(Topic ID: 180091)

NEW Code Live! Batman 66 code discussion (v0.68)

By J85M

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

I just went through some play time on .68. There's really not that much new to game play yet. The music was astonishingly loud on mine when I first uploaded. The villain insert does flash to remind you when you're in their modes. You can choose points over a minor villain in the menu, but it still seems to be only music changes when you pick the minor villain. Different skill shot points, but I haven't been able to test the super skill shot yet. The Mystery awards are now present and have pretty cool map graphics from the Batcomputer. Extra ball at two villains and a gadget award graphic now, though I still don't know what I got or how to use it. During multiball there was video of the villains fighting Batman in the Batcave. I don't remember if they were there before or not. Still a dead end after completing all four primary villains. Seemed like higher points awarded overall. No real change in code fun factor though.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to disagree with this. Even though nothing "new" was added (modes), I felt it was more "fun" because more stuff was happening. Just lights, effects, batgadgets. I was getting more of that visceral pinball fun. The Joker multiball now is much more improved and exciting.
I mean, it is what it is, this will be a long process, but it is more fun to play today than it was yesterday.

Well, I'm happy for anyone who finds it more fun and that's the ultimate goal. Quite frankly, I was disappointed in what I could see in my short play time, but that's no big deal cause we're getting quick updates. Maybe I've completed those four villain modes too many times already, but game play seems monotonous right now. I'll explore it a little more, but afterwards I'll probably chill for a few weeks until we get another update and get reacquainted with TWD or Tron while I wait. I'm in no real hurry, updates every two weeks beats every six months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 34.99
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-live-batman-66-code-discussion-v068?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.