st-2.jpg
st-3.jpg
WD pic-2.jpg
im-1.jpg
install-5.jpg
install-10.jpg
install-11.jpg

#1 8 years ago

install-5.jpginstall-5.jpgcsa logo.jpgcsa logo.jpgPlease visit my new website for more info, pics and video.

www.coinslotart.com

COIN SLOT ART is a brand new pinball mod created by Tilttopper.com. This is a fully illuminated product that fits directly over the coin slots on the pinball machine's coin door. Coin slot art is a 3D mod that features custom made molds, artwork and lighting. This unique modification connects directly to the machine via the coin slots for simple 12 volt power. The unit is easily mounted and removed with no damage to the machine.

I began working on this concept in late 2014. Wanting to develop something that was different from most mods, It took me quite a while to make the perfect design. After several prototypes, a final platform was created to build upon. I wanted to use this base to incorporate my artwork, unique lighting effects and custom molds.

I've always found the coin slot area to be a "Dead" area on a pinball machine. This area always seemed to draw my eyes to it instinctively. Maybe it was the years spent in the arcade as a kid. This is a great asset to the amusement operator, but as an artist and collector I found it an unnecessary and ugly part of my pins.

After months of hard work and design, this mod is ready to be produced. I am
very proud of this concept and am happy to now share it with the pinball community.

We have started the release of this mod with a few main titles that I found most interesting. They are...

The Walking Dead
Star Trek
ACDC
The Dark Knight

I am working on many more designs right now and will be releasing them one by one in the coming months. I will also have lists of the upcoming titles on this webpage. You may also join our email list to get updates on new mods when they are released. Whether your favorite pin is a Stern, Williams/Bally, Sega or Gottlieb, don't worry because chances are I will be making one!

I want to thank everyone who has encouraged me during the development of this mod. A special thank you also to the entire pinball community who has supported both myself and my work over the past few years. - Dan

I am taking orders for the first 4 titles now. I am just doing one run of each title right now in order to gage interest. They will be shipping the first week in June. Please feel free to PM or email me with any questions

www.tilttopper.com

WD pic-7.jpgWD pic-7.jpgWD pic-8.pngWD pic-8.png

WD pic-2.jpgWD pic-2.jpg
st-3.jpgst-3.jpg
st-2.jpgst-2.jpg
st-1.jpgst-1.jpg
dk-2.jpgdk-2.jpg
dk-1-1.jpgdk-1-1.jpg
dk-3.jpgdk-3.jpg
hb-1.jpghb-1.jpg
hb-2.jpghb-2.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Very interesting idea!

#3 8 years ago

They look great, but pinball ain't pinball without coin slots

#4 8 years ago

Will they still attach securely on machines with a single coin slot?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

csa logo.jpgPlease visit my new website for more info, pics and video.
http://www.coinslotart.com
COIN SLOT ART is a brand new pinball mod created by Tilttopper.com. This is a fully illuminated product that fits directly over the coin slots on the pinball machine's coin door. Coin slot art is a 3D mod that features custom made molds, artwork and lighting. This unique modification connects directly to the machine via the coin slots for simple 12 volt power. The unit is easily mounted and removed with no damage to the machine.
I began working on this concept in late 2014. Wanting to develop something that was different from most mods, It took me quite a while to make the perfect design. After several prototypes, a final platform was created to build upon. I wanted to use this base to incorporate my artwork, unique lighting effects and custom molds.
I've always found the coin slot area to be a "Dead" area on a pinball machine. This area always seemed to draw my eyes to it instinctively. Maybe it was the years spent in the arcade as a kid. This is a great asset to the amusement operator, but as an artist and collector I found it an unnecessary and ugly part of my pins.
After months of hard work and design, this mod is ready to be produced. I am
very proud of this concept and am happy to now share it with the pinball community.
We have started the release of this mod with a few main titles that I found most interesting. They are...
The Walking Dead
Star Trek
ACDC
The Dark Knight
I am working on many more designs right now and will be releasing them one by one in the coming months. I will also have lists of the upcoming titles on this webpage. You may also join our email list to get updates on new mods when they are released. Whether your favorite pin is a Stern, Williams/Bally, Sega or Gottlieb, don't worry because chances are I will be making one!
I want to thank everyone who has encouraged me during the development of this mod. A special thank you also to the entire pinball community who has supported both myself and my work over the past few years. - Dan
I am taking orders for the first 4 titles now. I am just doing one run of each title right now in order to gage interest. They will be shipping the first week in June. Please feel free to PM or email me with any questions
http://www.tilttopper.com
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
WD pic-7.jpgWD pic-8.png (Click image to enlarge)
WD pic-2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
st-3.jpg
st-2.jpg
st-1.jpg
dk-2.jpg
dk-1-1.jpg
dk-3.jpg
hb-1.jpg
hb-2.jpg

Hey Dan, looks cool. I live in St Paul so what's the price if I pick up? PM me if you wish or post here. Thanks

#6 8 years ago

These look cool. Do you have any pictures of them installed/how they install?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

These look cool. Do you have any pictures of them installed/how they install?

Thank You. Yes each unit fits directly over the 2 coin slots and attach to the machine. They come with a harness and plug that feeds through the coin slot and connects to the unit's 12v. We will have install pics and video on the new website this week

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Thank You. Yes each unit fits directly over the 2 coin slots and attach to the machine. They come with a harness and plug that feeds through the coin slot and connects to the unit's 12v. We will have install pics and video on the new website this week

Cool, looking forward to it.

#9 8 years ago

Brilliant idea Good job

#10 8 years ago

Following

#11 8 years ago

Make one for IM and IM a buyer bud. Great job.

#12 8 years ago

Interesting idea, but not a fan of eliminating coin slots.

#13 8 years ago

For anyone that's on the fence. These look stunning! They almost seem to be part of the game. Easily removed as well.

#14 8 years ago

How much do they cost?

#16 8 years ago

Man, I hope some of my titles get the treatment I would probably be down for these!

#18 8 years ago

I dig it. I for one could care less if games have coin slots. Looking forward to the mm and metallica.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

For anyone that's on the fence. These look stunning! They almost seem to be part of the game. Easily removed as well.

Anyone have install pics yet?

#21 8 years ago

I like the idea of a little extra bling in what is traditionally a dead space visually.

Very cool idea. Good luck with it.

#22 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has placed an order for my new mod. The interest and orders have really spiked this week is really quite inspiring! We are going to have installed pics and video up in the next couple days. Here are a few new close-up shots of the front and back.

wd front-2.jpgwd front-2.jpg back-1.jpgback-1.jpg back-2 copy.jpgback-2 copy.jpg
#23 8 years ago

These look fantastic! One question, is there a version available that allows you to still use a coin slot? Even just one? My machines are set to take tokens to keep my 4 year old from running around the room starting 4 player games on all the machines.

#24 8 years ago

Interesting, but I much prefer coin slots.

#25 8 years ago

Here is the install pics and video. The website will be updated later this week

install-3.jpginstall-3.jpg

install-2.jpginstall-2.jpg install-1.jpginstall-1.jpg install-5.jpginstall-5.jpg install-8.jpginstall-8.jpg install-11.jpginstall-11.jpg install-10.jpginstall-10.jpg
#26 8 years ago

Dan, are other titles in the works? (Iron Man and Avengers)

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dan, are other titles in the works? (Iron Man and Avengers)

Sneak peek...

im-1.jpgim-1.jpg
#28 8 years ago

That looks real cool but seeing it lit up I hope it's not TO bright, especially in a dark room.

#30 8 years ago

TWD ordered. Looking forward to many of the others. Would love one for my Avatar.

#31 8 years ago

Well hell yes! Thanks for the sneak peek. I'm a buyer!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

These look fantastic! One question, is there a version available that allows you to still use a coin slot? Even just one? My machines are set to take tokens to keep my 4 year old from running around the room starting 4 player games on all the machines.

I know... kids just love that flashing button lol. This mod fits over the coin slots so I'm afraid you would still be playing a lot of 4 player games

1 week later
#34 8 years ago

Wanted to post a quick update. The first runs of the coin slot art will be finished and shipping in the next 2 weeks. We are just finishing the molds and will be assembling and shipping the week of June 8th. Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and support -Dan

#35 8 years ago

Thanks for the update Dan. Looks like no one in my area wants one so I'll be just picking mine up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coin-door-mod-by-tiltopper-acdc-twd-dk-and-stle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.