Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

please.gif
A9AD6B29-750B-41D0-BCF3-7BA2FF0761D7 (resized).jpeg
DCFC27B3-0B80-4D1B-8A39-FD0ACEB8A80D (resized).jpeg
DBB0644E-2A34-4098-B0C5-B4467A05B5CE (resized).jpeg
C9DB9582-9E48-4D9A-A0C4-7E37292874E9 (resized).jpeg
C31E9B6D-FD5F-485A-8FB4-382ADB15A32F (resized).png
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Help us robertwinter, you’re our only hope!

Whatever new code may come out after 1.85, I will update it with my music changes as needed.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not sure how you tripped it into that hole. When I was capturing for color updates I was mashing ramp switches and it worked normally.

It’s repeatable, but appears to be just a display error.
This is on a 2014 VE running 1.85 (my write-up will have flaws, typing on phone):
You start whiplash.
4hits then asked to hit whiplash for the 2.5m shot.
Another 4 hits til you see zero jackpots remaining. Hit whiplash again for the super. Then you get the 255 remaining. It’s actually counting correctly and gives the next award after 4 or 5 hits, it just displays 255 and counts down...

Anyone got Lyman’s Skype number and I’ll phone it in
A9AD6B29-750B-41D0-BCF3-7BA2FF0761D7 (resized).jpegA9AD6B29-750B-41D0-BCF3-7BA2FF0761D7 (resized).jpegDBB0644E-2A34-4098-B0C5-B4467A05B5CE (resized).jpegDBB0644E-2A34-4098-B0C5-B4467A05B5CE (resized).jpegDCFC27B3-0B80-4D1B-8A39-FD0ACEB8A80D (resized).jpegDCFC27B3-0B80-4D1B-8A39-FD0ACEB8A80D (resized).jpeg

#53 4 years ago

In binary code, the difference between 255 and 0, is just one. So it is probably a bug

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

gives the next award after 4 or 5 hits, it just displays 255 and counts down...

Ah, ok, I was focused on the new display bit and didn't actually pay attention to the number remaining - I thought you were saying you couldn't get to the new super.

Carry on.

#55 4 years ago

Are we expecting another wave of updates or just this courtesy upgrade for this new run

Can’t imagine a lot more coming unless a complete overhaul

How many RE Re Vaults are being built

If more comes I’ll gladly accept just not pushing the luck button or being ungrateful

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Are we expecting another wave of updates or just this courtesy upgrade for this new run

I think this is it other than maybe a bug fix if one is needed.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Can’t imagine a lot more coming unless a complete overhaul
How many RE Re Vaults are being built
If more comes I’ll gladly accept just not pushing the luck button or being ungrateful

I don’t think this had much to do with the re re Vault, back in 2018 Lyman said on a podcast he would like to revisit code on Ironman, I doubt stern knew they where going to re re Vault it back then.

More likely we got this update because the artist that is Lyman wanted to perfect his art.

#58 4 years ago

Please guys tell me if the music and speech attenuation works on your machine? On mine (Original 1.85 code) i can put -40 or 40 it's always at the same level... Thanks

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Please guys tell me if the music and speech attenuation works on your machine? On mine (Original 1.85 code) i can put -40 or 40 it's always at the same level... Thanks

not sure, but does this linked to the DIP SWITCHES country on the mobo... try BELGIUM instead of FRANCE (je déconne pas en plus)

#60 4 years ago

I tried, bit it doesn't work
Merci en tout cas pour la piste, j'avais espoir

#61 4 years ago

Wow! I will be a bit sad to lose the custom songs but this update is like Christmas. Really a nice thing to look forward to installing tonight.

Thank you Lyman!

#62 4 years ago

You have already many codes available with custom songs for 1.85 version

#63 4 years ago

Here is the new code update with AC DC Shot to Thrill, and truth is, I am Iron Man with Black Sabbath at the end of the game. Whiplash with the music from Iron Man 2.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SK4B5N1JJPyDjRnTvmkOrlVsSb12PNDS

Audio levels have all been adjusted.

It sounds badass!

Better than all the rest!!!

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If we do, I'll fix it. Assuming I can get it in without making the file much bigger. I just barely managed to get it to squeeze under the memory limit the first time by jumping through hoops with manually optimizing a bunch of stuff. But maybe Randy's got better compression on stuff now.
Edit: Based on what's in the readme, I would expect the whiplash display changes and super skill shot would be broken at a minimum - but I haven't checked it out yet.

Just checked, running a 1.3B ColorDMD controller in IM-VE, bought that one same era as SM. Hopefully I'm covered if you go over!

#65 4 years ago

Just checked, running a 1.3B ColorDMD controller in IM-VE, bought that one same era as SM. Hopefully I'm covered if you go over!

No worries on size, just in case anybody is wondering. There were changes to the compression when other more video intense games were done that made the IM rom smaller, so it's fine.

#66 4 years ago

Any bugs in the new code?
Thx!

#67 4 years ago

So thankful for the new code, and the job Robert Winter did updating the music. Game now sounds like my old code but plays with all the new features.

Some thoughts:

1) The plunge skillshot into the rollovers for 1M isn't easy at all. Good risk/reward now. Do you take the risk for the 1M, or do you leave the post up & collect an easy 250K+. Plunge to hard & you don't get jack.

That said, I think there's a missed opportunity here for a Super Skillshot & I hope Lyman considers doing a little more polish. I would like to see a Superskill shot that utilizes the sweet flowing Bogey ramps. Hold left flipper & do a full plunge past the lowered post to the LT flipper, then chain & stack together RT & LT ramp shots over & over to amass a HUGE super skillshot. That's a fast shot of adrenaline for the player on every plunge!

2) Leaderboards! Nuff said!

3) I love the fact you can light the extra ball insert now after collecting 2 sets of standup targets. Simple solution to a much needed feature. When your outlanes are set to wide open like mine, the earnable extra ball is greatly appreciated. But there's another layer of strategy now. Sure you can go right for lighting the EB insert, but you'll have to start double scoring to do it. And if you want huge scores on this game, you better not waste that mode. I always tried to delaying starting it until I had Jericho ready, but I usually failed miserably at executing that plan.

4) I see there is an adjustment to allow Fast/Double scoring to begin during a multiball, but I'm leaving that set to off as originally intended. It would be too easy to rack up large scores with those modes starting just from being in multiball. One of my favorite things about IM is that scores are usually low & points have to be EARNED. Nothing is given & that's fine with me. I'm keeping it setup as hard as possible.

5) If anything could be made easier, it's the qualifying for Do or Die Multiball. It can be hard to get to, but it doesn't have to be "LOTR Valinor" hard to get to. IM is a ball breaking difficult game as it is.

Anyway great code! Thank you so much Lyman! Hopefully you are thinking of tweaking one more time down the road

#68 4 years ago

Also thanks for this new code.
1. First, a remark on the previous remark, point 3 : you can have the extra ball already the first time you complete the iron man red targets : just select 1 in setting 12. There are 3 settings available for the Iron Man target / Extra ball, which is very nice.
2. There is still a display bug in the settings, since version 1.6, on the Iron man target difficulty settings number 3 display:

There are 3 Iron Man modes: Fast Scoring, Double Scoring, Iron Man Scoring
Qualifying each mode can either be set up to:
Hard: ball must hit the specific target
Easy: ball can also hit adjacent target 
There’s a display bug: Easy & Hard are inverted, & Hard = Extra Hard 
Extra Easy: 1=Hard, 2=Hard, 3=Hard
 (it should be 1=Easy, 2=Easy, 3=Easy)
Easy: 1=Easy, 2=Hard, 3=Hard. (it should be 1=Easy, 2=Easy, 3=Hard)

Medium: 1=Easy, 2=Easy, 3=Hard
 (It should be 1=Easy, 2=Hard, 3=Hard)
Hard, EH: 1=Easy, 2=Easy, 3=Easy. It should be (1=Hard, 2=Hard, 3=Hard
)

3. Currently there is a setting for the Jericho carry over ball setting Yes or No. Having also a carry over setting for the Do or Die should be nice. In this case, even if you loose your ball, and if you have already some character lights On, you can carry over with the next ball without reseting these lights and being obliged to redo what you did before.
4. And for the Do or Die Multi ball, which is I think is very difficult to achieve, also have a setting that allows to reduce the number of hits needed on the drones, from 8 (the current fixed value) to 4 or 2. Like you did for the whiplash: a setting for start, a setting for add'l, and a setting for maximum.

Let's hope you can have the opportunity to do it .... Thanks anyway, jean-claude

#69 4 years ago

ColorDMD update’s out.

Thank you epthegeek

#70 4 years ago

I added the new code 1.85a with ac/dc shoot to thrill and Black Sabbath. It’s awesome. Check out videos with it

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-x7Bs7HWSj/?igshid=nxoaf1ki2s9y

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-x8nsbH8Wc/?igshid=rxgfvjcez9td

#71 4 years ago

ColorDMD update’s out.
Thank you epthegeek

The new colored scenes look great! I noticed that when you get a high score on any of the new tables (Monger champ, War Machine champ, etc), that text is uncolored. Specifically right after a game when you enter your initials. During attract mode, those are colored.

#72 4 years ago

Oops. I wasn’t expecting the high score entry to be different so I didn’t even check those.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The new colored scenes look great! I noticed that when you get a high score on any of the new tables (Monger champ, War Machine champ, etc), that text is uncolored. Specifically right after a game when you enter your initials. During attract mode, those are colored.

I’ve not got around to installing it yet, but good spot and looks like it’s been noted above.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I will post my custom code with the update soon.

Awesome

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Here is the new code update with AC DC Shot to Thrill, and truth is, I am Iron Man with Black Sabbath at the end of the game. Whiplash with the music from Iron Man 2.
It sounds badass!

Thank you

#76 4 years ago

My old code had shoot to thrill on bogey chase and iron man at start up.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

epthegeek will be all over that, his colourisation of the new scenes was almost instant, guys a colouring machine!!

#78 4 years ago

Your welcome. Enjoy!

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

I added the new code 1.85a with ac/dc shoot to thrill and Black Sabbath. It’s awesome. Check out videos with it
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-x7Bs7HWSj/?igshid=nxoaf1ki2s9y
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-x8nsbH8Wc/?igshid=rxgfvjcez9td

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

#80 4 years ago

How do you get the Arc Reactor bonus? I have gotten it a few times just wondering the rules.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

How do you get the Arc Reactor bonus? I have gotten it a few times just wondering the rules.

Seems to be get to Mark 3, then shot up through the monger middle on the same ball while the insert is pulsing. Seems to be 2.5million, but could be a way to boost it...? Risk/reward maybe?

#82 4 years ago

Send to be get to Mark 3, then shot up through the monger middle on the same ball while the insert is pulsing. Seems to be 2.5million, but could be a way to boost it...? Risk/reward maybe?

Orbits/spinners would be a nice way to boost it, love those spinners and orbits although they progress monger so maybe add combos to the game and they boost arc reactor bonus??

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oops. I wasn’t expecting the high score entry to be different so I didn’t even check those.

Is that something you are going to fix?

#84 4 years ago

How do you update the colorDMD? That’s not something I’ve done before.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s all on their website, and pretty straight forward.

If you’ve never updated a single game you might find there are a several games with updates waiting for you (assuming you have more then 1 ColorDMD!).

https://www.colordmd.com/faq.html

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Easy peasy. Put the code on a USB flash drive. Put it in the ColorDMD. Hold the button closest to the USB slot for a few seconds until the LED near it turns solid...wait a minute or so as it updates.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Is that something you are going to fix?

No way.

#88 4 years ago

Pretty please?

#89 4 years ago
please.gifplease.gif
#90 4 years ago

How does it works for the update of the display ? Do you do it during your free time for free or do you work for DMDcolor?

#91 4 years ago

PS epthegeek nice work with the colour-coded ‘mode high score’ titles in attract mode, good touch.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Its fantastic thanks! makes the game

#93 4 years ago

PS epthegeek nice work with the colour-coded ‘mode high score’ titles in attract mode, good touch.

Has he already gone back and coloured them? I thought I read a couple days ago they weren’t coloured? Can’t keep up with this...

#94 4 years ago

does anyone have a link to the file with the ironman (ozzy) song at the end of the game?? thank you

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has he already gone back and coloured them? I thought I read a couple days ago they weren’t coloured? Can’t keep up with this...

The display in attract is done. What I missed is the bit where you enter your name after the game - apparently with the new high score options that screen changed enough it broke.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The display in attract is done. What I missed is the bit where you enter your name after the game - apparently with the new high score options that screen changed enough it broke.

Gotcha! Any plans to jump back onto those Eric and match them up with their attract counter parts? Thanks again for getting the new scenes done so fast, a lot of happy IM owners out there.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gotcha! Any plans to jump back onto those Eric and match them up with their attract counter parts? Thanks again for getting the new scenes done so fast, a lot of happy IM owners out there.

I'll probably give it a bit and see if anything else turns up, since the in-game bits are done, and Randy's not a big fan of rapid-fire updates.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

does anyone have a link to the file with the ironman (ozzy) song at the end of the game?? thank you

It sounds badass!

#99 4 years ago

Hi Teddy
Is that the Vault or Original code you enhanced?

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Hi Teddy
Is that the Vault or Original code you enhanced?

Its the Vault sir. Sorry I did not state that.

I could do the original IM if anyone is interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-iron-man/page/2?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.