have to work with, if you're able to display a different color for each dot, you should be able to display 4,096 colors at once.

however, looking at the promo videos for titles like monster bash and cftbl, it appears that the artists were limited to using as little as 6 or 8 colors at the same time. I'm not knocking what you and the company have been able to accomplish, but rather trying to get a better understanding of if there are actually limitations to the way that the original dmd information is being processed and re-colored.

#76 10 years ago

and one more for the night and then I'll quit bothering you

are there any plans to release colorization tools to the general public so that owner of one of more colorDMD products can take a stab at modifying the colors a bit more to their own personal liking and then colorDMD could potentially offer multiple rom images for a given title?

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Then I realized that they're going to be made available at 8:30 Pacific time! Whew!

less than 2 hours to go before I lighten my wallet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-color-dmd-title-just-saw-on-facebook?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.