IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 7 years ago

Just put up a score of 1.6billion on the new code at my local arcade, my highest score before was around 400mil, this is on a machine where the slimer does not register at all. The other 5 or so games I played were average around 100mil or so, no better or worse then usual. The new code does make a big difference as it allows you to get that little bit further particularly on good games.

I didn't adjust my gameplay at all, just don't have the patience to time out modes. Would consider doing so in comp, if it provided a major strategy. Only real change to norm was focused a bit more on the librarian lader to get WCWKA, although skewed that multi ball up.

I will say by far the biggest improvement to the code is the add a ball on multiballs. It made the multiball a lot more fun and rewarding having that extra ball save time and additional balls (if you can get the scoop) it really helps ease the pain of all the cheap drains in other parts of the game. Also makes focusing on multiball more rewarding both from a points and playing perspective.

Not sure about modes being able to be timed out, like I said does not worry me as I wouldn't play that way. For torments I cannot see anyone leaving this feature on.

For me having the modes stay live after draining was a massive improvement due to the poor slimer on this particular machine (one of the original mechs that the operator has not changed over yet) before hand if you missed your skill shot you had f..kall way of getting modes started. The worst was you would get a mode going on skill shot then complete and drain off the first shot of the new mode. Which basically skewed you an lest you did skill shot again. On tables with a slimer that registers properly maybe not so big a deal.

All up I would rate the code a big step up. Yes it can be exploited by timing out modes, but hey you just cheating yourself. I can't really comment on any bugs, only playing in location I'm not that aware of the little issues.

Oh got the scream feature, very nice touch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters?tu=SimonBaird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.