IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG

There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#2 7 years ago

Nice!

#3 7 years ago

Looks like I'll be able to make it to "we came we saw" now

#4 7 years ago

After updating, my E light from the PKE lanes flickers. Anyone else? It never did this before.

First impression is also that the Ghost standup target seems less sensitive and so does Slimer (I saw that they made Slimer less sensitive! wonder why?)

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, the E flickers. Like this, right? https://goo.gl/photos/JFyVQcRHaU6BJecu9

I haven't noticed a change in Slimer sensitivity, but mine was working well before. I have found 3 bugs already though.

#6 7 years ago

Wow what a kick to the F'n nuts to kiss owners.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Not really. If you look at the notes, it's mostly an adjustment addition update. There's not a whole lot other than making it just easier to progress. they didn't change the game much.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

IMG_0086 (resized).JPGIMG_0086 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

So what is the purpose of the E flickering? Not sure I like that.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

So what is the purpose of the E flickering? Not sure I like that.

It's a bug.

I've found 2 other bugs too. If you have a mode running, hitting the skill shot on the right or left scoop won't award Tobin or the video mode. It just gives you the 10% of your score and ejects the ball.

#11 7 years ago

looking to confirm if any new audio clips are used. Mine should be coming soon so I will check as well.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a bug.
I've found 2 other bugs too. If you have a mode running, hitting the skill shot on the right or left scoop won't award Tobin or the video mode. It just gives you the 10% of your score and ejects the ball.

Downloading the new code as I type - perhaps it's best to skip this update?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Downloading the new code as I type - perhaps it's best to skip this update?

No, it's worth updating. The bugs aren't a huge deal.

#15 7 years ago

If there are bugs I'm confident Dwight will fix them fast. He's solid like that.

#16 7 years ago

New code sounds good, but I'm thinking about waiting until the bugs are fixed. That PKE thing would probably bother the hell out of me.

#17 7 years ago

Awesome !! Can't wait to download

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How dare stern release code for just one game and not hold it so they can release all of them at once.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a bug.

Tobin and video mode were never available during the scenes so this is actually normal.

There were other bugs discussed in the bug thread which I see no mention of so I don't know if they were fixed or not:

- 100 ghost insert doesn't light during MHMB
- Specifying the extra ball earned at # of ghosts to anything other than auto and it doesn't award
- No timer shown on 'He Slimed Me'
- 2 or more balls looped won't release on game start
- Terror Dog hurry up scoring values can get corrupted (my own experience)
- Right scoop/saucer overrides the main ball save

So I played a few games on the new code. The hurry up sound is really.. uhm...different... The left scoop kickout is buggered now. The kickout now has an extra delay where it plays the kickout audio, waits a second, then flashes the light and then kicks out. The audio and light are supposed to by synced, not separated by a 1 second pause.

Rob

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Tobin and video mode were never available during the scenes so this is actually normal.

Then it's an old bug that was never fixed. It says clear as day on the DMD that the shot awards Tobin or awards the video mode.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Then it's an old bug that was never fixed. It says clear as day on the DMD that the shot awards Tobin or awards the video mode.

But, the old code never had scenes starting at the beginning of the ball like it does now. I'd say it's more of a coding oversight and a big one because it nerfs 2 of the skill shots. What happens to the scene start skill shots if a scene is running at the beginning of a ball? Are those nerfed too?

Rob

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, the old code never had scenes starting at the beginning of the ball like it does now. I'd say it's more of a coding oversight and a big one because it nerfs 2 of the skill shots. What happens to the scene start skill shots if a scene is running at the beginning of a ball? Are those nerfed too?
Rob

They go to the 10% of your score award. If scenes are lit, rollovers are what you'll want.

#23 7 years ago

Ballroom shots are now the wrong colour (blue instead of pink).

The flipper power appears a bit stronger now. After only a few games I'm seeing way more crazy airballs from the left ramp targets now. I didn't think I needed a deflector on my pro before, but now I absolutely need one. It's crazy! I even have coil pulse set to soft.

Rob

#24 7 years ago

I just noticed the kickout issue happens on the right saucer too. It plays the sound with no flasher effect, waits a second, blinks the flasher and then kicks the ball out. This does not happen all the time though.

On my last game for the night I picked don't cross the streams for video mode and the game promptly showed in small letters on the dmd 'score: 67'. Then the dmd showed a few other weird things flashing by as the flippers went dead, the ball kicked out and drained. The ball save was active so I at least got my ball back.

I finally made it to WCWSWKIA and I couldn't understand any of the voices in this multiball because they were too soft or being drowned out by other sounds in the game.

To be honest, and this is just my opinion, I prefer 1.05 over this version. I'm undecided if I like the scene rule changes, but I know they can be changed. The new timer sound is worse I think and now it tends to get completely 'ran over' by other sounds in the game.
This 1.10 just introduced more bugs, didn't fix other bugs so that's the main reason I don't like it. Again, just my opinion. I'm thankful that Dwight puts time and effort into the updates and know he will get this stuff sorted out.

Rob

#25 7 years ago

This release is a great step forward. Really like the mode options, adjustments to the voices, and scare feature; freaked my wife out.

Few outstanding issues that I hoped would have been included:
- Option to disable mass hysteria reverse flippers or atleast have all colored inserts flash red when reverse and blue when regular (anything really to give us a clue) plus a better ball save at the end once flippers reverse back yet again.
- Disable the extra ball lightshow/clip during multiball; currently a great way to lose track of the balls when it goes dark.
- Double flipper button faster cancelling of mode start/end clips so we can just keep playing

Wishful thinking list:
- Loopin Supers and PKE frenzy should start after SFMB. Too much chaos going on to really utilize the super loops, plus Tony Scoleri keeps popping up blocking the shot.
- Utilize more sound clips. Nice that they tweaked the existing ones, but tap into the plethora of others within the rom waiting to be used.
- ESP the only video mode with the option to take 5M points and skip or play the video mode and try for more
- Don't cross the streams is such a big part of the movie; get it out of the video mode and make it an actual play mode after collecting XXX amount of value from the gear targets. This would give more incentive to loop several times and build up the gear value. Once you collect all your gear, then mode can start.

GB is already a fantastic game with unique layout. If they keep improving the code like they did with this recent update, it will become an even greater work of awesomeness.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Disable the extra ball lightshow/clip during multiball

Agreed 100%

Quoted from Aquapin:

Loopin Supers and PKE frenzy should start after SFMB. Too much chaos going on to really utilize the super loops, plus Tony Scoleri keeps popping up blocking the shot.

I don't agree with this. Stacking PKE frenzy with a multiball can be lucrative. Although loopin supers is tough to manage, especially with the scoleri target up on the left.

Quoted from Aquapin:

Don't cross the streams is such a big part of the movie; get it out of the video mode and make it an actual play mode after collecting XXX amount of value from the gear targets

Well it's kind of too late for this now. I wish it was awarded differently than just giving the player the choice of one or another. Dwight runs the risk of completely alienating the ESP video mode now, nobody may ever want to play it.

#27 7 years ago

Thumbs up on doing away with Loopin Supers during multiball! It's one of my favorite parts of the game, kills me when it starts up during multiball (with both Slimer and Scoleri mucking it up).

#28 7 years ago

This update is buggy!

Found another one. Getting "Light Tobin's Spirit Guide" in pops does not light Tobin's Spirit Guide. I'm running into something else every few games. Also, I never had the ball saver light at incorrect times, but I am seeing it now. There better be a hotfix coming in soon to patch up these bugs. There's a lot of them.

Does Stern do QA anymore?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How dare stern release code for just one game and not hold it so they can release all of them at once.

You must work for Stern in how often you jump to their defense. Good job helping advance the pinball hobby with your snark.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This update is buggy!
Found another one. Getting "Light Tobin's Spirit Guide" in pops does not light Tobin's Spirit Guide. I'm running into something else every few games. Also, I never had the ball saver light at incorrect times, but I am seeing it now. There better be a hotfix coming in soon to patch up these bugs. There's a lot of them.
Does Stern do QA anymore?

I'm going to skip the update and leave the old code in, If it is buggy.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

yep, doing the same. Sounds like the mode start/completion changes are the biggest part of the update and I don't think they were that bad in the first place.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

yep, doing the same. Sounds like the mode start/completion changes are the biggest part of the update and I don't think they were that bad in the first place.

Same here, but sounds like that's the direction they're going - at some point we're going to have to accept the new mode system or not update at all. Might just wait for the next one.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The new code is fun. I have the old code on standby, but the new code is worth checking out.

Not to mention, they need more experienced eyes that can help to tell them the bugs (there are LOTs of little ones but nothing big or a show stopper in order to play)

#34 7 years ago

Just installed it and thinking might go back to previous one as I liked the modes coming up random with each ball.. the new version stays in that mode until completed along with the music...
I noticed in the settings menu you can no longer nominate how many ghosts to complete before each stage is complete?
People are going on about the flashing pke letters but I know they are flashing to tell the player which letter needs to be activated ...

Not sure if this is better than previous version but missing the changing music during play and modes coming up with each ball ... oh well

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

People are going on about the flashing pke letters but I know they are flashing to tell the player which letter needs to be activated ...

No. The E flickers randomly all through the game.

#36 7 years ago

I saw the E flicker, I thought I had to go reseat an led so I ignored it. Didn't realize it could be a bug, guess it is.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I didnt notice that on my game

#38 7 years ago

well, new code new topic !?
not sure if we have to leave the old mine than... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas

and about this 1.10, and all was reported in the topic linked above, i must admit i feel this update is just a joke
i'm very disapointed, and may be this feeling will go away, but right now i'm ready to put my GB on the sell/exchange list

#39 7 years ago

The bugs will get fixed quickly. Don't be so doomsday! In general the code has been improved.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I didn't notice this on my pro, maybe this is an LE/Prem bug?

#41 7 years ago

I did a bad bad thing and formatted my SD card....does anyone have a Ghostbusters Pro image by any chance?

#42 7 years ago

Game still desperately needs another mball only one you play all the time is storage facility.

#43 7 years ago

After Dwight polished Star Trek with 1.6, he released a minor update (1.6.1) within a week that fixed a few bugs.

#44 7 years ago

Honking there is more coming that seems like a very small update for not being updated in several months

#45 7 years ago

spoiler : which is not as some others players will also do it soon
than, not really as stated in the txt file, the WIZARD MODE "we're ready to believe you" is in !!!
i've just made it

well, fun is back after a great game, but this will go down quickly, as again i'm not happy with this small update
the "no need to finish the mode" is way too easy for those with some skills, even with 3 balls (before i was playing with 5)
i've than played WARTBL, but dont ask me what must be done in there, its a multiball, i didnt watched the DMD
my son did, its was some TV animations with interferences, more later
and quite all of my point we're made in 1 good/long ball only : multiball SF + PKE + multiball MH + add-a-ball (which is now also too easy)

hi_gb (resized).JPGhi_gb (resized).JPG

than, as the WIZARD MODE is done, i dont believe we will have lots of others updates, and thats not a good news actually

Dwight please, make me being wrong...

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

After Dwight polished Star Trek with 1.6, he released a minor update (1.6.1) within a week that fixed a few bugs.

we know Jody. Thanks for the reminder.

#47 7 years ago

Interesting to see the differences in opinion on this recent update. Maybe this code update was just a little something to give us before EXPO so that we knew the code is still being updated. If I had to guess Dwight wouldn't unintentionally introduce new bugs into his code and then call it finished. Another update to follow...

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we know Jody. Thanks for the reminder.

So Captain_Kirk = Air_Pinball = Jody?

#49 7 years ago

played a few more games.

LOTS of little bugs. This is much less polished than the last code. I like where things are moving from what I can tell, but the bugs are all over.

I was in one mode, drained and that mode it still running. However, I was allowed to also select a new mode with the skillshot. I hit the skillshot and it awared a jackpot (odd) and then things got even buggier with that game.

#50 7 years ago

It is strange with the mode continue switched on that you can plunge ( with a mode already running ) shoot to start a mode and obviously not get that mode as theres already one running, makes the skillshot system seem a bit F'd up to me. Also is my understanding of the timeout adjustment correct? With it on modes will time out and the mode is counted as complete, with it off the mode runs forever? Stuck with the one soundtrack running forever until you actually complete the mode? So theres no way to actually play it as before? I.e modes time out but have to be completed to move on? Therefore no way to make it as hard as before?

I think they need to rethink what they've done here re mode progression, I've only had a few games since update and got to We came we saw and mass hysteria on most of those games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.