pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2261 (resized).JPG
IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
24D992FA-FAFE-4F79-8322-17F952FCB124 (resized).jpeg
Kiss update (resized).jpg
IMG_99131 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
IMG_0537 (resized).jpg

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Had my first good game today since updating the code. Seems like it awarded me a ton more extra balls than it used to.

I also got a lot of EB. I had three in one game, so I reduced it to max 2 EB in a game. I can always increase it back to factory, but I didn’t want to start putting high scores on the machine using 6+ total balls in a game.

#202 5 years ago

would anyone be able to swap 3 songs for me with the new (pro) code?

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Anyone know of somebody who has a smartdmd running with rel 180?
I am getting sofar only blackwhite so either I am doing something wrong or stern has revised the rs232 firmware interface.

Got a Beta release Pinball browser from OGA today and am plsd to inform that this did the trick. Have now MET 180 running on a PRO with J_M made Macro with sidechannel

#204 5 years ago

Would it be possible to add “The Small Hours” song?

#205 5 years ago

Uploaded the new code and all good, this game kicks more ass. Just wondering if colorDMD knows of a coloring issue when feature adjustment #125 Grave Marker Type is set to RIP tombstone instead of normal. I changed this setting to RIP Tombstone to check it out, and when the ball ends the bonus screen is not colored.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Uploaded the new code and all good, this game kicks more ass. Just wondering if colorDMD knows of a coloring issue when feature adjustment #125 Grave Marker Type is set to RIP tombstone instead of normal. I changed this setting to RIP Tombstone to check it out, and when the ball ends the bonus screen is not colored.

Sounds like they’ll need to update the color dmd code.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds like they’ll need to update the color dmd code.

I don’t think that option was ever coded/colorised.

Some other changes since 1.70 became 1.80 will be, as i understand it from other posts in this thread.

#208 5 years ago

What # LE, I'm 199

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Assuming you have some wire laying around you can DIY for <$10.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/138#post-4565536
ebay.com link » 5pcs Mini Round Black 3 Pin Spdt On Off On Rocker Switch Snap In Car Boat Toggle
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-round-hole-plug.html or https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6566-00

I used an arcade button bezel instead of a hole plug for the volume switch.
Works great, and you can light it like a flipper button.

IMG_8627.JPGIMG_8627.JPGIMG_8629.JPGIMG_8629.JPG
#210 5 years ago

The new code may not have included a song from Hardwired... but I added my own with Pinball Browser!

Switched Battery for SOTB

86E1BA12-8369-4D94-8367-8B51540C86C6 (resized).png86E1BA12-8369-4D94-8367-8B51540C86C6 (resized).png
#211 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

The new code may not have included a song from Hardwired... but I added my own with Pinball Browser!
Switched Battery for SOTB
[quoted image]

I need to get my ass in gear and change out some songs.

#213 5 years ago

Default settings on pro, I had my third CIU mode lit, but couldn't start it before draining.
230 million. I think my best score ever. It's for sure easier with this update, but still not easy...

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Default settings on pro, I had my third CIU mode lit, but couldn't start it before draining.
230 million. I think my best score ever. It's for sure easier with this update, but still not easy...

You will get there someday, keep flipping.

#215 5 years ago

I helped a friend load the new code Saturday night and played one game. It really improves the feel of the game and makes it feel less like chopping wood. It turned Metallica into a game that I didn't really care to own into one that's on a short list of newer titles that I want!

We both got 2 (and almost 3) crank-it-ups in our first game and 3 extra balls. Scores were around 200M. There's no doubt with these settings that EOL will be easily reachable! Does anyone know what gives you all the EB's on stock settings? If anything the game may be "too" easy now. I also got 3 cross multiballs as that is much easier to start now with one less shot. Game feels more balanced and less Sparky heavy now.

Great job Lyman!

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Stern sucks. A dozen games long overdue for code updates and instead they put out new code for a game widely already seen as well polished and awesome. Nice move Stern.

Felt good giving you your 100th downvote man... don't diss Lyman taking care of his baby!

#217 5 years ago

I’m so glad that I picked up Metallica (pro), I have it along with AcDc premium which we assume will get a further upgrade at some point.

Someone asked me which I prefer of the two and I had to say Metallica although I have not played it enough to be honest it’s just so fun and has satisfying shots. The layout, music and code are fantastic.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AcDc premium which we assume will get a further upgrade at some point.

It already got a "final polish" type update this year, and for a soon-to-be 7 year old game, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It already got a "final polish" type update this year, and for a soon-to-be 7 year old game, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Which introduced "OI Mania" as an award at the jukebox that does nothing, LOL. So... I hope they flesh that out. I would imagine they would.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

F8B2CF0E-A2A0-4A5E-AD29-4B6DCCC69E59 (resized).jpegF8B2CF0E-A2A0-4A5E-AD29-4B6DCCC69E59 (resized).jpeg

Why is this in the change log then? Oi mania is not working, it’s odd if they didn’t do something to address that.

#221 5 years ago

Sure, they might release a bug fix, I'm just saying don't get your hopes for the "further upgrade" assumption a few posts ago.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sure, they might release a bug fix, I'm just saying don't get your hopes for the "further upgrade" assumption a few posts ago.

OK whatever.

I'm just saying there is a chance AcDc code is not final, you say don't hold my breath.

#223 5 years ago

Great summary.

#224 5 years ago

I sense a budding romance.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Quoted from rai:

OK whatever.
I'm just saying there is a chance AcDc code is not final, you say don't hold my breath.

It isn't final. Lyman has said he still has changes in mind and bugs to fix.

3 months later
#226 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Awesome, but now I lose all my high scores!!

I know this is an old post. But you can use Pinball Browser and put your high scores and name in the rom before you flash it.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

I know this is an old post. But you can use Pinball Browser and put your high scores and name in the rom before you flash it.

The problem with that is the rules and scoring are all different with the new version, so it's not comparing apples to apples.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The problem with that is the rules and scoring are all different with the new version, so it's not comparing apples to apples.

No, I don't care to lose my scores on a update.. But was saying there is an option. When I change songs I put high scores in.

2 weeks later
#229 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Dip8 ON? Reformatted to FAT32? Tried the oldest USB you can find? I use a 128MB, which is barely big enough

What's the reformatt of fat32? My game accepted the new code just fine. I never heard of fat32, what is it? I know I haven't done anything except new code 1.80. Please explain....

#230 4 years ago

Since this thread just popped up, thought I would remind everyone to update the code in their ColorDMD. There was a small update made for the 1.80 game code. I didn't know it until just the other day.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Since this thread just popped up, thought I would remind everyone to update the code in their ColorDMD. There was a small update made for the 1.80 game code. I didn't know it until just the other day.

Most noticeable difference to me is the colored text during the mystery award animation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-180-for-metallica-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.