(Topic ID: 184553)

New CoffeeTable... or bring it back to life?

By Sheprd

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tdbc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What would you do?”

• Leave it as a coffee table. 11 votes
    39%
  • Find original boards and make a wiring harness and restore to original. 9 votes
    32%
  • Use a PROC or similar and create a new game, 3 votes
    11%
  • Use something like Rasberry Pi and a driver board to make an attract mode show for it in coffee table use. 5 votes
    18%

(28 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Vegas Inside.jpg
IMG_2946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2945 (resized).JPG
IMG_2944 (resized).JPG
IMG_2943 (resized).JPG
IMG_2935 (resized).JPG
IMG_2934 (resized).JPG
IMAG0331 (resized).jpg
IMAG0330 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheprd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I just picked up a Game Plan Vegas Cocktail pinball machine that has been used as a coffee table. The good news: The playfield is in great shape, as well as the plastics, and no back glass to worry about. The bad news: Someone removed the boards and power supply, and most of the wiring harness. If this was a Bally or Williams, I'm sure I could round up the parts to bring it back to life. Finding boards for a Game Plan may be difficult. Creating a wiring harness would be a ton of work.

What would you do?

IMAG0330 (resized).jpgIMAG0330 (resized).jpg

IMAG0331 (resized).jpgIMAG0331 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Leave it like it is. Great conversation piece.....trust me.
John

I thought of the pieces you have in your living room when I bought this. Thanks John.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

not a perfet answer, but is there a Bally game with simlar features?
Rewire the whole thing to suit bally electronics and out in an altec board

Now that is an option that I did not consider. If I could map lamps and features in a way that would make sense... With the Altec, I would be able to select different built in roms to emulate the closest match. Buy a Bally sound board from Andrew. Hmmmm.

Mac

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

It looks like you are going to need the rest of the cabinet to start with. Check to see if it has the displays.
Cool table.

The displays are intact. Are the boards in the lower cabinet? Thanks for the photo... I was wondering what was supposed to be there. Do have any pictures of the unit opened up where it shows the board layout?

#14 7 years ago

Any thoughts on what to do with the LED displays during the light show? Clock, Date, inside and outside temp?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Some inside pictures.

Thanks for the inside pictures! This looks to be an earlier game than Vegas, but I believe GamePlan only made a few versions of boards. I have a GamePlan Old Coney Island, so I am familiar with the Z80 systems. The Vegas has a sound board and speaker instead of chimes.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

This is the inside of Vegas...

Thanks! I wonder how many of these are still out there...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheprd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coffeetable-or-bring-it-back-to-life?tu=sheprd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.