pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2261 (resized).JPG
IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
24D992FA-FAFE-4F79-8322-17F952FCB124 (resized).jpeg
Kiss update (resized).jpg
IMG_99131 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
IMG_0537 (resized).jpg

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: Were there any changes to the difficulty of Snake Multiball?

Not for difficulty in starting it, but there is this:

- Lowered the score for the snake multiball super jackpot.

#152 5 years ago

im having the same problem as @hank35, I've tried 3 different USBs now and it doesn't get past "insert USB" stage.

can any one point me in the right direction?

ive formatted the USB's

Downloaded the file from stern, I run a MAC so I just click on the zip file (MTL180LE.BIN), it then turns to a (MTL180LE.BIN.cpgz). I put that on the empty USB, insert and nothing......

ive tried putting both files on, ive tried each individual file.

please help

#153 5 years ago

Are you flipping the dip switch 8 to on?

#154 5 years ago

yes

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

im having the same problem as hank35, I've tried 3 different USBs now and it doesn't get past "insert USB" stage.
ive formatted the USB's
Downloaded the file from stern, I run a MAC so I just click on the zip file (MTL180LE.BIN), it then turns to a (MTL180LE.BIN.cpgz). I put that on the empty USB, insert and nothing......
please help

Your Metallica has become self-aware and doesn't want to be overwritten.

In all seriousness, find someone with a Windows computer to use to download the file to a USB stick. I'm guessing it is an issue with using a MAC.

#156 5 years ago

Could the problem be with a Mac?

No problem whatsoever with a pc.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Your Metallica has become self-aware and doesn't want to be overwritten.
In all seriousness, find someone with a Windows computer to use to download the file to a USB stick. I'm guessing it is an issue with using a MAC.

Quoted from indybru:

Could the problem be with a Mac?
No problem whatsoever with a pc.

just tried off of my wifes PC, same thing. ive updated other games from my Mac as well. watched some videos of guys updating sterns and they were using a Mac..... Im stumped

#158 5 years ago

dont know what I finally did right but I got it! Thanks guys

probably not the right forum for bringing this stuff up so sorry for that

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Are you flipping the dip switch 8 to on?

What? I have to flip a switch to install the code?

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yep. It is a SAM system. It is in the service manual.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yep. It is a SAM system. It is in the service manual.

Thanks!

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

#163 5 years ago

Oh man! Thank you very much for the video! First time updating the code for me

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh man! Thank you very much for the video! First time updating the code for me

You’re welcome. Just follow that and you will be fine unless you have USB stick trouble or something like that. Good luck.

#165 5 years ago

New code is great and has brought me back to playing mine. It was on the chopping block for possibly a WoZ or DI. Keeping it around for now!

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

MET is so good I’m considering another for my cellar.
In CA we call that the living room

+1 about the first sentence... even if i already got one (and really enjoyed it)
i know alreay what my wife think about me putting a pin in the living room !!!

#167 5 years ago

So glad that a lot of settings that people have been adopting are now default. People had been missing out on a far better game for fear of cheating. Glad Lyman agreed and changed the defaults.

Interested to see how the piston rules affect my strategy. Same with coffin EBs.

#168 5 years ago

Mr LFS.............. You are the best !

Thank you so much for going above and beyond

So awesome !

met22 (resized).jpgmet22 (resized).jpg
#169 5 years ago

Just curious how this impacts the Color DMD if you have one....

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Just curious how this impacts the Color DMD if you have one....

Some of the EOTL display apprently doesn't work well but otherwise it's all fine.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Some of the EOTL display apprently doesn't work well but otherwise it's all fine.

Luckily for me, I suck and will never see that anyway all looks fine to me so far.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Luckily for me, I suck and will never see that anyway all looks fine to me so far.

Yeah, me too, I'm just going by what I've read. Lol

#173 5 years ago

I know it was always modifiable, but the factory setting for lighting crank it up was always the original sin of programming on this game, particularly for games on location, where default settings are the rule. The modes are arguably the best part of this game, and the original rules really limited the game (and made fully appreciating it very difficult for all but the best players). It would be interesting to have options for making it harder to light each successive mode (e.g. 6, 8, 10, 12 shots) and also maybe the ability to stack one or more modes with one or more multiballs.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I know it was always modifiable, but the factory setting for lighting crank it up was always the original sin of programming on this game, particularly for games on location, where default settings are the rule. The modes are arguably the best part of this game, and the original rules really limited the game (and made fully appreciating it very difficult for all but the best players). It would be interesting to have options for making it harder to light each successive mode (e.g. 6, 8, 10, 12 shots) and also maybe the ability to stack one or more modes with one or more multiballs).

The CIU mode (Items needed) can be adjusted down to 5 if like for Chair, Coffin, Snake, and Graveyard.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I know it was always modifiable, but the factory setting for lighting crank it up was always the original sin of programming on this game, particularly for games on location, where default settings are the rule. The modes are arguably the best part of this game, and the original rules really limited the game (and made fully appreciating it very difficult for all but the best players). It would be interesting to have options for making it harder to light each successive mode (e.g. 6, 8, 10, 12 shots) and also maybe the ability to stack one or more modes with one or more multiballs.

Definitely wouldn't want multiball stacking with CIU.

Wouldn't mind an add a ball for every 3 sets of completed items you make, though. Or maybe a 10 second ball save instead would be better, for every 2 sets.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

im having the same problem as hank35, I've tried 3 different USBs now and it doesn't get past "insert USB" stage.
ive formatted the USB's
please help

Do you have a windows pc anywhere? Like even windows xp or 98? Macs add a hidden file to the usb stick and they also seem to format fat32 funny sometimes. I’ve had this issue in pinball and via my fords head unit updates. I had to whip out my old MacBook with windows xp on it.

You want to download the .bin from stern and move that directly to the usb, don’t let that file be extracted which some browsers do (safari....)

I’ll try using my new Mac and see if it works.

#177 5 years ago

Ahhhhhh I so want to play this, but Total Lightshow!

#178 5 years ago

I thought with a lot of you having Trouble updating this code that I would have the same Trouble (that’s my luck with computer stuff), but I got it on the first try. I used a Mac computer with an old usb stick lying around. I did erase the other files that were on the stick before downloading the new update and also checked that the stick was formatted right. I went to YouTube to watch a video on the Update Process and followed that exactly. All of you that are having issues, Don’t Give Up!... It Will work! Good Luck!

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I thought with a lot of you having Trouble updating this code that I would have the same Trouble (that’s my luck with computer stuff), but I got it on the first try. I used a Mac computer with an old usb stick lying around. I did erase the other files that were on the stick before downloading the new update and also checked that the stick was formatted right. I went to YouTube to watch a video on the Update Process and followed that exactly. All of you that are having issues, Don’t Give Up!... It Will work! Good Luck!

Thanks for sharing! I was about to head to best buy to buy a new usb stick! Saved me at least $ 20.00

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Apparently it dont effect it to much from what people said

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Apparently it dont effect it to had from what people said

Still drunk from turkey day?

#182 5 years ago
15429972443264018339091295556518 (resized).jpg15429972443264018339091295556518 (resized).jpg
#183 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks for sharing! I was about to head to best buy to buy a new usb stick! Saved me at least $ 20.00

Was you able to get yours Updated?

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Was you able to get yours Updated?

I hope so! Doing it after work today. I'll let you know U?

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I hope so! Doing it after work today. I'll let you know U?

#186 5 years ago

One thing colordmd has not colorized even back with code 1.7 is the alternate animations when changing the setting #135 grave marker type from normal to RIP tombstone animations.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

One thing colordmd has not colorized even back with code 1.7 is the alternate animations when changing the setting #135 grave marker type from normal to. RIP tombstone animations.

Whoa. I didnt even know that was in there!

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

So what? I have the total light show and it works great!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Re-categorizing a GOOD thing into a BAD thing because you wanted something else is foolish.
The only thing this type of reaction does is shut down good things - because people that make the extra effort get sick of the lack of appreciation, and even outright attacks on them for going the extra mile.

Unfortunately it seems that it’s becoming the pinside norm these days. Take the Beatles reveal thread 5-7 pages of pure moaning and negativity about a game none of us had seen or played.

Following the MET recently after we already received surprise updates for AC/DC and TWD while Lyman was pumping out alot of huge BM66 updates, I then made this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thank-you-lyman-amp-co-thread as a place to combine everyone’s thanks and appreciation in a single easy to see place, so hopefully Stern and Lyman might see it and to show we ain’t always a bunch of unappreciative moaners and it struggles to reach 2 pages.

Anyway thanks again Lyman for taking the time to update games in your own time as well as on the clock that none of us expected more code for, you are a modern day pinball legend

#191 5 years ago

Lol!

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately it seems that it’s becoming the pinside norm these days. Take the Beatles reveal thread 5-7 pages of pure moaning and negativity about a game none of us had seen or played.
Following the MET recently after we already received surprise updates for AC/DC and TWD while Lyman was pumping out alot of huge BM66 updates, I then made this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thank-you-lyman-amp-co-thread as a place to combine everyone’s thanks and appreciation in a single easy to see place, so hopefully Stern and Lyman might see it and to show we ain’t always a bunch of unappreciative moaners and it struggles to reach 2 pages.
Anyway thanks again Lyman for taking the time to update games in your own time as well as on the clock that none of us expected more code for, you are a modern day pinball legend

The Beatles pin sucks.

#193 5 years ago

why don't the arrows light up red anymore for a combo shot?

#194 5 years ago

I think this post from earlier in the thread is referring to the same thing you are asking:

Quoted from Fezmid:

Found a change in 1.8 that I'm not happy with on the Premium. With the last version of the code, when you hit a ramp, the arrow started flashing blue and the opposite ramp started flashing red to let you know what ramps to hit for a combo. If you hit the right ramp, the piston target behind FUEL would also light red, letting you know to aim for that. Now when you hit a ramp, it turns blue, but there's no indication to hit the opposite one for a combo. Kinda sucks that they'd take a feature out...
I also think there's a bug with the colors but I can't figure out how to reproduce. There have been several times where I've seen the arrow behind the right orbit (behind the spinner) flash a peach color a few times before stopping. Not sure what that is about but it never used to do that...

And this is the solution to get the combos back to how they where in the previous code:

Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a setting for this behavior in the game specific settings.
- Added combo lights adjustment. Default is FLASH ONCE (show lamps once
for a small period of time, then turn the lights off). Other settings:
ALWAYS and NONE. Competition + Director's Cut are set to FLASH ONCE.
Rob

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think this post from earlier in the thread is referring to the same thing you are asking:

And this is the solution to get the combos back to how they where in the previous code:

Yup that's exactly it. Maybe we should have some of the important notes about the update stickied?

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

sorry, must have missed it, going to try that, thanks

#197 5 years ago

Anyone know of somebody who has a smartdmd running with rel 180?

I am getting sofar only blackwhite so either I am doing something wrong or stern has revised the rs232 firmware interface.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think I would be a bit upset too if there was a game theme I really wanted and it was priced ridiculously high with just an average layout and rules. But, since I am not a Beatles fan it doesn't really bother me.

There's lots to be thankful for in the hobby though and I am grateful Lyman polished up Metallica like he has. When I first bought Metallica 5 years ago, I wasn't really sure I liked it. I wasn't a Metallica fan, but I wanted another game after ACDC and this seemed like a good choice. I have come to appreciate that the gameplay can be approached different ways. You pick what you want to do on your journey on and through the CIU modes. And it's just so fun because of that diversity, great dots, sound, lights, music and rules. Just an overall great experience to play!

Colordmd is icing on the cake!

Rob

#199 5 years ago

Had my first good game today since updating the code. Seems like it awarded me a ton more extra balls than it used to.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Had my first good game today since updating the code. Seems like it awarded me a ton more extra balls than it used to.

Likely, you had gotten the # of hits to the captive ball EB to raise pretty high. It adjusts according to how often it is reached,, the code update takes the number of hits back down to factory. It will adjust back up over time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-180-for-metallica-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.