pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2261 (resized).JPG
IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
24D992FA-FAFE-4F79-8322-17F952FCB124 (resized).jpeg
Kiss update (resized).jpg
IMG_99131 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
IMG_0537 (resized).jpg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Delete everything off that drive except for MTL180LE.BIN and try again.

And dont forget to flip the dipswitch

#102 5 years ago

What is in the .zip file and where did it come from? The Stern site gives you a .BIN
http://sternpinball.com/games/metallica/premium

#103 5 years ago

Delete everything off that drive except for MTL180LE.BIN and try again.

Third thumb drive worked. God bless technology.
The thumb drive that worked is the exact same drive as the one I've always used. Same BIN and zip file on both old and new drives. Oh well. Game is updating now.

Thanks to all who helped.

#104 5 years ago

To skip animation/startup sequences, first install a volume rocker switch where the unused tournament button cutout is.

Here's the link:

www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00

Then, when you hit sparky multiball, just touch the switch and you'll cancel the animation/startup.

Simple and effective, plus, you now have a volume adjustment on the outside of your game.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It does skip the mystery scoop animation. And the extra ball animation. Not sure about others... I know it DOESN'T skip Sparky. (but it's an awesome light show, so I don't get skipping it, tbh).

Maybe I missed it in the release notes (I didn't understand everything they said ..), but when you press both flippers during the mystery scoop animation, it now shows you the final result. Kinda cool.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Cross posted on Met owners thread
DWD
Graysonsdad
Pinside member
CA Hamilton, ON
<1y 31,050 231 1 21 2
I have some good news and some "bad" news about the update.
Since I already have my met opened up I decided to cheat my way through some modes and get to end of the line.
The good news,
After achieving (not completing) End of the Line, the song is selectable from launch. I turn off the pin and disconnected power. I was worried it was a running reward. It stay as an option indefinitely.
The bad news,
ColorDMD WILL need a patch. Most animations and text are intact......until you reach end of the line. The text prompts aren't coloured, the scoring has weird colour issues and the animations have errors.
Other than a needed color dmd update, all seems well. Great update

Thanks for the heads up,

Anyone else confirm this ?

Can color DMD help with patch ?

Thanks,
Andol

#107 5 years ago

So you have to reach EOTL in order for it to appear at the beginning of a game for a song choice and once you do it’s always there?

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So you have to reach EOTL in order for it to appear at the beginning of a game for a song choice and once you do it’s always there?

Yessir. Is this one of the first unlockable features in pinball?

#109 5 years ago

Updating Pic. Yes I cleaned the glass as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#110 5 years ago

So do I need to do something additional/ different since I have a Color DMD? I've never updated code before and scared to death I'm going to screw something up. This code update looks cool enough for me to try to make an update.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

So do I need to do something additional/ different since I have a Color DMD? I've never updated code before and scared to death I'm going to screw something up. This code update looks cool enough for me to try to make an update.

No, you will just need to update the CDMD firmware when they release a new version. Some of the colors will be off until they change it.

If you don't mind that, then update the Met code now and enjoy the changes, otherwise just wait until CDMD releases, then update them both.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

To skip animation/startup sequences, first install a volume rocker switch where the unused tournament button cutout is.
Here's the link:
www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00
Then, when you hit sparky multiball, just touch the switch and you'll cancel the animation/startup.
Simple and effective, plus, you now have a volume adjustment on the outside of your game.

Assuming you have some wire laying around you can DIY for <$10.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/138#post-4565536

ebay.com link: 5PCS Mini Round Black 3 Pin SPDT ON OFF On Rocker Switch Snap in Car Boat Toggle

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-round-hole-plug.html or https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6566-00

#113 5 years ago

Just tried 3 different USB key and still can’t upload the update , it says “scanning disk” and then it kinda loops and never start. It make a “cling” sound to tell you that a USB key has been inserted and then “bunk” sound and it loops.... anybody knows or had that problem ? Hopefully it is not a faulty usd on my board

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Sk8terRIP:

Just tried 3 different USB key and still can’t upload the update , it says “scanning disk” and then it kinda loops and never start. It make a “cling” sound to tell you that a USB key has been inserted and then “bunk” sound and it loops.... anybody knows or had that problem ? Hopefully it is not a faulty usd on my board

Dip8 ON? Reformatted to FAT32? Tried the oldest USB you can find? I use a 128MB, which is barely big enough

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Stern sucks. A dozen games long overdue for code updates and instead they put out new code for a game widely already seen as well polished and awesome. Nice move Stern.

The moral of this story is... don't ever speak your mind, or post your own opinion about a pinball manufacturer on pinside.

But if it's the same as the sheep, that's fine.
F'n pinside

Sheep
1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with group and allow god awful trends and events to unfold.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Dip8 ON? Reformatted to FAT32? Tried the oldest USB you can find? I use a 128MB, which is barely big enough

Dip8 - yes , Reformated fat32 - yes , will try to find a older USB key, all mine are pretty new, thanks

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The moral of this story is... don't ever speak your mind, or post your own opinion about a pinball manufacturer on pinside.
But if it's the same as the sheep, that's fine.
F'n pinside

Wow! And I thought the moral was....Know wtf you are talking about before bashing Stern on other games code, because Lyman just did this because he wanted to (at home on his own time), and it has absolutely nothing to do w the code for other machines.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All the coils seem gruntier on my game since the update. Might be my imagination but everything seems 10% stronger.
which is cool by me.
rd

I too noticed the kickers/pops all seem to be supercharged. I changed the coil settings to SOFT from NORMAL but haven't tried a game since I did that.

#119 5 years ago

I just blew up the score and almost got to 3 CIUs!

I finally figured out CIU is Crank It Up but what is TD I've seen here stand for?

Anyone... after code update is difficulty set to EASY, MEDIUM, NORMAL, HARD, EXTRA HARD or something similar or is that only in Williams pins?
Looked for it the other night cause it seemed easier to get higher scores with new code. Couldn't find anything to change like that.

Thanks Lyman for taking care of us!!!

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I finally figured out CIU is Crank It Up but what is TD I've seen here stand for?

TD = Tournament Director

#121 5 years ago

Loving the new code and the difficulty level is now just right. Had a really good game and hit End of the Line for the first time ever. Intense and amazing! Before I was only able to get 3 CIUs at best, and that was only a few times. Glad it is now obtainable, though still very hard. And it's great that if it ever does become too easy (HA!), I can still increase it back to more difficult.

Honestly didn't think this game could get better. But Lyman proved me wrong. Awesome work.

#122 5 years ago

This game truly is one of the best of all time. It's just so well rounded.

#123 5 years ago

Found a change in 1.8 that I'm not happy with on the Premium. With the last version of the code, when you hit a ramp, the arrow started flashing blue and the opposite ramp started flashing red to let you know what ramps to hit for a combo. If you hit the right ramp, the piston target behind FUEL would also light red, letting you know to aim for that. Now when you hit a ramp, it turns blue, but there's no indication to hit the opposite one for a combo. Kinda sucks that they'd take a feature out...

I also think there's a bug with the colors but I can't figure out how to reproduce. There have been several times where I've seen the arrow behind the right orbit (behind the spinner) flash a peach color a few times before stopping. Not sure what that is about but it never used to do that...

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Found a change in 1.8 that I'm not happy with on the Premium. With the last version of the code, when you hit a ramp, the arrow started flashing blue and the opposite ramp started flashing red to let you know what ramps to hit for a combo. If you hit the right ramp, the piston target behind FUEL would also light red, letting you know to aim for that. Now when you hit a ramp, it turns blue, but there's no indication to hit the opposite one for a combo. Kinda sucks that they'd take a feature out...
I also think there's a bug with the colors but I can't figure out how to reproduce. There have been several times where I've seen the arrow behind the right orbit (behind the spinner) flash a peach color a few times before stopping. Not sure what that is about but it never used to do that...

My right orbit flasher was flashing like that today when it never had. I thought I knew this game pretty good, but I wasn't sure if it was new but I hadn't noticed it wvwr doing this before the update.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I noticed know that when you go up either ramp, the only red flashing arrow for the combo is the piston target behind the fuel lights. It used to be there would be multiple red lights for combo. Is that how it is supposed to be now?

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Wow! And I thought the moral was....Know wtf you are talking about before bashing Stern on other games code, because Lyman just did this because he wanted to (at home on his own time), and it has absolutely nothing to do w the code for other machines.

My take, buy Lyman coded games because he cares to go the extra mile to make them sweet!!!!

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

There is a setting for this behavior in the game specific settings.

- Added combo lights adjustment. Default is FLASH ONCE (show lamps once
for a small period of time, then turn the lights off). Other settings:
ALWAYS and NONE. Competition + Director's Cut are set to FLASH ONCE.

Rob

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It's a light orange lol... and it's not a bug. It means the super spinner is lit for bigger points. A super spinner is qualified by completing a set of guitar picks.

Rob

#129 5 years ago

Thanks!

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a light orange lol... and it's not a bug. It means the super spinner is lit for bigger points. A super spinner is qualified by completing a set of guitar picks.
Rob

Ahh, good to know, thanks!

I will also look for that combo light setup. If I can set it light it was before, it will be perfect!

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a setting for this behavior in the game specific settings.
- Added combo lights adjustment. Default is FLASH ONCE (show lamps once
for a small period of time, then turn the lights off). Other settings:
ALWAYS and NONE. Competition + Director's Cut are set to FLASH ONCE.
Rob

Thank you for pointing that out. I also prefer the original setting of "ALWAYS" flashing. I just ran downstairs and made the change. It now works as it did previously with all combo shots being lit. Maybe I could get used to it the other way, but it just seems odd to not have them lit to show you when they are activated. The only reason I can thing of not having them on would be to draw more attention to the piston target.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thank you for pointing that out. I also prefer the original setting of "ALWAYS" flashing. I just ran downstairs and made the change. It now works as it did previously with all combo shots being lit. Maybe I could get used to it the other way, but it just seems odd to not have them lit to show you when they are activated. The only reason I can thing of not having them on would be to draw more attention to the piston target.

Ditto. I will be changing mine to "always" and glad to know about the super spinner.

#133 5 years ago

I wold have preferred a different color, but knowing when the spinners are lit for super spinners seems like an obvious addition.

PS: I never liked the pink for Lady Justice either, but whatever.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

So is new code default set to Directors cut ?

I always like to set mine to factory 3 ball

I never seemed understand the difference with multiple optional settings modes ?

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Assuming you have some wire laying around you can DIY for &lt;$10.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/138#post-4565536
ebay.com link » 5pcs Mini Round Black 3 Pin Spdt On Off On Rocker Switch Snap In Car Boat Toggle
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-round-hole-plug.html or https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6566-00

Well that is awesome and definitely better than spending $30. Since those rocker switches come in quantities of 5 and I only need 2 I'll wire up a few extras and offer them for a bit less.

#136 5 years ago

Stayed up way too late last night playing after installing this. Saying "it's a whole new game" would be an exaggeration, but the way I approach it now is a whole new game. Definitely feels fresh. Feature balance is just about perfect now. No more sparky all day! One shot less for cross multiball makes a huge difference, somehow. Usually play that at least twice per game now. Find myself completely ignoring the sparky grind and only going for him late in the game if I'm close. Now I play snake almost as often as sparky. And the lowered CIU requirements mean that a normal decent game is now two CIUs.

One setting I always change in Metallica LE/premium, that I wish was default because no one else ever seems to change it: autofire after lock OFF. That way you get another manual plunge at a skill shot. Another chance to lock in a shot for CIU items, plus it's just more fun to take skill shots than have the game plunge for you.

#137 5 years ago

Well that is awesome and definitely better than spending $30. Since those rocker switches come in quantities of 5 and I only need 2 I'll wire up a few extras and offer them for a bit less.

I've done it for my MET and TWD and it is a great mod, cheap and easy I'm sure there is a joke in there.

Best part about the code update for me was that update to allow ramping of the volume... prior to the update you had to push the volume button multiple times to turn it up or down, you couldn't hold it down and have it ramp... after 1.80 it now ramps when you hold it down making the toggle much smoother to use.

#138 5 years ago

Sorry for the stupid question but I've never updated my MET since I bought it in 2016. I know there was another update in 2016. Do I have to install this 2016 update first and then the 2018 one? Does this new 2018 update carry the 2016 update? I like the changes they made on the 2016 update and would also like to have it in my game. Any USB is particular I should use for this?

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

LoL. So a code release from a pinball manufacturer has nothing to do with that manufacturer?
And because an employee supposedly worked on their own time. It must be seen to have been spent wisely in everyone's eyes?
If you are Metallica owner yes, if not, can you not understand why some would be upset?
Considering there are games in far worse shape code wise.

But again. Stern can do no wrong. And you better not be vocal about it. Or you will be called out "bashing" But it's ok if it fits the agenda, wants/needs of pinside.

All praise the unfaultering Stern.
Because if you don't, you're wrong.
And we'll call you names.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

LoL. So a code release from a pinball manufacturer has nothing to do with that manufacturer?
And because an employee supposedly worked on their own time. It must be seen to have been spent wisely in everyone's eyes?
If you are Metallica owner yes, if not, can you not understand why some would be upset?
But again. Stern can do no wrong. And you better not be vocal about it. Or you will be called out "bashing" But it's ok if it fits the agenda, wants/needs of pinside.

You sound a bit sensitive, go on a timeout

#142 5 years ago

Great for Metallica owners!

Dumbazz Stern get code updates going for other games - deliver on what you promised.

Now to us owners (dumbazz too); we need to hold tight when they introduce a game. Otherwise, Stern will continue this nonsense.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Assuming this was Lyman, at home, on HIS time, just finally getting Met. To the point he wanted to. Then it is not really any good for people to cry about other games. Maybe Stern will tell him he isn't allowed to do that anymore, he's making the other games codes look bad, is that the goal?

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

...Maybe Stern will tell him he isn't allowed to do that anymore, he's making the other games codes look bad, is that the goal?

yes & no
with this new code update, i'm sure STERN will sell their last NIB MET they still have in the cellar...

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes &amp; no
with this new code update, i'm sure STERN will sell their last NIB MET they still have in the cellar...

MET is so good I’m considering another for my cellar.
In CA we call that the living room.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

One setting I always change in Metallica LE/premium, that I wish was default because no one else ever seems to change it: autofire after lock OFF. That way you get another manual plunge at a skill shot. Another chance to lock in a shot for CIU items, plus it's just more fun to take skill shots than have the game plunge for you.

I didn't realize you had another skill shot after a lock if you took off the auto plunge. I may have to play with that.

PS: Were there any changes to the difficulty of Snake Multiball?

#147 5 years ago

I'm also super tempted to cheat End of the Line to get the song, but I want to earn it.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Re-categorizing a GOOD thing into a BAD thing because you wanted something else is foolish.
The only thing this type of reaction does is shut down good things - because people that make the extra effort get sick of the lack of appreciation, and even outright attacks on them for going the extra mile.

Much smarter to complain about the lack of support for X game in it's thread(s) and leave it at that.
Don't be the fool that legitimizes the phrase "no good deed goes unpunished" - lest you become the recipient of "no good deeds".

#149 5 years ago

A new Metallica Game Guide in honor of the new code...

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=877

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Also,...I would hardly call the complaining about code "going against the herd" it's done on every single code thread there is, again, and again, and again, and......
It'd be nice to NOT see it here, where there really should be a place for people to talk about this new code, without getting pounded by the code cops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-180-for-metallica-/page/3?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.