pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2261 (resized).JPG
IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
24D992FA-FAFE-4F79-8322-17F952FCB124 (resized).jpeg
Kiss update (resized).jpg
IMG_99131 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
IMG_0537 (resized).jpg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago

One song from hardwired would of been a good update

#52 5 years ago

Quick question:

The update includes:
- "The End Of The Line" song is now selectable at the start of the game
if the player has made it to "The End Of The Line" (the 5th Crank It Up
mode).

Does this mean that after someone gets to TEOTL wizard mode, anyone on that specific game can press start and choose that song as a main track? It specifically says start of the game, but after the wizard mode.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Quick question:
The update includes:
- "The End Of The Line" song is now selectable at the start of the game
if the player has made it to "The End Of The Line" (the 5th Crank It Up
mode).
Does this mean that after someone gets to TEOTL wizard mode, anyone on that specific game can press start and choose that song as a main track? It specifically says start of the game, but after the wizard mode.

I guess that’s what it says.
Have to try it out with the glass off since I’ll never be able to reach TEOTL on my own.

#54 5 years ago

he did it again ! santa Lyman is a bit to soon, but no matter, MET owners are saying TANX

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That's all Lyman man. I'm sure he did it in his spare time. If you want this degree of love stick to his games.

yup I think the same for the last TWD update too. Epic.

#56 5 years ago

Surprise updates for AC/DC, TWD & now MET all while he’s been coding the hell out of BM66.
24D992FA-FAFE-4F79-8322-17F952FCB124 (resized).jpeg24D992FA-FAFE-4F79-8322-17F952FCB124 (resized).jpeg

#57 5 years ago

This is why Lyman is so awesome!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Anyone have issues with the mystery kickout? A couple times it launched the ball out like a pitcher throwing a nasty changeup and draining straight down the middle. Never seen this before until I installed the update. Only happened a couple of times though

All the coils seem gruntier on my game since the update. Might be my imagination but everything seems 10% stronger.

which is cool by me.

rd

#59 5 years ago

Anyone else had an Error Code 8?

Using my trusty 128MB USB drive, which has done me proud for >5yrs... and did the 1.70 update just fine last year, plus updated TWD Pro to 1.60 (and the ColorDMD) only yesterday!

IMG_2256 (resized).JPGIMG_2256 (resized).JPG

Reformatting drive to FAT32 now, re-downloading and trying again...

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Anyone else had an Error Code 8?
Using my trusty 128MB USB drive, which has done me proud for >5yrs... and did the last 1.70 update just fine.
[quoted image]

Never seen that before.

I’d download the code again, format the USB drive and try again.

rd

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Never seen that before.
I’d download the code again, format the USB drive and try again.
rd

Aye - trying again now!

#62 5 years ago

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaand relax.

IMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPG
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Stern sucks. A dozen games long overdue for code updates and instead they put out new code for a game widely already seen as well polished and awesome. Nice move Stern.

I would guess it's Lyman in his free time not Stern saying Lyman update Met

#64 5 years ago

I just blew up the score and almost got to 3 CIUs!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can you skip the electric chair multiball startup?

Only if you have a volume control installed on the outside of the coin door. If you change the volume, it cancels the animation

#66 5 years ago

Sounds like this will make the whole game more kickass-ier.... The CIU modes are the best part of the game, and they sound easier to get now..

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow very nice.....guess my total light show will need updated also......

Thanks to Doctor6 for reporting back on Total Lightshow behaviour. I haven't had time to look in complete detail yet, but it does seem from reading the release notes at least that the lights are ok but that the sound caller functionality will need updating. I aim to issue a code update by the end of the week to fix it.

For anyone who hasn't updated TLS code before, you can get familiar with the process here..
https://redshiftled.com.au/Downloads.php

#68 5 years ago

Some really good quality of life and bug fixes here. End Of The Line should no longer be a rare thing for most decent players.

One change I'd still like to see is the orbits building to something more specific (like every other shot in the game), to give you more incentive to shoot them.

As to Lyman ... he's clearly a lot more dedicated than the other main coders who've been around a while at Stern, but I'd place the blame with Stern on that - they should be providing the time and/or pay for games to be finished.

If this really is unpaid overtime that Lyman is putting in, then it's as much a monument to Stern's slapdash, cheap attitude as it is Lyman's dedication. Even if it's paid over time, that's bad. Pretty sure Keith, Ted, Joe et al don't suffer that at JJP ... and it shows with the brilliant work they do.

There's no way, on recent evidence, that I'd buy a Stern that wasn't Naegele coded, or Lyman a couple of years after release - he doesn't seem able on the schedule Stern puts him on to deliver good stuff anywhere near release. The others are too often abandoned, unfinished, lacking polish, and ridden with bugs and scoring imbalances. The Dwight, Lonnie (and now Tanio) games just aren't good enough given how high prices are now, and I blame Stern.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can you skip the electric chair multiball startup?

Nope. All the animations are still unskippable.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The Dwight, Lonnie (and now Tanio) games just aren't good enough given how high prices are now, and I blame Stern.

I a beginning to think you are right!!
My GBLE has been promised an update several times (Dwight).

My DPLE still doesn’t have 1.0 code(Taino).

Thinking of Munsters, but another Dwight code that may never get finished!!

What to do????

I thought they hired more coders?!?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Sounds like this will make the whole game more kickass-ier.... The CIU modes are the best part of the game, and they sound easier to get now..

What changed to make them easier?

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The number of hits each time you go into them that are required by factory default (aka: not cheating).

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Default settings for each of electric chair/snake/crosses/coffin have been reduced to 10 from 15. The default gravemarker multiple ball has been reduced to a single hit rather than 2 to start the mode, making that easier to obtain. Combo Extra Ball deafult reduced from 20 combo's (Which I've never done in 5 months!) to 10 Combo's. Those are off the top of my head the things that make it easier.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thinking of Munsters, but another Dwight code that may never get finished!!
What to do????

If the leaked artwork has made it to production, thankfully the Premium is my favourite so it gives me plenty of time to sit back and watch the code situation.

Lyman is the only guy on code, where I will jump in with both feet, he was the reason I pulled the trigger on a BM66LE at release and he’s delivered on that game big time!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Default settings for each of electric chair/snake/crosses/coffin have been reduced to 10 from 15. The default gravemarker multiple ball has been reduced to a single hit rather than 2 to start the mode, making that easier to obtain. Combo Extra Ball deafult reduced from 20 combo's (Which I've never done in 5 months!) to 10 Combo's. Those are off the top of my head the things that make it easier.

The most combo's I've ever had is maybe 6 or 7, bought in 2013. 10 is still super hard, 20 seemed impossible.

#76 5 years ago

Wow! What’s with all the code updates lately? Only a couple more to go with GB, KISS...

#77 5 years ago

Nice. I may have to do this!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow! What’s with all the code updates lately? Only a couple more to go with GB, KISS...

You can’t put code updates where Lyman is lead coder into the Stern schedule, for years it’s been rumoured and pretty much proven by the man himself, that Lyman does a lot of coding in his own time.

AC/DC, TWD & now this one for MET along with all the BM66 updates have come from Lyman and his crazy code lab

#79 5 years ago

Lyman clearly pays attention to how his games are played in tourneys and seems to want his games to be more balanced so players in tourneys and in the home environment can explore and enjoy all the aspects of the game.

ACDC: most recently changes the game so people don’t play Hells Bells all day

Metallica: sees TDs reducing requirements for CIU modes.

Thank you Lyman for all of your hard work!

#80 5 years ago

Cross posted on Met owners thread
DWD
Graysonsdad
Pinside member

CA Hamilton, ON

<1y 31,050 231 1 21 2

I have some good news and some "bad" news about the update.
Since I already have my met opened up I decided to cheat my way through some modes and get to end of the line.
The good news,
After achieving (not completing) End of the Line, the song is selectable from launch. I turn off the pin and disconnected power. I was worried it was a running reward. It stay as an option indefinitely.
The bad news,
ColorDMD WILL need a patch. Most animations and text are intact......until you reach end of the line. The text prompts aren't coloured, the scoring has weird colour issues and the animations have errors.
Other than a needed color dmd update, all seems well. Great update

#81 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in a huo original run Metallica I have one up for sale in the market place. $4600 firm.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Nope. All the animations are still unskippable.

Pretty sure both flipper buttons skip animation sequences...maybe there’s a setting to enable it.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty sure both flipper buttons skip animation sequences...maybe there’s a setting to enable it.

Not since I owned mine.. Not even the second time through the electric chair mulitball....

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Not since I owned mine.. Not even the second time through the electric chair mulitball....

i use those animations to take a break and enjoy a sip of my favorite pinball beverage!!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you find a setting that does this, report back to us. In the meanwhile, they've never been and continue to not be skippable.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i use those animations to take a break and enjoy a sip of my favorite pinball beverage!!

As do I! Though I would describe what I do as more gulp than sip....

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That's all Lyman man. I'm sure he did it in his spare time. If you want this degree of love stick to his games.

I’m sticking to Lyman only Stern games. Period.

#88 5 years ago

Holy Frigg! Nice to have an update on MET was thinking it was at the EOTL for that now, but bam, something new - so cool. Bad thing is we lose our high scores -ugh. Oh well time to work on some new ones looks like -

#89 5 years ago

Thanks to Lyman for making his games a true masterpiece. He is a master craftsman.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It does skip the mystery scoop animation. And the extra ball animation. Not sure about others... I know it DOESN'T skip Sparky. (but it's an awesome light show, so I don't get skipping it, tbh).

#91 5 years ago

Just put a few games on, and maybe its because I'm out of practice (haven't played this pin in MONTHS) but it seems a lot harder now lol

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Seems slightly unfair to Rick Naegele and those who supported his effort. Maiden was the most ready and generally bug free release from Stern ever in recent times. What wasn't right or finished was completed very quickly, and the rules are good (Elwin obviously helped there).

Particularly as a debut effort, it goes to show that coding pinball isn't some kind of dark, impenetrable art.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Huge plus for me I have to say. Lyman/Borg for me is the perfect combo.

#94 5 years ago

Yeah nice update but pin is sold already
And only while the sound is really bad - for a music pin

#95 5 years ago

Pinside has been pretty negative recently so I thought it might be a nice idea to show some positivity around here and put all our combined thanks and appreciation for Lyman and everyone involved in one easy to see thread, can’t hurt for us all to be nice for a change

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thank-you-lyman-amp-co-thread

#96 5 years ago

Anyone else having an issue getting the machine to recognize code.
I've been using the same thumb drive for updates.
My thumb drive has the BIN file on it. Should there be a zipped file as well?
I've unzipped this BIN file as I've had in the past and this is the first time the machine sees no update.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I just don't know what.

#97 5 years ago

File has to be unzipped. Besides that not much you can do wrong. Try an different usb stick would be best advise.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Anyone else having an issue getting the machine to recognize code.
I've been using the same thumb drive for updates.
My thumb drive has the BIN file on it. Should there be a zipped file as well?
I've unzipped this BIN file as I've had in the past and this is the first time the machine sees no update.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I just don't know what.

There is no unzipping required.... download the .bin directly from Stern and put that file on your USB stick.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There is no unzipping required.... download the .bin directly from Stern and put that file on your USB stick.

This is odd. I've used two different thumb drives. One is the drive I've always used for updated Metallica and IM. I deleted everything on this drive and now have only:
MTL180LE.BIN
MTL180LE.zip
WinZip

Machine still can't find update.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

This is odd. I've used two different thumb drives. One is the drive I've always used for updated Metallica and IM. I deleted everything on this drive and now have only:
MTL180LE.BIN
MTL180LE.zip
WinZip
Machine still can't find update.

Delete everything off that drive except for MTL180LE.BIN and try again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-180-for-metallica-/page/2?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.