You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5243 (resized).JPG
batmanlite3 (resized).jpg
You_Doodle_2017-02-25T08_52_36Z.jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atwong.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I'm working on a Dark Knight LE and I didn't find a Dark Knight LE firmware / code on stern's website so I updated it with Dark Knight. Weird thing is that when it boots up, it gives an error that says something like this "This machine will not operate in this country" (I should have taken a screen shot. I'm asking from Stern to post the LE firmware but has anyone seen this before?

#4 7 years ago

Yeah. We used the correct rom. I just looked at pictures and the backglass is different.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just a wild guess. Are you working on the game at Arcade Expo in Banning? I remember that one having a fake translite that says "Limited Edition". In any case - once again, there is no BDK Limited Edition and there was only one real translite from Stern. Anything besides this is aftermarket:

Your right. I'm one of the volunteer pinball techs and we spent our last week updating all the Sterns (except the tourney area) to the latest version.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I don't mean the file you downloaded. I mean the eprom chip on the cpu board.
This one.

My Transformers had the wrong boot chip revision for the game and when I updated the code, it lost the region coding. I had to send the CPU board back to Stern for re-programming. As usual, Stern were fantastic with it and programmed it and sent it out straight away. The game was only down for a week and I am in the UK.

Ah... that makes sense. I'm waiting for a reply from Stern tech support. I'll ask about that.

#11 7 years ago

Hm.. I'm fuzzy on it too. I should have taken pictures. Nevertheless, I found this http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb170.pdf that talks about how there is a service bulletin and that you have to ship the board back to stern.

1 week later
#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If he updated it with the "real" Batman Dark Knight code...that's probably what's screwing it up. That game had different code because it has different features than the "real" version. This game wasn't meant to be updated.

Where would you get the Costco version of firmware? I don't see it on the Stern website.

#18 7 years ago

I just emailed Stern support. I'll see what they say.

#20 7 years ago

Stern tech support got back to me and uploaded the costco Dark Knight firmware. Just tried it out and it fixed the problem. If you'd like a copy, here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r663esreb4nguxx/Chas%20S%20-%20BDK_S3-0_E.BIN?dl=0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atwong.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-firmware-on-dark-knight-giving-wrong-country-error?tu=atwong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.