(Topic ID: 109360)

NEW Coindoor - What's wrong with this pic?

By Skyemont

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Skyemont
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-386.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Just got in the brand new Marco Specialties coin door. Prices have gone up due to the shortage of coin doors but that's ok. The problem with this coin door is ????? Tell me your thoughts with the below pics. I just got it today and installed it.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-386.jpgimage-386.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

hmmm.....I can't find it!

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, like no wiring? It's for a virtual pinball cabinet, where even the button presses are virtual

at least, I don't see any dianostic/service button wires unless they are really neatly packed away.

#4 9 years ago

I'm sure that I will feel stupid when you point it out, but I don't notice anything glaring either.

#6 9 years ago

Ok, I wasn't going to post because I felt stupid. What's wrong?

#7 9 years ago

coin mechs upside down?

#8 9 years ago

Up-Grade door? Bill accepter knock outs. When your game never had the dollar bill accepter originally?

#9 9 years ago

the coin mechs look upside down

#10 9 years ago

Paid too much for shipping? ???

#11 9 years ago

coin mechs look oxidized?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from dar8dar:

the coin mechs look upside down

Lol, never would have noticed that. Who uses coins??

#13 9 years ago
    #14 9 years ago

Coin mechs are in right. Look oxidized. Maybe rust ? on the coin door front on the wide extrusion between the bill validator holes.

LTG : )™

#15 9 years ago

mechs are right just checked my ss

#16 9 years ago

Not sure what's wrong, but it makes the game look like crap.
    I'll take the game off your hands to help you out.

#17 9 years ago

Brand new coin doors do not come with coin mechs. Marco sold me a used door. They will have some explaining to do tomorrow.

#18 9 years ago

Is that the only indication that it's used? Or is the outside worn too?

It's hard to tell from your pictures.

#19 9 years ago

Interesting. I was looking for coin mechs the other day and nada. You got em for free. Send them this way and I will cover shipping.

#20 9 years ago

How does it lock?

#21 9 years ago

Coin doors usually don't come with a pinball attached to them either

#22 9 years ago

The fact that it has used coin mechs installed at all tells me used door. No mechs come with new coin doors. I just got two other coin doors from them in the past 2 weeks with no mechs. Their web site also shows no mechs. Hmmm,

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Interesting. I was looking for coin mechs the other day and nada. You got em for free. Send them this way and I will cover shipping.

i will call them at 9 am to see what's up. They may want them back but if not they are yours.

#24 9 years ago

That's where all the mechs have gone. Giving them away for free. Who knew?

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

How does it lock?

Lock or look?

#26 9 years ago

Even Congo in the pic knows something isn't right.

#27 9 years ago

Might be the camera flash but the bezels around the coin entry slots look dull grey instead of black.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from michaelgeib:

Might be the camera flash but the bezels around the coin entry slots look dull grey instead of black.

Exactly. I noticed that too. No flash with these pics.

#29 9 years ago

Looks like you got a NOS coin door that has been sitting around for years . This is not like the doors Terry has for sale .

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

This is not like the doors Terry has for sale .

Didn't come from Terry.

LTG : )™

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The fact that it has used coin mechs installed at all tells me used door. No mechs come with new coin doors. I just got two other coin doors from them in the past 2 weeks with no mechs. Their web site also shows no mechs. Hmmm,

Hey, its new to you

#32 9 years ago

I can tell you what's wrong. It does not have a bill acceptor installed.

#33 9 years ago

I only saw what looked to be used coin mechs. All else looked normal to my untrained eye.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Didn't come from Terry.

Exactly. This door looks to be NOS from the W/B days. Terry's doors are sold by a few vendors .

#35 9 years ago

I've never seen the corrugated awning over the coin return slots or the two notches below the lower validator opening. The factory door didn't even have a lower validator opening. I'm not sure where that door came from, but I've never seen another one that looked like that. It may fit the hole, but that ain't right.

#36 9 years ago

Most likely is a true NOS door, and not a recently re-manufactured Entropy door.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Exactly. This door looks to be NOS from the W/B days. Terry's doors are sold by a few vendors .

Quoted from johnwartjr:

Most likely is a true NOS door, and not a recently re-manufactured Entropy door.

If this is the case Skyemont, I would probably keep the door and not compalin as long as its not visibly used. Sounds like McCune and John are pointing out that you have something special there.

#38 9 years ago

Just spoke with Marco. U guys are good. It is a NOS from Illinois Pinball. Marco said when they got these doors they had to take out the coin mechs. Forgot to do it on this one. The door is new. I got free coin mechs.

#39 9 years ago

Free coin mechs?! I think you need to start a companion thread to the shipping gripe thread, now. As a community, we can't let the giving away of coin mechs stand!

#40 9 years ago

Problem solved
    Time for boobies

( . )( . )

#41 9 years ago

The 2 arms are missing on the lock shaft.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I've never seen the corrugated awning over the coin return slots or the two notches below the lower validator opening. The factory door didn't even have a lower validator opening. I'm not sure where that door came from, but I've never seen another one that looked like that. It may fit the hole, but that ain't right.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Problem solved
    Time for boobies
    ( . )( . )

I find it's still a good time even when the problem is not solved

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Looks like you got a NOS coin door that has been sitting around for years . This is not like the doors Terry has for sale .

It may be NOS, but it's not a domestic door. It's a two slot European coin door. See for yourself on IPDB.

Has the original poster tried running a quarter through the coin mechs yet? May or may not work.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

It may be NOS, but it's not a domestic door. It's a two slot European coin door. See for yourself on IPDB.
    Has the original poster tried running a quarter through the coin mechs yet? May or may not work.

What are you basing that off of? A 2 slot Entropy door is a 2 slot Entropy door. The coin chutes are different sizes for different coinages, I believe 3=US.

#46 9 years ago

It does look to say quarters on the inserts.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

See for yourself on IPDB

That is the wrong door for SS and that game has new decals with no lock bar hasp on the cabinet not a accurate picture to go by . OP bought the right door for his game .

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

What are you basing that off of? A 2 slot Entropy door is a 2 slot Entropy door. The coin chutes are different sizes for different coinages, I believe 3=US.

SS pics on IPDB. It looks like other domestic WPC95 games got that door. I'd still like to know if the coin mechs are quarters or something else.

#49 9 years ago

Are you guys saying this is the wrong coin door for my SS..

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Just spoke with Marco. U guys are good. It is a NOS from Illinois Pinball. Marco said when they got these doors they had to take out the coin mechs. Forgot to do it on this one. The door is new. I got free coin mechs.

Nice man. If you don't want the mechs PM me.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coindoor-whats-wrong-with-this-pic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.