You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
IMG_9045.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I can't read them because I need sunglasses - those LED's are literally blinding!

Update is applying...

There is a setting to lower the brightness of the back box when the coin door is open, I for got where it is exactly, but it exists

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Anyone with a pro have the scoop awards not work sometimes? The scoop does register because it kicks out right away, but it doesn't award what's lit. This happens almost half the time on my game and it's freakin' buzzkill!

So before I go adjusting the switch any, let me know ok? Thanks!

Rob

Had this problem as well, you need to adjust the switch... Unfortunately you need to remove the entire assembly to get to the switch.
I had 4 Switches not working straight out of the box that neded adjusting, but at least mine had 1.03 installed and booted right up first time.
New code is fun, 95 mil, with out KISS army...

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Had this problem as well, you need to adjust the switch... Unfortunately you need to remove the entire assembly to get to the switch.
I had 4 Switches not working straight out of the box that neded adjusting, but at least mine had 1.03 installed and booted right up first time.
New code is fun, 95 mil, with out KISS army...

Which switches? For mine it was the scoop, spinner and I might need to look at the saucer. I had to laugh at a facebook post by Jared which said all games are tested before shipping. Yes, they are tested, but they are not thoroughly tested enough. These (and other) issues are not the result of shipping, but assembly tolerances being out just a slight amount.

Removing the assembly is straightforward and easy. Instead of bending the arm, all it might need is to loosen the 2 switch screws and then change the angle of the switch body a little. It seems to have room to move a bit.

Mine came with 1.03 as well. I was playing tonight and noticed some weird stutters in the game that seemed to affect everything from sound to lighting. It only happened a few times though.

Rob

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

There is a setting to lower the brightness of the back box when the coin door is open, I for got where it is exactly, but it exists

I might have had the coin door open, but the interlock switch pulled out for testing something. It was in the middle of an update so I did not want to bother it. Those LED are WAY brighter than a fluorescent bulb. I turned the brightness down to 80% for game playing.

Rob

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Which switches?

Left out lane, left in lane, scoop, left ramp, and I got an error on the demon opto, but I never noticed it doing anything wrong. Yeah, QA testing needs a bit of work at the new factory, but all in all this is a pretty solid release of a new game/platform. It came with a WIZARD MODE! Hope this earns as well as Walking dead, and gets better/deeper like TWD with future updates

#56 8 years ago

Vid of new code on a pro

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

- Added KISS face awards and backgrounds to KISS ARMY wizard mode.

Quoted from Snailman:

What are the "KISS face awards?"

Quoted from Frax:

Band member collects, like lighting all the pop bumpers, picking up 5 instruments, starting DEMON and STARCHILD multiballs.

Quoted from Snailman:

Those were already there in the rules. So how is this an "add?"

Agreed, this update says that it added face awards to the wizard mode... I'm guessing if when you do something during Kiss Army you can get face awards (that are different then collecting them to enable the wizard mode) - or perhaps allow you to light them solidly (rather than blinking) to enable Rock City Wizard mode. Would guess these are associated with hitting the face shots (star child area, middle ramp, demon, and right orbit).

I will be very curious to check this out when I can get my hands on an updated Kiss but that is a few weeks out for me. I'm hoping some will post on these updates soon so I can update the rulesheet appropriately.

#58 8 years ago

I think the face awards are the small inserts, they light solid during modes and multiballs, but I have not seen any awards from them, I did score a 12 mil bonus with no bouns X
I have lit the large inserts solid (not all of them) by completing the super modes, not sure what other SUPER modes are there, so far seen spinner, ramps, pops, fast scoring, deuce scoring (does deuce lite starr guy?) Looks like today at work is a field testing kind of day...

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

I think the face awards are the small inserts, they light solid during modes and multiballs, but I have not seen any awards from them, I did score a 12 mil bonus with no bouns X
I have lit the large inserts solid (not all of them) by completing the super modes, not sure what other SUPER modes are there, so far seen spinner, ramps, pops, fast scoring, deuce scoring (does deuce lite starr guy?) Looks like today at work is a field testing kind of day...

12M bonus?!?! So the bonus logic has changed.

#60 8 years ago

IMG_2969.JPGIMG_2969.JPG

#61 8 years ago

Ok, I've got everything figured out now.
Rock City IS in the game. It's a sixball multiball, LOONG ball saver. Must Complete all 4 faces.
Spinner - must light all 4 faces on the spinner shot and complete it 3 times (I think, it may be only 2, or as many as 4, I lost count)
Demon - Start MB to Blink - collect SUPER Jackpot to complete
Starr Guy - Same as demon
Space Face - collect like a million instruments to complete
Game Over - go buy a new pin until the next revision

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I do believe there is, but I always like to keep my settings on stock if possible so I can compare how my scores are to others. I will most likely set this at least one setting towards "more difficult", however. I'll bet they'll address this in future code.

Man, LGM is wildly easy now. Lit the ramp after hitting the LG shot only once. I'll look for the setting and change it to more difficult. Great update otherwise.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, LGM is wildly easy now. Lit the ramp after hitting the LG shot only once. I'll look for the setting and change it to more difficult. Great update otherwise.

What? How long was the ball up there? I thought you had to had to complete the STAR target bank a couple of times and then get the ball into the hole.

#64 8 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty easy, if you can make that stupid shot.... Scoring is way lower now it seems to offset the ease of starting it the first time. In general it took me an average of two and a half shots up there to light it. Then its off to the the F@$King right ramp to start it, cause the star eject is not easy to get into most of the time.
All in all it seems like this update was pushed out to get the Demon ball saver in the game, which was MOST needed.
I think that we should see a major update like the MET 1.51 update (or whatever it was that made that game mostly complete)in a few months.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

What? How long was the ball up there? I thought you had to had to complete the STAR target bank a couple of times and then get the ball into the hole.

No the switch rules have changed, the first hit to the targets starts a completion bar, each additional hit adds to the bar to start it, kind of like Tortuga...

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_2969.JPG

Nice score, Jesse

#67 8 years ago

Pretty good code update for anyone who hasn't updated their KISS Pin yet. It's only going to get better from here folks. Can't wait for the next update!

#68 8 years ago

How is everyone liking the update?

#69 8 years ago

Lovin it!

2 minor things..Shame you cant raise the Starchild jackpot higher anymore before shooting for start, and although very cool the demon multiball red GI could use some more boost, or at least have the big block of insert lights between the slingshots turn red too, or a little dimmer so not to blind you so much as its doing now.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Pretty good code update for anyone who hasn't updated their KISS Pin yet. It's only going to get better from here folks. Can't wait for the next update!

At least they are fixing stuff as they go along. That was one of the problems with ST where they kept adding, but not really fixing what was broken.

Rob

#71 8 years ago

I can't re-iterate enough that I don't want this game to be another ST where the modes (songs) are mindless shoot whatever is lit. Yeah it's early in the code, but I'm seeing the same type of shot behavior that was so annoying on ST. For example, say you have the center ramp and demon head both lit during a song. You think to yourself that you will shoot the ramp and then the head for a 2x score. Except the shots all randomly change after the first shot and the demon is no longer lit! The same BS happens on ST! Hotter Than Hell is at least more interesting where you need to first qualify the shots to be lit by hitting the KISS targets. There needs to be variety, but the rules also need to be intelligent. I was playing tonight and I didn't have any lit shots to shoot for! The change song was lit, but that shouldn't mean the current song is basically dead for scoring any points now. So yeah, 1.04 is way early and who knows where the rules will go with the game.

I wonder how much the designer has control of the rules programming or if it's up to the programmer to figure most of it out.

Rob

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing tonight and I didn't have any lit shots to shoot for! The change song was lit, ...

Just sayin'

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing tonight and I didn't have any lit shots to shoot for! The change song was lit, but that shouldn't mean the current song is basically dead for scoring any points now. So yeah, 1.04 is way early and who knows where the rules will go with the game.

Sounds like you were expecting another Acdc. I wouldn't expect anything that complex from Lonnie!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How is everyone liking the update?

Ive only had mine a week but the new code from what i can tell is way better still needs some polishing but im having a blast

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Lovin it!
2 minor things..Shame you cant raise the Starchild jackpot higher anymore before shooting for start, and although very cool the demon multiball red GI could use some more boost, or at least have the big block of insert lights between the slingshots turn red too, or a little dimmer so not to blind you so much as its doing now.

My mistake, you can still raise the LG jackpot value before starting it..

#76 8 years ago

What size USB do I need? Seems like a huge file....

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What size USB do I need? Seems like a huge file....

At least a 1GB USB drive. It is a 990MB file.

Tom

#78 8 years ago

I haven't touched my other pins since the code update, looking forward to next release.

#79 8 years ago

Has anyone achieved KISS Army or Rock City multiball with the new code yet? Since Demon multiball lights up red and Love Gun multiball lights up purple (or red/blue), it would be cool if the other two multiballs lit up green and blue for the Catman and Spaceman.

#80 8 years ago

I have noticed more stuttering in the audio with new code. Anyone else getting that?

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

I have noticed more stuttering in the audio with new code. Anyone else getting that?

Yes, I have noticed the stuttering and sound dropout.

Rob

#82 8 years ago

I still don't have any sounds related to the in/outlane switches as well as the lower slings. Normal so far?

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I only notice it after the first ball or so after turning on the machine. That said, it hasn't concerned me very much...figured it was part of booting and the switching power supply (which is new in SPIKE).

Does it happen often to you?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I still don't have any sounds related to the in/outlane switches as well as the lower slings. Normal so far?

Normal so far...

Rob

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I only notice it after the first ball or so after turning on the machine. That said, it hasn't concerned me very much...figured it was part of booting and the switching power supply (which is new in SPIKE).

Well not too often. I'm sure it will get sorted out.

Rob

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

That sucks, hope they get a patch/update out quickly to remedy that.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

same/normal

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I just posted a video on how to update the Stern Spike system also with video game play of Code 1.04 installed. Scored over 100,000,000 . Kiss is a drain monster with the SDTM and the outlanes. The game can be brutal.
Blog Post : https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/video-of-stern-spike-system-update-on-kiss-le-game-play-of-1-04-video-with-dmd/
YouTube Video : » YouTube video

Great video!

What mods besides the Cliffys are you using? Do you have a light bracket for the KISS logo in front of the drop targets?

#89 8 years ago

installed new code last night

great new stuff

the red mode during demon multiball makes it harder to play (less well lit) but a great feature and tougher!

seems easier to get Love Gun multiball?

a cool gene growl and shaker motor shake when you hit demon lock targets.. AGAIN THIS IS THE BEST AUDIO QUALITY PINBALL MACHINE EVER MADE!!!

some more call outs - cool

- plus I am sure other things I am missing but just played 2 games after new version install

thanks stern

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing tonight and I didn't have any lit shots to shoot for! The change song was lit, but that shouldn't mean the current song is basically dead for scoring any points now.

So do you feel the same way about all those other pins from Stern or otherwise, that it's not fair when the mode timer runs out, or when you complete all the shots in a mode? When TAF Seance is complete.... I have to lite and shoot another chair. Does this make you mad, too?

I completely agree with the seeming lack of logic to some of Kiss's mode shots. But as mentioned, this is typical Lonnie --- and particularly typical early Lonnie code. The good news is: the ST shot logic drastically improved with later code releases. And while the logic isn't immediately intuitive to the player, after you play it a few times and figure it out, the ST mode shot logic on many of the modes is fun to play.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Great video!
What mods besides the Cliffys are you using? Do you have a light bracket for the KISS logo in front of the drop targets?

Jeff, Thanks, Yes I installed the Pinball Life light bracket for the Kiss drop targets. Good eye.

#92 8 years ago

On the new code I've definitely had modes end for no apparent reason. As in- I hit two shots in the Detroit car mode in the correct order and the mode ended. I don't believe it showed the mode complete screen with the mode score. Maybe ten or fifteen seconds after starting the mode from the scoop. Bizarre. Something similar happened with deuce, mode seemed to abort after hitting a lit mode shot.

Anyone know what actually ends song modes? As a thought, I think the scoop was lit immediately for the next song after these instances. Or I could be bonkers.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

On the new code I've definitely had modes end for no apparent reason. As in- I hit two shots in the Detroit car mode in the correct order and the mode ended. I don't believe it showed the mode complete screen with the mode score. Maybe ten or fifteen seconds after starting the mode from the scoop. Bizarre. Something similar happened with deuce, mode seemed to abort after hitting a lit mode shot.
Anyone know what actually ends song modes? As a thought, I think the scoop was lit immediately for the next song after these instances. Or I could be bonkers.

Good question! I was wondering as well what the criteria is for 'completing' a song. Although I don't think I've ever had one end as quickly as you said you have.

I got to Rock City again tonight. Yeah it's there, but quite uninspiring/unfinished.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Good question! I was wondering as well what the criteria is for 'completing' a song. Although I don't think I've ever had one end as quickly as you said you have.
I got to Rock City again tonight. Yeah it's there, but quite uninspiring/unfinished.

Just wait til it's finished so it can be uninspring/finished.
I hope this won't be the case... but I had such high hopes for Lonnie's Transformers wizard modes, and look at how inspiring Sentinel Prime and whatever-the-wizard-mode-is-called turned out to be.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Having the exact same issue on the LE, Have advised Stern.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

me also.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from JR_Pinball:

Having the exact same issue on the LE, Have advised Stern.

I don't think it's a big issue. It usually happens on the first game and about 30 seconds into the song. After that it seems ok.

Rob

#98 8 years ago

Anyone have a strategic overview for this game at 1.04? What song to start with... Subsequent goals/strategies. I just bought a Pro and having trouble getting over 50 mil... Definitely a challenging game.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Anyone have a strategic overview for this game at 1.04? What song to start with... Subsequent goals/strategies. I just bought a Pro and having trouble getting over 50 mil... Definitely a challenging game.

This is my biggest issue. Kiss is not an intuitive game yet. To me, Mustang is the most intuitive game I own because the sound, dots, inserts, and story all coalesce into an intuitive experience.

Kiss is the smoothest game I've ever played. Every shot feels fantastic. Hopefully the code will catch up to tie everything together.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Short plunge -- always short plunge, especially on ball saves. With new code, shoot Starchild 1-3 times to qualify or start Love Gun MB. Qualify Backstage Pass during MB. Shoot SONG MODE shots during MB. Get your Backstage add-a-ball from a cradled backhand shot when down to two balls, or better yet, when you're draining down to one. Once finished with song shots, then do MB jackpots.

Rinse/repeat. Try not to start another MB when you're nearly complete with a song mode -- finish the mode, start a new trick, and THEN start your next MB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-for-kiss/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.