Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    D4E88F6F-AA22-4D94-B236-D8E2FABAC683.jpeg
    13721415-37AD-482F-A934-E701891D9CED.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

New color dmd coming ? I heard that a more refined color dmd is coming and pricey ? Anyone else hear this?

#2 6 years ago

It would have to be a shit load more "refined" for me to lay more monies for one. They are awesome, and the best mod for sure, but Jesus how much do you want peoole to spend?

#3 6 years ago

They are good now. Not sure what else they would offer. The Lcd’s monitors sure improve on the game look.

#4 6 years ago

I'd kill for OLED.

#5 6 years ago

Just Bigger!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I'd kill for OLED.

If we're prioritizing, I'd rather have the correct form factor for the LCD versions instead of an ill-fitting square first. I don't have any interest in the LED versions.

#7 6 years ago

Also heard something new is coming but not sure what.

Some sort of replacement for the LCD is closest from rumors.

#8 6 years ago

Awesome. So glad they are gonna offer the large displays now. Hopefully the half size dmd is next.

#9 6 years ago

Hoping that the bigger Sega Type screen becomes available through Randy ... That way Sega owners don't have to go through pin2dmd!

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for mentioning Pin2dmd in a colordmd-thread.
    There are already colorizations for 2 of the 4 Sega games available. Oh, and before I forget it:

—->PIN2DMD-XL for Baywatch<—-
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-

—>PIN2DMD-XL for Batman Forever<—-
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-batman-forever

—->PIN2DMD-XL Hardware<—-
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom/00236-pin2dmd-xl-sega-color-dmd

Happy colorized gaming!!!

13721415-37AD-482F-A934-E701891D9CED.jpeg13721415-37AD-482F-A934-E701891D9CED.jpeg

D4E88F6F-AA22-4D94-B236-D8E2FABAC683.jpegD4E88F6F-AA22-4D94-B236-D8E2FABAC683.jpeg

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rappelbox:

Thanks for mentioning Pin2dmd in a colordmd-thread

Please don't thank me... Your idea of customer service is pathetic , your support is non existant..

#12 6 years ago

...and that’s the reason they will be available from local distributors!
    Every time pin2dmd gets mentioned in a colordmd thread questions, quote requests from customers and companies skyrocket, that’s the reason I thank you!!!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rappelbox:

that’s the reason I thank you!!!

Still a crappy product ... No customer service... Sure your sales will skyrocket but if you go by your track record your future is already written ... You couldn't even send an SD card without 10 emails and a Paypal dispute..
    BUYER BEWARE!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rappelbox:

...and that’s the reason they will be available from local distributors!
    Every time pin2dmd gets mentioned in a colordmd thread questions, quote requests from customers and companies skyrocket, that’s the reason I thank you!!!

You sound like a real beauty.

#15 6 years ago

Inferior product patched together with hot glue and tape. Said product will always be second rate and cost more.

#16 6 years ago

It just an alternative... like smartdmd, the solution from the other guy living in the south of europe, rgb.dmd from Eli and so on. All colordmd fanboys get p*ssed off when alternatives get mentioned. I don’t have any issues with cdmd and if there weren’t other solutions I also would buy them. So please stop trash talking a product you even don’t know personal

#17 6 years ago

Maybe you can stay out of their threads and people won’t get so annoyed

#18 6 years ago

I own both a color DMD (TFTC) and a pin2dmd (SF2)

If I ever have a choice between the two, the choice I'll make is color dmd....every time!!

I'll never be a repeat customer of pin2dmd. Even if they are the only option for a colorized DMD. It's not worth the hassle and time.

#19 6 years ago

I just want to point out there is another choice between ColorDMD and PIN2DMD. The PinballSP DMDMK66 is a drop-in plug-and-play replacement for the plasma displays in the 4 large screen Sega games. The hardware and software is developed in house by a single person, it's priced competitively, and is very easy to install. Luis takes his product and customer service very seriously and unlike ColorDMD's new product (which came out about 2 years too late) it has been extensively tested and has no design related issues like the PIN2DMD shield board.

To order:

Quoted from pinballsp:

You may place order by email [email protected], Skyp pinballsp, Whatsapp +34 693344445 or Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I just want to point out there is another choice between ColorDMD and PIN2DMD. The PinballSP DMDMK66 is a drop-in plug-and-play replacement for the plasma displays in the 4 large screen Sega games. The hardware and software is developed in house by a single person, it's priced competitively, and is very easy to install. Luis takes his product and customer service very seriously and unlike ColorDMD's new product (which came out about 2 years too late) it has been extensively tested and has no design related issues like the PIN2DMD shield board.

To order:

What SEGA games are already full color on his platform?

#21 6 years ago

None, the editing software is in progress and I believe he is simulatnaeously working on colorizing the games. If not someone likely is.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

None, the editing software is in progress and I believe he is simulatnaeously working on colorizing the games. If not someone likely is.

Oh, that's unfortunate. ColorDMD has a long runway on continued domination, then.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

unlike ColorDMD's new product (which came out about 2 years too late) it has been extensively tested and has no design related issues

What makes you think Colordmd hasn't been extensively tested or would have design related issue's?

#24 6 years ago

That's not what I said, here is the full quote.

Quoted from Crash:

Luis takes his product and customer service very seriously and unlike ColorDMD's new product (which came out about 2 years too late) it has been extensively tested and has no design related issues like the PIN2DMD shield board.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-color-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.